Notices

Anyone got a P series Ruger?

Old 04-16-2008, 10:36 PM   #1
sonic is on a distinguished road
Army: 3rd Infantry (ROCK OF THE MARNE)
sonic's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone got a P series Ruger?

I have a Ruger KP90D .45

I was looking into selling it, and getting the p345 possibly the P345PR, just for an upgrade/downgrade.

Anyone got any opinions on the p345?
Old 04-19-2008, 04:30 PM   #2
Come on, Touch it......
ChrisDeSoup will become famous soon enough

ChrisDeSoup's Tacoma Gallery
I have a P89TH and for a inexpensive weapon it is great. I have Kimbers that cost 3 and 4 times as much and I would have to say the Ruger is the most reliable. I have had it for 5 years or so and carried it holstered in the mountains in some real crappy weather and it has never failed to load or eject cleaning in the field is a breeze. My kimbers are kinda high class and prissy, they look pretty and I can drive tacks with them but I would rather have my trusty ruger in the field. I'm looking at a Sig myself.

that was an off topic rant, sorry...
Old 04-19-2008, 07:14 PM   #3
sonic is on a distinguished road
Army: 3rd Infantry (ROCK OF THE MARNE)
sonic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisDeSoup View Post
I have a P89TH and for a inexpensive weapon it is great. I have Kimbers that cost 3 and 4 times as much and I would have to say the Ruger is the most reliable. I have had it for 5 years or so and carried it holstered in the mountains in some real crappy weather and it has never failed to load or eject cleaning in the field is a breeze. My kimbers are kinda high class and prissy, they look pretty and I can drive tacks with them but I would rather have my trusty ruger in the field. I'm looking at a Sig myself.

that was an off topic rant, sorry...
No it was GREAT info.
Old 04-20-2008, 04:59 PM   #4
centurion is on a distinguished road
centurion's Tacoma Gallery
Sonic

Dont have a p345 but i do have a P89DC and dollar for dollar i would put it up against the most expensive piece out there. I have never had a failure to feed or eject and its accurate to boot as well as pretty inexpensive.

I have a 1911 clone in 45 ACP its a Charles Daly, another cheap one, ( it was given to me) but if money were no object i would get a Wilson Combat, tactical supergrade.

If i were you i would keep the Ruger and just buy another handgun that would fit what your looking for, can never have too many guns
Old 04-20-2008, 05:09 PM   #5
Come on, Touch it......
ChrisDeSoup will become famous soon enough

ChrisDeSoup's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by centurion View Post
If i were you i would keep the Ruger and just buy another handgun that would fit what your looking for, can never have too many guns
+1
Old 03-11-2009, 09:17 PM   #6
My Cat's breath Smells like Cat Food
Monkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
Monkeysuncle's Tacoma Gallery
I've got the KP95 Dc. Synthetic frame stainless slide, I love it.