Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Concealed in the Summer

Old 04-03-2010, 11:23 PM   #1
fsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

fsbrain03's Tacoma Gallery
Concealed in the Summer

What are some secrets for carrying in the summer? I like to carry an XD subcompact 40, but it is a little hard to carry with just t-shirts covering. I would like to keep teh OWB holster. Maybe best to get a smaller gun for the summer months.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:08 AM   #2
v.hey its my Avatar avatar.v
ak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
ak47's Tacoma Gallery
smaller gun bigger shirt lol. i have the same problem esp. when i wear shorts.
ive been looking at a little pocket gun or something too.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:10 AM   #3
Tillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Former Seargent
Name: Jeff
Tillers_Rule's Tacoma Gallery
Move to California, you won't have to ever worry about concealing
Old 04-04-2010, 12:26 AM   #4
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Move to AZ, and something something.
Old 04-04-2010, 06:05 AM   #5
M4arc is just really niceM4arc is just really niceM4arc is just really niceM4arc is just really nice

Navy:
M4arc's Tacoma Gallery
I don't change how I carry that much during the summer. I tend to carry my G26 a little more but for the most part I continue to use my Wilderness Frequent Flyer belt and carry my G26 in a CCC Looper holster: http://www.shop.customcarryconcepts....3&productId=10

Generally I just go up one size on my t-shirt and I can carry just fine.
Old 04-04-2010, 06:17 AM   #6
2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: FC1(SW)
Name: Beau
2kool4school's Tacoma Gallery
yeah i carry a Sig P6, in-the-pant holster works good for me
Old 04-04-2010, 06:30 AM   #7
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
As mentioned. Smaller gun, larger shirt. I carry a G26 in the summer, and just go up 1 size in shirts.
Old 04-04-2010, 06:32 AM   #8
Fireguy68 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Fire
Name: A Brown Guy
Fireguy68's Tacoma Gallery
Been thinkin about trying to trade my Taurus .40 with someone for a smaller carry. Maybe a .380 or smaller 9mm. Can't carry mine too easy with shorts and a t-shirt.
Old 04-04-2010, 06:51 AM   #10
Don't go ninja'in nobody don't need ninja'in
Buzzoff has much to be proud ofBuzzoff has much to be proud ofBuzzoff has much to be proud ofBuzzoff has much to be proud ofBuzzoff has much to be proud ofBuzzoff has much to be proud ofBuzzoff has much to be proud ofBuzzoff has much to be proud ofBuzzoff has much to be proud of

Buzzoff's Tacoma Gallery
For those of you that have Glocks, I've used the Clipdraw for many years (including when I was doing UC work) Works great!

http://www.clipdraw.com/store/index....on=show_detail
Old 04-04-2010, 11:42 AM   #11
Fireguy68 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Fire
Name: A Brown Guy
Fireguy68's Tacoma Gallery
That Clipdraw is exactly what I need. Looks like they have a universal fit for my Taurus. Thanks for the info.
Old 04-04-2010, 05:57 PM   #12
fsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thinking of buying a 380 for the summer, but prolly not. just keep doing what i'm oing, and imprint a little.
Old 04-04-2010, 06:09 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton View Post
I love my dad's Ruger LCP, great summer carry gun.
I'ver heard that from a few people. I really want a .38 special of some sort. Looking at Ruger LCR.
Old 04-04-2010, 06:13 PM   #15
THE RED DRAGON!!
TexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
TexasIslandBoy's Tacoma Gallery
keltech p 11 super thin and around 230 bucks
Old 04-04-2010, 06:15 PM   #16
Rainman998 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainman998 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainman998 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainman998 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainman998 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainman998 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainman998 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainman998 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainman998 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainman998 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainman998 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0331/1391
Rainman998's Tacoma Gallery
I have a little Keltec 380 for when I am in boardshorts and flip flops
Old 04-04-2010, 06:16 PM   #17
THE RED DRAGON!!
TexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
TexasIslandBoy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainman998 View Post
I have a little Keltec 380 for when I am in boardshorts and flip flops
haha yea im looking at the pf9
Old 04-04-2010, 06:21 PM   #18

Awesome ideas, I'll take a look at them. Going to the gun store this week. I get my quarterly bonus!
Old 04-05-2010, 09:03 AM   #19
^^^^ 3%er ^^^^
Packman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Packman73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsbrain03 View Post
What are some secrets for carrying in the summer? I like to carry an XD subcompact 40, but it is a little hard to carry with just t-shirts covering. I would like to keep teh OWB holster. Maybe best to get a smaller gun for the summer months.
IWB holsters for concealment! There is no OWB holster that I know of that can come close.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:07 AM   #20
Join the NRA! Protect your freedom!
NraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
NraFan's Tacoma Gallery
In the summer I switch from my G19 to my S&W 442. I use a desantis OWB holster and a button up short sleeve shirt. I can use a t-shirt, but I am a big guy and the button up fits a little looser and breaks the printing better. IWB is the best, but they are not comfortable on me.