LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

So you want to buy an AR-15 - FAQs

Old 03-24-2012, 06:47 PM   #81
USFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Medical
Name: Jeff
USFCON's Tacoma Gallery
I'm looking for a AR-15 SP1. Hard to find? Any additional info is appreciated. What do I need to look for to verify it's a SP1? Going to Orlando gun show in a few weeks. Have about 3-5K to spend.

Thanks
Old 03-25-2012, 05:45 AM   #82
Dimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
Dimonback's Tacoma Gallery
Well, now that I'm almost ready to buy one, of course the supply has dried up. I have found one in San Antonio, a Palmetto with a red dot, magnifier, and fluted stainless barrel. I expect that by the time I have the cash in hand it will be gone.
Any thoughts on PSA guns? I'm not looking for perfect- just functional and acceptably accurate.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:56 AM   #83
Something about something
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimonback View Post
Well, now that I'm almost ready to buy one, of course the supply has dried up. I have found one in San Antonio, a Palmetto with a red dot, magnifier, and fluted stainless barrel. I expect that by the time I have the cash in hand it will be gone.
Any thoughts on PSA guns? I'm not looking for perfect- just functional and acceptably accurate.
PSA uses all mil spec parts and are good to
Go. But they also don't sell a gun with a fluted stainles barrel.
Why not just go online and order from PSA directly? You can build a complete AR for right around 600.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:58 AM   #84
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by USFCON View Post
I'm looking for a AR-15 SP1. Hard to find? Any additional info is appreciated. What do I need to look for to verify it's a SP1? Going to Orlando gun show in a few weeks. Have about 3-5K to spend.

Thanks
Are you wanting am actual SP1 or just a clone?
Old 03-25-2012, 02:41 PM   #85
Dimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
PSA uses all mil spec parts and are good to
Go. But they also don't sell a gun with a fluted stainles barrel.
Why not just go online and order from PSA directly? You can build a complete AR for right around 600.
Do I need to use an FFL transfer service, and how tough is it to mate the upper and lower?
Old 03-25-2012, 07:46 PM   #86

You only need an FFL transfer for the lower receiver. There are two push pins that hold the upper an lower together. Takes less than 10 seconds to mate them.

Go online and order whatever upper you like most. Then talk to a local ffl dealer about either ordering a lower or just getting one from their shop.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:53 PM   #87
USFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Medical
Name: Jeff
USFCON's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Are you wanting am actual SP1 or just a clone?

An actual one would be nice, good addition for the growing collection. But a clone would work for now?
Old 03-26-2012, 05:53 AM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by USFCON View Post
An actual one would be nice, good addition for the growing collection. But a clone would work for now?

check out this thread. It might be able to help you out

http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.ht...f=123&t=505398
Old 04-22-2012, 06:30 AM   #89
I found a good deal on an Olympic KSS15- floated stainless bull barrel, and it seems to be decent quality. Picked up the Sightmark Ultra for it, and have a Grip pod coming. Now I want a magnifier, and have been researching the ones that won't break me- something around $100.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:37 AM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimonback View Post
I found a good deal on an Olympic KSS15- floated stainless bull barrel, and it seems to be decent quality. Picked up the Sightmark Ultra for it, and have a Grip pod coming. Now I want a magnifier, and have been researching the ones that won't break me- something around $100.
Don't expect much from the sightmark. I've had two different ones and they were pretty weak.
For budget optics check out primary arms. I think they have magnifiers too.
Old 04-23-2012, 04:48 AM   #91
Rivet Joint has a brilliant futureRivet Joint has a brilliant futureRivet Joint has a brilliant futureRivet Joint has a brilliant futureRivet Joint has a brilliant futureRivet Joint has a brilliant futureRivet Joint has a brilliant futureRivet Joint has a brilliant futureRivet Joint has a brilliant futureRivet Joint has a brilliant futureRivet Joint has a brilliant future

