Notices

would you give up your guns?

View Poll Results: what would you do if the government came to take your guns
hand them over without a fight 74 6.72%
over my dead body! im going down firing! 1,028 93.28%
Voters: 1102. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 07:41 AM   #21
Dimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
Dimonback's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 680680 View Post
As i am canadian maybe i have no right to speak here. but as an outsider it is easy to see why americans are getting such a bad reputaion around the world.

I think you have far bigger problam then just guns.
You have had the rite to carry guns for many many years are your streets safer now or your homes no ofcourse not now the streets and crime is all over and everyone wants to pack a gun . kill kill kill everthing that moves that good old redneck thinking.

It is really sad to see the one time best country in the world has fallen so far so fast.

Maybe it is time to throw out all the guns in the us and join the world instead of allways trying to be the world police and old western tough guys packing a gun.

in canada we may not have guns but we have jobs and people living in there homes. are street are clean in most part and we can still walk on our safe streets.

But all i see here is i need a gun for protection i need to carry a gun in my truck i need a gun to go camping or brother what a sad time you all live in.

the hate in your fellow country men will kill your country.

GOD BLESS America but also please bless the rest of us to
It's difficult not to respond to this. So all I'll only note that the problem is not with what you say, only in how you say it.

Old 04-18-2010, 08:14 AM   #22
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
I would comply with anything my government wishes for me to do!!
Pay taxes, fill out the census correctly, hand over my firearms.

The only problem is that terrible boating accident at Lake Powell.
All were lost in a very deep part of the lake.
Hopefully when they drain it I will get them back.

Old 04-18-2010, 08:28 AM   #23
kinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GM1(sw/exw), USS Tortuga 01-04, NSWDG 04-09.
Name: Josh
kinetik873's Tacoma Gallery
I would'nt give up my guns. I expect that the'yll be restricted by legislation soon enough. To be honest, I see much bigger issues than gun control going on in the country today.

Old 04-18-2010, 08:31 AM   #24
SunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
SunDevilTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Hell no. It's all goes back to the old saying "guns don't kill poeple, people kill people." janster is right, if you outlaw guns then only outlaws will have guns. The black market will explode. Look at what happened with Prohibition and alcohol and crime. Try it with guns and it will be much much worse.

My solution? Arm everyone. Level the playing field. Have plenty of safety and shooting skills classes. Criminals don't like armed victims. Take away the victims and you move to taking away the crimes. Simple supply and demand.

One of my favorite quotes from an old TV show - Sledge Hammer!

Soviet Scientist: In Russia, we practice by shooting dissidents.
Sledge Hammer: Here we call them liberals.

Old 04-18-2010, 08:33 AM   #25
maju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaju is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Retired
maju's Tacoma Gallery
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Old 04-18-2010, 09:10 AM   #27
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
philobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant future

Name: - philo
philobeddoe's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to philobeddoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by 680680 View Post
As i am Canadian maybe i have no right to speak here. but as an outsider it is easy to see why Americans are getting such a bad reputation around the world.
all you hear about your country is complaints this gun issue is so red neck and gun play and concealed carry is making this whole country a shit hole third world .
I was at a party last nite with some very high ranking people in my community (lots of cash) why i was there i do not know.
anyways someone started talking about travel to the US this summer with their small children. people are too afraid to even go to Disneyland.
I was amazed at all the people who got involved in this conversation and believe me most of the things that were said about the US was like they where talking about some war torn 3rd level country not the great USA that i grew up to love and respect.

The country is broke there are race wars all over the streets. people packing and selling drugs and guns everywhere. The cities are getting dirty and i could not find one person at that party last nite that said they would vacation in the USA in the next 5 years.

I think you have far bigger problem than just guns.
You have had the right to carry guns for many many years, are your streets safer now or your homes no of course not now the streets and crime is all over and everyone wants to pack a gun . kill kill kill everything that moves thats good old redneck thinking.

