Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

California proposes mandatory gun registration

Old 04-07-2010, 02:12 PM   #21
Join the NRA! Protect your freedom!
NraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
NraFan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdude59 View Post
Well if your afraid to register your gun maybe you don't need one.
It's not about being afraid. It's about the government slowly taking away every right we have. It's about law abiding citizens being harrased and labeled as criminals. We are not the problem. If every legal gun owned was registered it would have zero effect on crime. Criminals dont buy their guns at a shop and they sure as hell dont register them. All this is trying to do is keep tabs on Joe Citizen so when they have enough support they can show up at your door and take your guns away.
Old 04-07-2010, 02:17 PM   #22
CRAZY 4WHEELER
desertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: From the Mojave desert now in Wild and Wonderful West Virginia
desertdude59's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NraFan View Post
It's not about being afraid. It's about the government slowly taking away every right we have. It's about law abiding citizens being harrased and labeled as criminals. We are not the problem. If every legal gun owned was registered it would have zero effect on crime. Criminals dont buy their guns at a shop and they sure as hell dont register them. All this is trying to do is keep tabs on Joe Citizen so when they have enough support they can show up at your door and take your guns away.
I realize this. I used to live in Arizona and you could carry a shot gun in plain site. I'm not saying that cali doesn't take things too far. Its keeps the honest guy honest. I wouldnt want to buy a gun that ol reggie shot someone with and I put my prints on it. Thats all Im saying. I've thought the government has been taking away our rights for years. It probably won't stop either.
Old 04-07-2010, 02:26 PM   #23
NraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NraFan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdude59 View Post
I realize this. I used to live in Arizona and you could carry a shot gun in plain site. I'm not saying that cali doesn't take things too far. Its keeps the honest guy honest. I wouldnt want to buy a gun that ol reggie shot someone with and I put my prints on it. Thats all Im saying. I've thought the government has been taking away our rights for years. It probably won't stop either.
I see what you're saying.

In this state, every firearm purchase you make has to be through a dealer anyway. There is a paper trail as it is. Unless you have some old ass shit, the government already knows what you have. But to make it a law to formaly register it or go to jail is just one more way to restrict us. I buy all my guns legit, and pay all the fees, taxes, etc. This is just more govenment control, the last thing we need in this state. It's frustrating as hell living here. When shit hits the fan the anti - gun people will be crying for our help. I can't wait for that day.
Old 04-07-2010, 02:32 PM   #24
CRAZY 4WHEELER
desertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: From the Mojave desert now in Wild and Wonderful West Virginia
desertdude59's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I see what you're saying.

In this state, every firearm purchase you make has to be through a dealer anyway. There is a paper trail as it is. Unless you have some old ass shit, the government already knows what you have. But to make it a law to formaly register it or go to jail is just one more way to restrict us. I buy all my guns legit, and pay all the fees, taxes, etc. This is just more govenment control, the last thing we need in this state. It's frustrating as hell living here. When shit hits the fan the anti - gun people will be crying for our help. I can't wait for that day.

Yeah the jail thing is a little extreme. I hear you though. State/Government are working on taking away our rights.
Guess its time to move out of Cali.
Old 04-07-2010, 03:10 PM   #25
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
I wish I could leave.
Old 04-07-2010, 03:43 PM   #26
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
philobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant future

Name: - philo
philobeddoe's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to philobeddoe
i think mandatory registration of shotguns and long guns is a great idea

i've lived in CA, Los Angeles specifically, for almost 15 years, and i can't leave the house without some sonofabitch jacking me up with a shotgun or long gun

now, with the passage of this new law, G-d willing, the next time someone rolls up on me with their long barreled Turkey scattergun ... i'll just flat out demand to see their registration paperwork

and if they don't have it, i'll report 'em ...

no warning, no second chance ... i'll just speed dial Mike Feur on my cell phone and tell him

i'll say some heavyset white guy in a dayglo orange safe-t-vest just rolled up on me in an F250, leapt out, and pointed a woodland camo Reminton 870 at me and demanded all the grouse in my bird bag

and boy that sonofabitch will get the message fast, right?

this law will save us all
Old 04-07-2010, 03:45 PM   #27
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by philobeddoe View Post

i've lived in CA, Los Angeles specifically, for almost 15 years, and i can't leave the house without some sonofabitch jacking me up with a shotgun or long gun

now, with the passage of this new law, G-d willing, the next time someone rolls up on me with their long barreled Turkey scattergun ... i'll just flat out demand to see their registration paperwork

no warning, no second chance ... i'll just speed dial Mike Feur on my cell phone and tell him

i'll say some heavyset white guy in a dayglo orange safe-t-vest just rolled up on me in an F250, leapt out, and pointed a woodland camo Reminton 870 at me and demanded all the grouse in my bird bag

Are you for real?