Air Force: Contracting
Rivet Joint's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Don't expect much from the sightmark. I've had two different ones and they were pretty weak.
For budget optics check out primary arms. I think they have magnifiers too.
Yea +1 for Prumary Arms. I just bought a Micro Dot from them for my AR. It was only $80 and was at my place in less than 2 days. The dot is clear and sharp. The mount is solid too. They also sell 3x and 6x magnifiers with fixed or pivoting mounts. Too bad I cant use it for 2 more months...still overseas.
Old 04-29-2012, 01:38 PM   #92
MontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to behold

Name: Colter
MontanaTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I'm having a hard time deciding between a fixed A2 stock and a collapsible magpul stock. I'm going to have a 20'' barrel used for range/hunting purposes. Any suggestions?
Old 04-29-2012, 06:41 PM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaTaco View Post
I'm having a hard time deciding between a fixed A2 stock and a collapsible magpul stock. I'm going to have a 20'' barrel used for range/hunting purposes. Any suggestions?
After building a 20" rifle with the A2 stock I am wishing I would have done the collapsable stock.
Google images of "MK12 mod 1" for some pics.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:29 PM   #94
MontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to behold

Name: Colter
MontanaTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
After building a 20" rifle with the A2 stock I am wishing I would have done the collapsable stock.
Google images of "MK12 mod 1" for some pics.
Those look like they have the magpul acs on them? I just don't want the rifle to look really goofy and be off centered. My old man has a 20" with the stock bushmaster colapsable stock and it looks weird and is off centered by a lot.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:21 AM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaTaco View Post
Those look like they have the magpul acs on them? I just don't want the rifle to look really goofy and be off centered. My old man has a 20" with the stock bushmaster colapsable stock and it looks weird and is off centered by a lot.
if you want the rifle length stock magpul makes a rifle stock that isnt bad looking and is pretty affordable. (like 60 bucks)

http://store.magpul.com/product/MAG404/181

http://store.magpul.com/product/MAG307/181
Old 06-09-2012, 02:41 PM   #96
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Thoughts on an AR-15 platform based 9mm or 40 cal carbine? Or go with dedicated 40 cal such as CX4 Storm?
Old 06-09-2012, 07:37 PM   #97

RobS runs a 9mm carbine iirc. I wouldn't min having one as a plinker. I think I would probably just get one of those hipoint carbines for a 9mm though haha
Old 06-11-2012, 05:30 PM   #98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivet Joint View Post
Yea +1 for Prumary Arms. I just bought a Micro Dot from them for my AR. It was only $80 and was at my place in less than 2 days. The dot is clear and sharp. The mount is solid too. They also sell 3x and 6x magnifiers with fixed or pivoting mounts. Too bad I cant use it for 2 more months...still overseas.
Okay... decided the bull barrel Olympic is a bit more for longer distances, so I put on a Bushnell 3-9x50 scope. I like the scope, but it sits a little too low with Leupold high rings. Can I just buy a riser to set it on, or should I find different rings?
Attached Thumbnails
So you want to buy an AR-15 - FAQs-ar-w-scope.jpg  
Old 06-12-2012, 07:37 AM   #99
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakToyTRD View Post
Thoughts on an AR-15 platform based 9mm or 40 cal carbine? Or go with dedicated 40 cal such as CX4 Storm?
..not a big fan of pistol cartridges adapted to a rifle platform, ...but if you've got money already invested in PX4 Storm pistol mags, i could see the case for going w/ the CX4 Storm carbine, since i think they use the same mags?...
Old 06-12-2012, 02:43 PM   #100
Nightmare4150 is on a distinguished road
EMS: EMT
Name: Nick
Nightmare4150's Tacoma Gallery
I just read through the entire thread on AR15's. im trying to build from scratch than buy one off the shelf. Only question I have is what lowers and uppers are good and which are dirt? I dont want to shell out serious cash im not trying to hunt or match shoot. just want a solid rifle to shoot.