LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Concealed in the Summer

Old 04-06-2010, 03:08 PM   #42
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug355r View Post
I can hit a man size target every shot at 25-30 feet when shooting very fast.

I can also conceal it while wearing just an under shirt and basketball shorts.

So, it works for me.
How does it feel, is it difficult to hold onto? I have a compact .45 and it is almost feels too small for my hand at times. I would love to have something smaller and easily concealable like this.
Old 04-06-2010, 03:13 PM   #43
doug355r is a glorious beacon of lightdoug355r is a glorious beacon of lightdoug355r is a glorious beacon of lightdoug355r is a glorious beacon of lightdoug355r is a glorious beacon of lightdoug355r is a glorious beacon of light

doug355r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester243 View Post
How does it feel, is it difficult to hold onto? I have a compact .45 and it is almost feels too small for my hand at times. I would love to have something smaller and easily concealable like this.
It is a bit small, but defiantly manageable. Its only a .380 so its doesn't kick too much. If you have bigger hands it might be too small. My glove size is a medium (9) and its about as small a gun as I would want to shoot.
Old 04-07-2010, 06:09 AM   #45
Gauntlet will become famous soon enough

Name: Mike
Gauntlet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdTRD View Post
Everybody has heard Rule #1 of a gun fight... Bring a gun!

A 380 in the pocket is a hell of a lot better than a 45 sitting on the nightstand at home.

Don't be ashamed of that little thing.
When carrying a pocket gun, I would suggest a 380 as being the minimum caliber to be effective. Sure, a .22 will stop someone, but the 380 has better ballistic ratings as opposed to .22's, .25's and .32's. Especially when it comes down to penetrating heavy clothing. As a Back Up Gun (BUG), I carry a L.W. Seecamp 380 for use as a last resort. When I am off duty I want a caliber that would be more effective, so I carry either a snubby .357 or a compact .45 acp and always have a reload ready.
Old 04-07-2010, 06:18 AM   #46
MGRS is on a distinguished road
Army:
MGRS's Tacoma Gallery
Carrying in the summer does mean a slight wardrobe adjustment to avoid printing. Holster and belt choice also becomes more important. Additionally, you will have to worry more about sweat corroding your weapon.

My setup (stays the same year around):

Glock 19 w/ XS big dot sights, Speer 124gr +p or Rem Golden Saber 124gr +p
Comp Tac C tac kydex IWB
Comptac 1.5" kydex reinforced leather gun belt or 1.75" Wilderness 5 stitch rigger's belt, depending on dress.

I find the pistol conceals best with a slight forward cant worn at the 4 o clock.

You make a larger weapon disappear by using a quality holster and stiff purpose built belt. I can't emphasize this enough. Too many people buy a nice pistol but throw it in a cheap generic holster and use their soft leather dress belt and then complain about how difficult it is to carry.

I like kydex because it does not retain moisture like leather and offers very good retention with a nice 'click' to let you know the piece is secure.

Training is also huge. I shoot my G19 as carried in 3 gun competition. Train as you would fight.
Old 04-09-2010, 05:47 AM   #47
fsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

fsbrain03's Tacoma Gallery
yahtzee, a better holster may just do the trick. I must find the best OWB holster now. Any suggestions? I have an XD subcompact 40, pretty bulky little gun. I decided that I like carrying it, and will probably not be changing guns.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:09 AM   #48
^^^^ 3%er ^^^^
Packman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Packman73's Tacoma Gallery
I agree with MGRS. A good gunbelt is just as important as a good holster. I still maintain that an IWB holster is the best way to conceal carry and with the right holster (supertuck), can be very comfortable to wear.
I really like my Galco Concealable OWB but it is anything but concealable with a full-sized grip.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:34 AM   #49
Simms65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimms65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimms65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimms65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimms65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimms65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimms65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimms65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimms65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimms65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimms65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: David
Simms65's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Simms65
If I'm wearing pants, I either have my LCP in my front pocket, my Sig P239 IWB/OWB, or both. I use a Simply Rugged Cuda. Awesome holster, can do IWB or OWB (make sure you buy it with the inside out straps).

I can carry my P239, or if I feel froggy my Sig P228 IWB under just a tshirt and conceal no problem.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:17 AM   #50
Army:
MGRS's Tacoma Gallery
From an "EDC" thread on another forum:

I highly recommend the comp tac c tac pictured. They are $80 but well worth it. Mine is used daily when I am not in uniform. Retention is excellent.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:25 AM   #52
Army:
MGRS's Tacoma Gallery
That's mine. Other than only wearing one watch, and carrying one light/knife of those pictured, I have all that stuff on me.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:26 AM   #53
Lifted 'n Locked 4WD Prerunner
01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
01tacoprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to 01tacoprerunner
The Keltec 9mm is pretty small.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:32 AM   #54
Ask me about the shortbus...
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
How many of you guys actually have permits to carry or just carry? I don't know a lot about it but I have never seen anyone carrying, but I guess that's the point.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:44 AM   #55
Manlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Manlaan's Tacoma Gallery
I ran into the same dilemma last summer so I bought myself a pocket gun (Kahr PM9 - Didn't like the Keltec as much) I wanted to keep it in 9mm so I didn't have to stock another type of ammo in case I didn't like it, so that seriously limited my options.

Made myself a holster from Kydex to fit in my back pocket and it ended up replacing all my other options for carrying. It's not the fastest draw, but then again, no one is going to question going for your wallet in your back pocket either.

The PM9 is really so small that I didn't notice a lot of difference between it and my wallet. The hardest thing to get used to was moving the wallet to my front pocket.

It does suck a little losing the back pocket, but then again, I guess its not a great idea to keep your wallet there anyway. And as quoted earlier, the first rule of a gun fight is to bring a gun. A .45 at home doesn't do anyone any good.

Regretfully, the temperature is heating up again and I'll have to stop wearing my jacket, which I would keep an extra mag and a light in. Not sure what I'm going to do about those since I have enough stuff in my pockets already with my knife, keys, phone and wallet. Maybe I'll have to put em on my belt.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:53 AM   #57
Manlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Manlaan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NumNutz View Post
How many of you guys actually have permits to carry or just carry? I don't know a lot about it but I have never seen anyone carrying, but I guess that's the point.
It really depends on your state. Some allow open carry with out any permits and concealed requiring a permit, while others require a permit for everything, or no permits needed at all. Personally, you'd be completely insane to break the law concerning carrying. Pretty sure its a felony in most states, ruining your chances of carrying legally ever again.
Old 04-09-2010, 10:00 AM   #58
DaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
DaWillDaBeast's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01tacoprerunner View Post
The Keltec 9mm is pretty small.
Ive been looking at them recently, has anyone ever shot a Keltec PF 9? it looks nice and the price is very appealing.
Old 04-09-2010, 10:03 AM   #59
Dimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
Dimonback's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasIslandBoy View Post
haha yea im looking at the pf9
I have the PF9 for summer carry. Nice little gun.
Old 04-09-2010, 10:21 AM   #60
D
DavidT will become famous soon enough

DavidT's Tacoma Gallery
ruger lcp w/ desantis nemesis pocket holster FTW!