It is really sad to see the one time best country in the world has fallen so far so fast.

Maybe it is time to throw out all the guns in the us and join the world instead of always trying to be the world police and old western tough guys packing a gun.

In Canada we may not have guns but we have jobs and people living in there homes. The streets are clean in most part and we can still walk on our safe streets.

But all i see here is i need a gun for protection i need to carry a gun in my truck i need a gun to go camping or brother what a sad time you all live in.

the hate in your fellow country men will kill your country.

GOD BLESS America but also please bless the rest of us to

afraid to go to Disney Land ... ?!

pal, i respectfully suggest laying off the booze, and maybe hanging out with different people

that is some sensationalized horsesh!t you're dumping all over the post there

you don't have a very good sense, or rather any sense at all, of the US, and i'd venture to guess you're not well versed in Canada as well

the last gun store i was in, in BC by the way, had at least 20,000 Tula Arsenal refurbished SKS ... cash and carry

interestingly enough, there weren't madmen roaming the adjacent streets engaged in mayhem and robbery

BUT ...

not too far from the gun store, in scenic HASTINGS, where drugs are legal and accessible to all, roaming hordes of drugged out zombies filled the streets, smoking crack and meth, shooting heroin, screwing in the streets

you got 25 million people in your whole country, what's that ... 8% of the US population, about the size of California ... ?

you're welcome to come visit in the next five years, you'll be perfectly safe, no one wants your loonies and toonies

Old 04-18-2010, 09:56 AM   #29
Banned
kilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to behold
kilgoja's Tacoma Gallery
since when does our government follow the constitution???...they've been changing it for years...eventually it won't even exist anymore and they will have a totally new one....seems our government is full of the worst criminals of them all...political ones

i bet our forefathers would shoot them the first time they heard them speak...and then say...amend that biotch!!!

Old 04-18-2010, 10:15 AM   #30
3.4L will become famous soon enough3.4L will become famous soon enough
3.4L's Tacoma Gallery
The only problem with the 2nd amendment is that it involves these idiot human beings. Take away the human and you have no problem. So yes, guns aren't the problem. Drugs aren't either... Neither is unemployment, unfair prosecution or unintended acceleration.

Its humans.. Most tragedy and misfortune can all be directly linked to dumb ass humans.. The one species that has the "highest" level of development..

Old 04-18-2010, 10:24 AM   #31
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Beefed Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I don't like anything I'm *told* to do, by anyone, guns? YEAH RIGHT!

Old 04-18-2010, 12:24 PM   #32
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
i was going say to sure but i just cant
so the only way is from my cold dead hands

Old 04-18-2010, 01:11 PM   #34
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tarantino View Post
i was going say to sure but i just cant
so the only way is from my cold dead hands
I was just thinking......Maybe I could superglue one to my hand when I die......Make them have to Work to get it.

Old 04-18-2010, 01:13 PM   #35
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
I was just thinking......Maybe I could superglue one to my hand when I die......Make them have to Work to get it.
i may not give it up then may have to take the hand

Old 04-18-2010, 01:14 PM   #36

Quote:
and you and superglue ...... oh boy

Old 04-18-2010, 01:19 PM   #37
TRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kris
TRDguyKC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I would absolutly give up my guns! They are Horrible, loud, oilly things. All they do is hurt people, and propperty. The only reason I have so many is to keep them off the streets. Being as they kill people, I keep their actions heavilly monitored at all times. Some, i keep very close by, being as they are the most dangerous, and must be watched 24/7. I keep some of them loaded, but thats just because I dont have any place to put the ammo, and I dont want to just throw it away...I mean....What if another gun happend to be walking by, saw the ammo, and took it? I dont want that on my shoulders........
Wow, youre so right....... Thats why i keep my Kimber so close...... that thing can go off at any minute. VERY dangerous

Old 04-18-2010, 01:48 PM   #38
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDguyKC View Post
Wow, youre so right....... Thats why i keep my Kimber so close...... that thing can go off at any minute. VERY dangerous
Good to hear. Keep an eye on it. I hear all the time, Guns are killing people. Be carfull.

