Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

New Holster set up using the POS XD Holster

Old 03-28-2010, 11:50 AM   #1
larz is a splendid one to beholdlarz is a splendid one to beholdlarz is a splendid one to beholdlarz is a splendid one to beholdlarz is a splendid one to beholdlarz is a splendid one to beholdlarz is a splendid one to beholdlarz is a splendid one to behold

larz's Tacoma Gallery
New Holster set up using the POS XD Holster

Ever wonder what to do with the POS holster that comes w/ your fine XD handgun? Well I've figured with the height of center console I'd be able to have a full size hand gun up-right in it. The following pictures are what I did.....First I got 8" cable ties and 1" X 1" adhesive cable 4-Way mounts. They are rated for 75 lbs tensile so it should be strong enough. And of course the POS holster that comes with the XD.

Drill a hole about 7/32 on the bottom/center of the Holster. Also, I'd loosen the allen screw on the holster so that the fit is not too tight.

Then loop 2 cable ties and the 4-ways on the top of the belt-loop rails and 1 on the bottom looping it through the drilled hole. This will give you stability both horizonally and vertically. Pull the cables tight and make sure that the mounts are flush.

Place the gun in holster (UNLOADED!!) and kind of line it up where you want it. I have a Service and Sub-Compact and I set it up using my Service so I could use both if I wanted. My front of slide of the service almost touches the bottom....I put a small writing tablet (3/16") under it so it would give me a little space.

Then take off the backers on the pads and press hard against it to make sure its secure.

Picture looking down.

Picture of side view.

From the back seat.

I suppose you could do this using similar guns/holsters....you'd just have to modify it based on the holster.

I played with the set up a bit and it works pretty good....with the way you sit it's almost like having it on your side.
Old 03-28-2010, 05:50 PM   #4
^^^^ 3%er ^^^^
Packman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Packman73's Tacoma Gallery
I used my wife's XDgear POS holster in her closet up high so she can grab it quick. We hang a cowboy hat on it and no one knows it's there. I carry mine on me at all times so I don't need or want a mount in my truck.
Old 03-29-2010, 06:30 AM   #5
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet man! I had been thinking about putting that shitty holster somewhere in my truck.
Old 03-29-2010, 06:49 AM   #6
I love your mom!
Slimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Sergeant First Class
Name: Linwood
Slimwood Shady's Tacoma Gallery
ok, I may be the dumbest person here, but..where did you connect the zip ties to? Did you drill holes in your console?
Old 03-29-2010, 07:07 AM   #7
centraltaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedcentraltaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedcentraltaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedcentraltaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedcentraltaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedcentraltaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedcentraltaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedcentraltaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedcentraltaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedcentraltaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedcentraltaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

centraltaco's Tacoma Gallery
That is a nice set up. I am going to have to try something similar. Mine just rattles around in the console right now.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:21 AM   #8
larz is a splendid one to beholdlarz is a splendid one to beholdlarz is a splendid one to beholdlarz is a splendid one to beholdlarz is a splendid one to beholdlarz is a splendid one to beholdlarz is a splendid one to beholdlarz is a splendid one to behold

larz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by linwoodm View Post
ok, I may be the dumbest person here, but..where did you connect the zip ties to? Did you drill holes in your console?

You are....J/K....drill a hole in the bottom of the the belt loop and the other two around the vertical rails (this view is looking at the bottom)....maybe this larger pic will help.....
don't drill your console.

Old 03-29-2010, 01:14 PM   #9
I love your mom!
Slimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Sergeant First Class
Name: Linwood
Slimwood Shady's Tacoma Gallery
Ah ha, Got it. I thought that the stickies where just some sort of double sided tape! I got it now.
Old 03-29-2010, 02:48 PM   #10
kiddwvman is just really nicekiddwvman is just really nicekiddwvman is just really nicekiddwvman is just really nicekiddwvman is just really nice
Army:
Name: leon
kiddwvman's Tacoma Gallery
hell yes
Old 03-29-2010, 03:29 PM   #11
Senior Citizen
MT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant future

Air Force: Telecomm Tech
MT Madman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerfanXD View Post
I used my wife's XDgear POS holster in her closet up high so she can grab it quick. We hang a cowboy hat on it and no one knows it's there. I carry mine on me at all times so I don't need or want a mount in my truck.
Like Packer Dude, I wear mine on my belt. I do need to put my gun vault in the truck though.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:40 PM   #12
Join the NRA! Protect your freedom!
NraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
NraFan's Tacoma Gallery
Nice setup. I'll be looking to something similar with my glock and a cheap kydex holster.
Old 08-21-2012, 04:28 PM   #13
pmo will become famous soon enoughpmo will become famous soon enough

pmo's Tacoma Gallery
quick question guys....why do you need to carry a handgun?...just wunderin'
Old 08-21-2012, 09:22 PM   #15
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmo View Post
They don't make a holster big enough for cops.
Old 08-22-2012, 05:43 AM   #16

larz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quick question....why do YOU think we would need to carry a gun?
Old 08-22-2012, 06:06 AM   #17
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
derpppp
Old 08-22-2012, 10:19 AM   #19
Yukon Cornelius
Rmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rmodel65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

well when youre a free man you get to do things...but i guess your sovereign the crown doesnt trust you?