"Mr. Robber, show me your registration!"

Yeah, that'll go over real well.
Old 04-07-2010, 03:53 PM   #28
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
philobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyToyTaco View Post
Are you for real?

yeah, i'm 100% for real

if the robber doesn't show me his registration, he's going to be really screwed

i'm not going to give him anything, AND i'm going to report him

so it's like a double whammy for him

they'll eventually get the picture, and even robbers will wise-up and register their shotguns and long guns

i'm really just sick of all the rampant shotgun and long gun crime that goes on around here
Old 04-07-2010, 03:55 PM   #29
BakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Herbie Hancock
BakoTruck's Tacoma Gallery
This crap makes me want to move to another state, more and more. Maybe Alaska, too damn cold though.
Old 04-07-2010, 03:56 PM   #30
╒╪╕

Quote:
yeah, i'm 100% for real

they'll eventually get the picture, and even robbers will wise-up and register their shotguns and long guns

i'm really just sick of all the rampant shotgun and long gun crime that goes on around here

If you act like that to a robber w/ a gun, without some kind of weapon yourself to backup your actions, you probably won't be around for long.

What part of L.A. are you in? Maybe you should move. I don't live in the best part of CA, and it's still not NEARLY as bad as you make it sound.
Old 04-07-2010, 03:58 PM   #31
Dimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
Dimonback's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ha! I hope you know I was joking.....

Yep. Takes a certain kind of stupidity to believe in gun bans and Pelosi. You won't find it in Taco owners.
Old 04-07-2010, 04:03 PM   #32
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
If you act like that to a robber w/ a gun, without some kind of weapon yourself to backup your actions, you probably won't be around for long.

What part of L.A. are you in? Maybe you should move. I don't live in the best part of CA, and it's still not NEARLY as bad as you make it sound.
i'm about two to three miles due east of you

why don't you meet me at the Whole Foods on the corner of Ventura and Canoga ... i need to pick up some endive, we can get latte's and brainstorm a plan to scare off unregistered long gun outlaws
Old 04-07-2010, 04:05 PM   #33

NraFan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Quote:
yeah, i'm 100% for real

Pretty funny my friend. It's basicaly what they think it will be like.

Quote:
Are you for real?

Quote:

C'mon. Seriously. I can smell the sarcasm from here...
Old 04-07-2010, 04:07 PM   #34
╒╪╕

Is he being sarcastic? I was never good at sarcasm detection
Old 04-07-2010, 08:42 PM   #35
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

sorry man, i'm new here

just playing around, thought it was obvious

maybe the visuals help ...

Old 04-07-2010, 08:57 PM   #36
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
sorry man, i'm new here

just playing around, thought it was obvious

maybe the visuals help ...

Hahahahahahaha that is some funny shit.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:18 AM   #37
╒╪╕

Gotcha....My bad!

I think it's because I browse TW while @ work while doing other stuff. I read the text but don't always really READ into the text

Anyways, welcome to the forum dude
Old 04-08-2010, 11:03 AM   #38
Bart is a splendid one to beholdBart is a splendid one to beholdBart is a splendid one to beholdBart is a splendid one to beholdBart is a splendid one to beholdBart is a splendid one to beholdBart is a splendid one to behold

Navy: ABH
Bart's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThePho? View Post
Kind of makes me think of this picture.
All gun owner's need this sign.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:54 AM   #39
KX250man is on a distinguished road
Name: Scott
KX250man's Tacoma Gallery
I live in Cali and inquired about the Taurus Judge at my local gun store. Was told its illegal becuase its considered a sawed off shotgun. WTF! By the way, all you gun owners who arent NRA members - shame on you. We need your help so sign up soon
Old 04-12-2010, 12:12 PM   #40

NraFan's Tacoma Gallery
Under AB1810, the make, model and serial number of the firearm as well as the identifying information of the purchaser would be recorded and kept on file by the California Attorney General’s office.

If AB1810 were enacted, violent criminals would continue doing what they do now – obtain firearms through illegal means. This bill would not decrease crime but will rather have disastrous effects on the already financially unstable Golden State. AB1810 would impose additional burdens on California’s taxpayers to maintain the registration system as well as on the state’s licensed firearms dealers, small businesses who already deal with extensive business requirements.

One simply needs to look at Canada, a nation with draconian firearms registration, to see the results – billions in cumulative administrative costs, annual cost overruns, no clear substantiation of public safety benefits, unjust prosecution, and a bureaucratic complexity that daunts those willing to comply. Ironically, California is considering a new registration scheme as Canada is considering doing away with its system.

-- NRA/ILA Newsletter