Old 04-18-2010, 02:48 PM   #39
Old Duckman is a splendid one to beholdOld Duckman is a splendid one to beholdOld Duckman is a splendid one to beholdOld Duckman is a splendid one to beholdOld Duckman is a splendid one to beholdOld Duckman is a splendid one to beholdOld Duckman is a splendid one to beholdOld Duckman is a splendid one to behold
Navy: Gunners Mate-G, USS Detroit (AOE-4)
Old Duckman's Tacoma Gallery
I appreciate hearing the thoughts of the Canadian poster, the largest flaw in his logic is the comment that we have had the right to carry for years and are our streets safer? Of course from what he has read (or should that be, what he has been fed?) he believes that they aren't. What he must remember is that our laws vary by state and locality, those areas where guns are allowed for all citizens are far more safe than those where only law enforcement can carry...Of course criminals can carry anywhere...cause they are LAW BREAKERS !

The following 40 reasons for gun control (tongue in cheek) show just how twisted the logic of the gun grabbers is. I hope our Canadian friend will read these and maybe come away with a different perspective on guns and gun ownership in the USA.

40 Reasons For Gun Control

1. Banning guns works, which is why New York, DC, & Chicago cops need guns.

2. Washington DC's low murder rate of 69 per 100,000 is due to strict gun control,
and Indianapolis' high murder rate of 9 per 100,000 is due to the lack of gun control.

3. Statistics showing high murder rates justify gun control but statistics showing
increasing murder rates after gun control are "just statistics."

4. The Brady Bill and the Assault Weapons Ban, both of which went into effect in
1994 are responsible for the decrease in violent crime rates, which have been declining
since 1991.

5. We must get rid of guns because a deranged lunatic may go on a shooting spree
at any time and anyone who would own a gun out of fear of such a lunatic is paranoid.

6. The more helpless you are the safer you are from criminals.

7. An intruder will be incapacitated by tear gas or oven spray, but if shot with
a .357 Magnum will get angry and kill you.

8. A woman raped and strangled is morally superior to a woman with a smoking gun
and a dead rapist at her feet.

9. When confronted by violent criminals, you should "put up no defense- give
them what they want, or run" (Handgun Control Inc. Chairman Pete Shields, Guns
Don't Die - People Do, 1981, p.125).

10. The New England Journal of Medicine is filled with expert advice about guns;
just like Guns & Ammo has some excellent treatises on heart surgery.

11. One should consult an automotive engineer for safer seatbelts, a civil engineer
for a better bridge, a surgeon for internal medicine, a computer programmer for
hard drive problems, and Sarah Brady for firearms expertise.

12. The 2nd Amendment, ratified in 1787, refers to the National Guard, which was
created 130 years later, in 1917.

13. The National Guard, federally funded, with bases on federal land, using federally-owned
weapons vehicles buildings and uniforms, punishing trespassers under federal law,
is a "state" militia.

14. These phrases: "right of the people peaceably to assemble," "right
of the people to be secure in their homes," "enumerations herein of certain
rights shall not be construed to disparage others retained by the people,"
and "The powers not delegated herein are reserved to the states respectively,
and to the people" all refer to individuals, but "the right of the people
to keep and bear arm" refers to the state.

15. "The Constitution is strong and will never change." But we should
ban and seize all guns thereby violating the 2nd, 4th, and 5thAmendments to that
Constitution.

16. Rifles and handguns aren't necessary to national defense! Of course, the army
has hundreds of thousands of them.

17. Private citizens shouldn't have handguns, because they aren't "military
weapons", but private citizens shouldn't have "assault rifles", because
they are military weapons.

