Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Need Gun Advice

Old 04-23-2010, 08:22 AM   #61
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death_Stalker View Post
yesterday i went to the gun store and looked at this one ... its a Ruger SR9c 9mm ... i can get it for $450 new. What do you guys think about this gun ? i am planning to go to the shooting range next week and try some others ... About the glock the guy told me the same thing that if i have kids its not safe ...

If you are depending on the pistol to keep kids from firing it, this is not the best way to think.

Keep firearms secured, if there is any chance children or any other persons you do not want to be playing with or using it can get to it they will. Storing it up high in the closet will not work, kids will find them.

This is part of the responsibility involved with ownership.
A "safety" will not keep a firearm safe.
Kids will flick it off and pull the trigger, they are able to do so.

Safety classes for kids are required but are not a gaurantee of protection.
A small safe that you can open quickly if needed will work great.
Do some searching and I bet you can find a nice fingerprint or number sequence code unit to keep it in when you do not have control of it.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:28 AM   #62
cankel is on a distinguished road
cankel's Tacoma Gallery
sry man, but im to lazy to read the whole thread all i can say is go with a glock, those things are reliable or a beretta.. and just buy a trigger lock even if the kid find it he wont be able to do anything with it ....jut my 2cent here
Old 04-23-2010, 08:29 AM   #63
AKA: Jake the Wolf
kristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant future

kristopherl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OH-MAN View Post
If you are depending on the pistol to keep kids from firing it, this is not the best way to think.

Keep firearms secured, if there is any chance children or any other persons you do not want to be playing with or using it can get to it they will. Storing it up high in the closet will not work, kids will find them.

Do some searching and I bet you can find a nice fingerprint or number sequence code unit to keep it in when you do not have control of it.

Couldn't agree more, I have 3 small kids. I have a 35 long gun fireproof safe in the basement for all my firearms and small digital lock safe mounted in the closet next to my bed with the XD9 in it. None of my firearms are ever left out of the safe at any time. it takes less than the count of 5 to get to my closet safe, key in the code and pull out the xd.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:31 AM   #64
^^^^ 3%er ^^^^
Packman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Packman73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OH-MAN View Post

Old 04-23-2010, 10:17 AM   #65
RogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant future

Air Force: Aircraft Armament Tech
Name: Rod
RogueLeader's Tacoma Gallery
Most of the guys here probably wouldn't take a second look at Taurus, but their guns have improved a lot. Taurus puts an special allen head lock on their latest firearms. They supply two keys with them. The allen head locks prevent the firearm from being used. In the revolvers, the cylinder can be opened, but when locked, neither the hammer nor the trigger work. It takes a quarter turn to unlock the safety.

Old 04-23-2010, 10:26 AM   #66
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
yea that little allen head screw thing is a waste of time. My Remington 700 rifle HAD one on it, I swapped the bolt out for an older model without it. Its just one more thing to get in the way when your in a pinch.

My rifle is for deer hunting, I just know If I ever used that damn little locking thing that the one time I would see a trophy buck, I'd go to squeez the trigger and nothing would happen...shot missed.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:27 AM   #67
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Rem 870 or Glock depending on what type of gun you want to go for. Don't get a high point, they are CRAP. Glocks and Rem 870s are dependable.