1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Turkey Hunters

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by hillbillytoyo, Mar 15, 2010.

1. Mar 16, 2010 at 3:56 PM
    hillbillytoyo

hillbillytoyo [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    WV
    Vehicle:
    17 Tundra Crewmax SR5 TRD Off Road.
    G2 bed cover
    Thanks guys and I appericate all the advice. By the way I just bought my out of state spring gobbler liscense for KY. It's kind of expensive but I will get a couple extra weeks of hunting, so I guess its worth it.

2. Mar 17, 2010 at 6:03 PM
    kubota man

kubota man Well-Known Member

Member:
    hazard ky
    Vehicle:
    08 trd off road dc 4x4
    HAY WHERE ABOUT IN KY ARE YOU HUNTING IM IN PERRY COUNTY WE HAVE PLENTY Of GOBBLERS here also hunt in morgan county.

3. Mar 17, 2010 at 7:05 PM
    eagleswarrior

eagleswarrior Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fayetteville, NC
    Vehicle:
    1988 Toyota Pickup 3.0 V6...
    Paint Job (Imperial Jade Mica-6Q7), 2" ToyTec Susp. Lift, Pro Comp ES9000 Shocks, Mud Tires, New Carpet, two-toned Dyed Dash, Blue LED's in instrument cluster, rockford fosgate 6 1/2's, 1" Rockford dome tweeters, 12" Rockford Sub, Sony head unit, Future Mods: Front Bull Bar with Hella 500's, rock lights, bed lights, Exhaust System
    Yes definately find a good call, practice alot and get use to it cause its one of the best huntin tools out there for turkey...Scounting is very essential for turkey as well...I've scouted enough at my place I could almost guarantee you without a doubt unless its just not God's will that within 30 minutes after daylight, I'll have a nice Gobler...I know exactly what time they come down, where they are coming from, and where they will land...I've sat in the same spot under the same tree for three years straight and the longest has been 45 minutes after daylight and thats just cause my father in law missed at 20 minutes after daylight and I had to call em back in to take the shot:D!! He was mad I didn't let him shoot twice...I've got 2 gobblers on video from deer season that there beards are dragging the ground so I've been keeping a close eye on those two!! Good luck to everyone!!

4. Mar 17, 2010 at 10:02 PM
    Cletus Cobb

Cletus Cobb Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kirk
    Davie County NC
    Vehicle:
    97 tacoma V6 4x4 ext cab
    I've got a Beneli Super Nova 12 guage, Goblin Thunder extra full choke and use Winchester extended range #5s. That gun and ammo patterns fantastic even down range. That being my Mom's husband gave me his Dad's 1948 Browning Auto 5 that has a 26" barrel and the choke has been opened up to somwwhere between modified to improved cylinder. With
    2 3/4" #5s it paterns better than my Beneli....... go figure. Have fun this season, and if you don't like turkey huntin, you are most likely over-medicated.

5. Mar 18, 2010 at 5:16 AM
    hillbillytoyo

hillbillytoyo [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    WV
    Vehicle:
    17 Tundra Crewmax SR5 TRD Off Road.
    G2 bed cover
    I'll be hunting in Pike County, somewhere between Pikeville and Belfry.

Products Discussed in

To Top