18. In spite of waiting periods, background checks, finger printing, government
forms, etc., guns today are too readily available, which is responsible for recent
school shootings. In the 1940's, 1950's and1960's, anyone could buy guns at hardware
stores, army surplus stores, gas stations, variety stores, Sears mail order, no
waiting, no background check, no fingerprints, no government forms and there were
no school shootings.

19. The NRA's attempt to run a "don't touch" campaign about kids handling
guns is propaganda, but the anti-gun lobby's attempt to run a "don't touch"
campaign is responsible social activity.

20. Guns are so complex that special training is necessary to use them properly,
and so simple to use that they make murder easy.

21. A handgun, with up to 4 controls, is far too complex for the typical adult to
learn to use, as opposed to an automobile that only has 20.

22. Women are just as intelligent and capable as men but a woman with a gun is "an
accident waiting to happen" and gun makers' advertisements aimed at women are
"preying on their fears."

23. Ordinary people in the presence of guns turn into slaughtering butchers but
revert to normal when the weapon is removed.

24. Guns cause violence, which is why there are so many mass killings at gun shows.

25. A majority of the population supports gun control, just like a majority of the
population supported owning slaves.

26. Any self-loading small arm can legitimately be considered to be a "weapon
of mass destruction" or an "assault weapon."

27. Most people can't be trusted, so we should have laws against guns, which most
people will abide by because they can be trusted.

28. The right of Internet pornographers to exist cannot be questioned because it
is constitutionally protected by the Bill of Rights, but the use of handguns for
self defense is not really protected by the Bill of Rights.

29. Free speech entitles one to own newspapers, transmitters, computers, and typewriters,
but self-defense only justifies bare hands.

30. The ACLU is good because it uncompromisingly defends certain parts of the Constitution,
and the NRA is bad, because it defends other parts of the Constitution.

31. Charlton Heston, a movie actor and past president of the NRA is a cheap lunatic who
should be ignored, but Michael Douglas, a movie actor as a representative of Handgun
Control, Inc. is an ambassador for peace who is entitled to an audience at the UN
arms control summit.

32. Police operate with backup within groups, which is why they need larger capacity
pistol magazines than do "civilians" who must face criminals alone and
therefore need less ammunition.

33. We should ban "Saturday Night Specials" and other inexpensive guns
because it's not fair that poor people have access to guns too.

34. Police officers have some special Jedi-like mastery over hand guns that private
citizens can never hope to obtain.

35. Private citizens don't need a gun for self-protection because the police are
there to protect them even though the Supreme Court says the police are not responsible
for their protection.

36. Citizens don't need to carry a gun for personal protection but police chiefs,
who are desk-bound administrators who work in a building filled with cops, need
a gun.

37. "Assault weapons" have no purpose other than to kill large numbers
of people. The police need assault weapons. You do not.

38. When Microsoft pressures its distributors to give Microsoft preferential promotion,
that's bad; but when the Federal government pressures cities to buy guns only from
Smith & Wesson, that's good.

39. Trigger locks do not interfere with the ability to use a gun for defensive purposes,
which is why you see police officers with one on their duty weapon.

40. Handgun Control, Inc. says they want to "keep guns out of the wrong hands."
Guess what? You have the wrong hands.

Significant portions of this article are excerpted from Michael Z. Williamson's
excellent and witty piece, "It's amazing what one has to believe to believe
in gun control" Our thanks go to Michael for his insightful contribution to
the gun control debate.

Old 04-18-2010, 03:55 PM   #40
What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?
moto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
moto932's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
I'm not worried...cuz something like that will never happen. In fact, that'd be the worst thing they could possibly do. The black market would explode and they've had more problems on their hands than the entire drug wars they're trying to fight.

I'm not that attached to my guns. But - they'd better compensate me for taking my hard earned money that I used to buy my stuff. Ain't nothing for free unless I want to give it for free.
X2

Closed Thread