Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

California proposes mandatory gun registration

Old 04-13-2010, 12:56 AM   #41
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
philobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant future

Name: - philo
philobeddoe's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to philobeddoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by NraFan View Post
Under AB1810, the make, model and serial number of the firearm as well as the identifying information of the purchaser would be recorded and kept on file by the California Attorney General’s office.

If AB1810 were enacted, violent criminals would continue doing what they do now – obtain firearms through illegal means. This bill would not decrease crime but will rather have disastrous effects on the already financially unstable Golden State. AB1810 would impose additional burdens on California’s taxpayers to maintain the registration system as well as on the state’s licensed firearms dealers, small businesses who already deal with extensive business requirements.

One simply needs to look at Canada, a nation with draconian firearms registration, to see the results – billions in cumulative administrative costs, annual cost overruns, no clear substantiation of public safety benefits, unjust prosecution, and a bureaucratic complexity that daunts those willing to comply. Ironically, California is considering a new registration scheme as Canada is considering doing away with its system.

-- NRA/ILA Newsletter

i just filed for my Canadian Gun Permit

i was always under the impression that guns were illegal there

went into a gunshop, they had about 20,000 Tula Arsenal Refurbished SKS on the premises, for a $199 apiece, cash and carry

i bought my first two Russians here in LA about fifteen years ago, $99 apiece, cash and carry

gunshop said i'd have to take a ten hour class to apply for the permit, so i told them i'm an NRA certified handgun instructor and life member, and they saw the ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ink on my forearm, and they waived the course, and let me take the test on the spot ... all good

i saw a lot of nice firearms up there in Canada, and according to the trainer who tested me, they're more well armed than we are, per capita

maybe this is off topic, but i learned that most of what i thought i knew about Canada and firearms was wrong

that said, what i know of California and firearms is mostly true

the laws are vague and ambiguous, and as such are likely Unconstitutional and unenforceable

this whole Assault Rifle Registration fiasco is ridiculous, and the whole bullet button and evil features checklist is downright silly

i hope the electorate has the good sense to make some changes here

i'm tired of having to carry my Mosin to Whole Foods just to safely get some fresh organic arugula and a vanilla hemp latte
Old 04-13-2010, 04:18 PM   #42
Triple Option
Slotback will become famous soon enoughSlotback will become famous soon enough
Slotback's Tacoma Gallery
Commiefornia continues to unimpress me.