Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

So you want to buy an AR-15 - FAQs

Old 09-11-2013, 03:52 PM   #161
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by quantum View Post
best parts sellers in the industry: aimsurplus.com primaryarms.com dsgarms.com
Awesome, once I figure out what i'm doing, I'll check in with those guys to check on pricing.
Old 09-11-2013, 04:01 PM   #162
Huge Member
Eddie Van is on a distinguished road

Navy: E2 Driver
Eddie Van's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
best parts sellers in the industry: aimsurplus.com primaryarms.com dsgarms.com
Erm, not quite. They're good, but Bravo Company, Noveske, LWRC and Knight's Armament (to name just a few) hold court over those guys...
Old 09-11-2013, 06:49 PM   #163
Banned
quantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shed
quantum's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Van View Post
Erm, not quite. They're good, but Bravo Company, Noveske, LWRC and Knight's Armament (to name just a few) hold court over those guys...
yes, very good, all 3 of those i listed sell those brands
Old 09-12-2013, 08:08 PM   #164
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Can someone point me to a site with good information regarding building an AR? I would like to start the process of building an AR but I need to do some serious research before I can even know where or how to begin. If anyone has any forum recommendations, articles, etc, anything that you found helpful when learning about these firearms. I'm already learning all the 'ins and outs' regardling local law so that part I've got covered.
...go to the "build it yourself" section of the "Ar-15" subforum at ar15.com, ...some good stickied threads there for guidance, including this one:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_4/226...ructions_.html

..also, i think brownells has step-by-step vids for assembling the ar-15...
Old 09-13-2013, 05:12 AM   #165
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileyC View Post
...go to the "build it yourself" section of the "Ar-15" subforum at ar15.com, ...some good stickied threads there for guidance, including this one:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_4/226...ructions_.html

..also, i think brownells has step-by-step vids for assembling the ar-15...
I've been reading a lot over on the AR forum, I'll check out Brownells' site also. Thanks for the help and the link
Old 02-11-2014, 05:03 PM   #166
US Patriot
Dondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Michael
Dondy52's Tacoma Gallery
I am a fan of Rock River Arms and Daniel Defense. You will pay more for them but it is worth the money.
Old 03-17-2014, 06:22 PM   #167
كافر‎
kenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Kenneth
kenneth.morris07's Tacoma Gallery
The guy who wrote it up missed on a couple tiny details, but overall he's pretty spot on.
Old 05-24-2014, 07:09 AM   #168
Dangerdave is on a distinguished road
Name: David
Dangerdave's Tacoma Gallery
So I will have to say that PSA (Palmetto State Armory) consistently has blemished lowers for cheap as I have seen in a long time if you are looking to start a build.

I was skeptical when I heard blemished but after seeing quite a few myself I now know that they are blemished in the sense that the finish may not be up to PSA standards, etc. So if you are building and don't really give a rats ass about if there is a small scratch, etc then they are the cheapest (with good quality) way to start
Old 07-02-2014, 05:55 PM   #169
"Senior", Senior Member
keninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ken
keninsb's Tacoma Gallery
I envy you guys that live in firearms "friendly" states. I live in Nazi occupied CA and do own an AR, but with "bullet button" and 10 round magazine limit. So if 11 guys are attacking me I better be a great shot and have one of my pistols handy.
Ken
Old 07-02-2014, 07:09 PM   #170
Banned
quantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shed
quantum's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by keninsb View Post
I envy you guys that live in firearms "friendly" states. I live in Nazi occupied CA and do own an AR, but with "bullet button" and 10 round magazine limit. So if 11 guys are attacking me I better be a great shot and have one of my pistols handy.
Ken
move to a state that respects/protects your inherent rights.....rather than limiting or removing them
Old 07-03-2014, 03:23 PM   #171
"Senior", Senior Member
keninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ken
keninsb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
move to a state that respects/protects your inherent rights.....rather than limiting or removing them
I would love to but can't talk the wife in to it. CA SUCKS.
Ken
Old 10-23-2014, 04:04 PM   #172
Matt
loki32687 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloki32687 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloki32687 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloki32687 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloki32687 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloki32687 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloki32687 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloki32687 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloki32687 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloki32687 is one of the sharper tools in the shedloki32687 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
loki32687's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to loki32687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerdave View Post
So I will have to say that PSA (Palmetto State Armory) consistently has blemished lowers for cheap as I have seen in a long time if you are looking to start a build.

I was skeptical when I heard blemished but after seeing quite a few myself I now know that they are blemished in the sense that the finish may not be up to PSA standards, etc. So if you are building and don't really give a rats ass about if there is a small scratch, etc then they are the cheapest (with good quality) way to start
It's a shame they won't ship lowers to my state.