Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Concealed in the Summer

Old 04-05-2010, 09:27 AM   #21
Gauntlet will become famous soon enough

Name: Mike
Gauntlet's Tacoma Gallery
I carry 24/7. I don't have a problem in the cooler months when I am wearing heavy clothes or jackets. But in the summer, I either carry a S&W 640 or a Glock 30SF in either a IWB holster or in a pocket holster when wearing long pants. I have been using Thunderware holsters for my carry guns for over 12 years now when I am wearing shorts. You wear it under your shorts and I can easily conceal my full sized Glock 21SF and not have to wear a shirt at all.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:45 AM   #22
Lichen is one of the sharper tools in the shedLichen is one of the sharper tools in the shedLichen is one of the sharper tools in the shedLichen is one of the sharper tools in the shedLichen is one of the sharper tools in the shedLichen is one of the sharper tools in the shedLichen is one of the sharper tools in the shedLichen is one of the sharper tools in the shedLichen is one of the sharper tools in the shedLichen is one of the sharper tools in the shedLichen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lichen's Tacoma Gallery
In the summer I carry a Beretta Tomcat .32 auto. Fits in any pocket.
Old 04-05-2010, 04:10 PM   #23
ranger04 is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
ranger04's Tacoma Gallery
Ruger LCR. Inside the pocket works great.
Old 04-05-2010, 04:48 PM   #25
On my second taco now....
astral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shedastral is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
astral's Tacoma Gallery
I agree with most, IWB holster for summer carry. I carry a glock 27 in a Comp-tac infidel holster. I am so used to this that I carry it year round (not that it gets too cold here). It disappears fine with just a tshirt and shorts.
Old 04-05-2010, 04:51 PM   #26
JeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JeffRock's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainman998 View Post
I have a little Keltec 380 for when I am in boardshorts and flip flops
Me To! Love that little gun.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:26 PM   #27
fsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

fsbrain03's Tacoma Gallery
I was actually thinking of a pocket holster today while i was driving. i wear cargo shorts, and they have pretty big pockets, so that would be easy enough to conceal easily.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:31 PM   #28
Unsuspectingly striking from above
BirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Greg
BirdTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsbrain03 View Post
I was actually thinking of a pocket holster today while i was driving. i wear cargo shorts, and they have pretty big pockets, so that would be easy enough to conceal easily.
I use cargo pockets regularly. Works just fine. Since those pockets are usually baggy, obviously you need to be aware to not let it fall out or shift and turn too much.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:46 PM   #29
fsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Think I'll just buy a fake badge, and wear my gun out. That should work with no problems.

Ever since I have got my CHL, I have been real paranoid of society. My wife thinks it's funny that I take my gun everywhere. Hopefully I never I have to prove to her that it's worth it. But have it in that time ever comes.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:54 PM   #30
function > form
747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

747's Tacoma Gallery
Yer all goin' to jail.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:56 PM   #31
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Glock 27 on the ankle, khakis and flip flops.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:23 AM   #32
Join the NRA! Protect your freedom!
NraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
NraFan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsbrain03 View Post
Think I'll just buy a fake badge, and wear my gun out. That should work with no problems.
I hope you are joking. Even those "custom" CCW permit badges get people in a lot of trouble. Badges and guns get people hooked up for impersonationg and officer more times than they help. Just carry CONCEALED, the whole point of your permit.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:36 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by NraFan View Post
I hope you are joking. Even those "custom" CCW permit badges get people in a lot of trouble. Badges and guns get people hooked up for impersonationg and officer more times than they help. Just carry CONCEALED, the whole point of your permit.

Of course I am joking. I want to keep my right as an American.

Just trying to figure out the best way to carry. When I say best; I mean for me, and for everyone else. I want to have my gun easily accessible if needed, and not be clearly visible to the common person on the street.
Old 04-06-2010, 02:50 PM   #34
Veteran Redleg
SteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Arizona Army National Guard C BATTERY 1/180TH Field Artillery and the Pinal County Sheriff's Office
Name: Curt
SteelRain's Tacoma Gallery
I like my Kahr CW9 in stainless.
Old 04-06-2010, 02:54 PM   #35
doug355r is a glorious beacon of lightdoug355r is a glorious beacon of lightdoug355r is a glorious beacon of lightdoug355r is a glorious beacon of lightdoug355r is a glorious beacon of lightdoug355r is a glorious beacon of light

doug355r's Tacoma Gallery
I know y'all probably make fun of me but here is my summer conceal gun...

Old 04-06-2010, 02:58 PM   #37
doug355r is a glorious beacon of lightdoug355r is a glorious beacon of lightdoug355r is a glorious beacon of lightdoug355r is a glorious beacon of lightdoug355r is a glorious beacon of lightdoug355r is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester243 View Post
^^ that's cute, where's the rest of it?

j/k
Bend over and I'll show ya!!!! lol
Old 04-06-2010, 03:01 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerfanXD View Post
My LEO brother-in-law carrys little pocket guns when off duty. Nothing wrong with that.

I can hit a man size target every shot at 25-30 feet when shooting very fast.

I can also conceal it while wearing just an under shirt and basketball shorts.

So, it works for me.