1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

would you give up your guns?

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by gupster88, Apr 18, 2010.

?

what would you do if the government came to take your guns

1. hand them over without a fight

74 vote(s)
    6.7%
  2. over my dead body! im going down firing!

1,028 vote(s)
    93.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sep 1, 2011 at 7:26 PM
    TacoMTB

TacoMTB Well-Known Member

Member:
    Dripping Springs, TX
    Vehicle:
    TRD Offroad
    SnugTop XV, Bedrug, 5100's, Toytec AAL, Weathertech, BFG KO 2's on ProComp 7069's.
    Someone kicks down my door at 4am is considered unwanted, uninvited and subject to immediate perforation courtesy of S&W.

2. Sep 1, 2011 at 7:50 PM
    cantac09

cantac09 Official TW Igloo Builder

Member:
    First Name:
    Hugh Jass
    Saskatchewan
    Vehicle:
    tundra
    stock
  3. Sep 1, 2011 at 7:53 PM
    crazyengineer

crazyengineer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    patrick
    Bristol, TN
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma SR5 TRD Offroad
    K&N Cold Air Intake, Warn Winch and Bumper Guard, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Undercover Bed Cover, TRD Kenwood Head Unit, Infiniti Speakers, JL 13.5 inch pancake sub
    free body piercing

4. Sep 2, 2011 at 7:18 AM
    Hulley

Hulley Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hoschton, Ga.
    Vehicle:
    2007 4runner 4WD
    Honestly, this was not direct at you personally. However I do believe that the majority of people are ignorant to our countrys history and what everyday men/woman had to do for the said freedoms we enjoy everyday. I do respect your opinion and its clear that it is made with sound judgement.

5. Sep 2, 2011 at 7:19 AM
    Hulley

Hulley Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hoschton, Ga.
    Vehicle:
    2007 4runner 4WD
    LOL, I have a t-shirt that says "Free body piercing" courtesy of S&W.
    I dont wear though, kinda red-necky. Wel maybe once in a while....:cool:

6. Sep 2, 2011 at 7:55 AM
    Rmodel65

Rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

Member:
    Jawja
    Vehicle:
    1996 Yota 4x4
    Viper Red paint

well you do live in Hoschton....

7. Sep 2, 2011 at 11:26 AM
    StZu

StZu Where the White Women At?

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Dallas Texas
    Vehicle:
    18 Super White TRD Offroad
    Level 8 Wheels, Bilstien/Eibach lift, 2" aal, blacked out rear bumper, AC drain hose relocation, sound deadening 4 doors and back wall, amp/speaker upgrade, 10" daytona sub, LED interior lights.
    I would rock that in Dallas.

8. Sep 2, 2011 at 11:27 AM
    redes

redes Well-Known Member

Member:
    Central Texas
    Vehicle:
    4x4 TRD Offroad
    double car seat mod
    I agree. I think most people have a poor understanding of history and the social sciences more generally. I don't remember the publication, but a recent study found that social sciences, not math or natural science, was one of the weakest subjects among American high school students. Unfortunately, people who lack an understanding of history, government, and economics are not well positioned to make informed decisions that reflect either their own interests or their ideological convictions (not always the same thing).

I think my point was not that you are wrong about pervasive ignorance, but rather I prefer to engage people I suspect of poor judgement in a dialogue. I don't expect people to adopt my views, but I hope that by challenging their convictions, and asking them to specify where they disagree with mine, that all of our views are made stronger and more robust by running them through the gauntlet of debate.

If someone told me they think I have a weakness in my argument at points A, B, and C, I am obligated to formulate an answer. But If someone says I am and ignorant sheep, then I have no impetus to come up with a better argument for my position.

For the record, I had no hard feelings and I hope you do not either. I am not offended by what you said, I was just frustrated because I can't debate the point that some people think I may be ignorant (sometimes they are right). I think the only counter argument to that is:

"am not" :p

9. Sep 2, 2011 at 2:00 PM
    Hulley

Hulley Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hoschton, Ga.
    Vehicle:
    2007 4runner 4WD
    All is well. :)

10. Sep 2, 2011 at 2:01 PM
    Hulley

Hulley Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hoschton, Ga.
    Vehicle:
    2007 4runner 4WD
    You know where Hoschton is? My little town only has 1 red light. If you blink you miss it! :D

11. Sep 2, 2011 at 7:17 PM
    Rmodel65

Rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

Member:
    Jawja
    Vehicle:
    1996 Yota 4x4
    Viper Red paint
    no actually i dont why is why i made the comment lol i live about an hour south of savannah in brunswick :p

12. Sep 2, 2011 at 7:36 PM
    crazyengineer

crazyengineer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    patrick
    Bristol, TN
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma SR5 TRD Offroad
    K&N Cold Air Intake, Warn Winch and Bumper Guard, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Undercover Bed Cover, TRD Kenwood Head Unit, Infiniti Speakers, JL 13.5 inch pancake sub
    wow, 23 pages already

13. Sep 4, 2011 at 10:28 AM
    ChewbacaTW

ChewbacaTW My progeny will be awesome!

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Flagstaff, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    02 Xtra Cab TRD off road
    K&N air intake, custom exhaust, Powerslot Brakes, urethane steering rack bushings
    Taking away someones firearm with without reason, such as misuse, is equivalent to (at best) treating them like a child, or (at worst) treating them like an animal. It's no way to treat a citizen.

14. Sep 4, 2011 at 2:18 PM
    billwot

billwot Well-Known Member

Member:
    Eastern NC
    Vehicle:
    '11 Access 4 cyl auto SR5
    Interesting perspective. The older I get, the more I believe owning defensive firearms is essential. As I explained to some good friends who asked why I had a carry permit..."I'm too small to fight, and too old to run"

15. Sep 4, 2011 at 2:46 PM
    taconewby

taconewby Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Dallas Tx.
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma
    factory fogs,black projector headlights, Kenwood head unit, kicker/Infinty speakers

Once they get them you'll never get them back.... "politicians prefer unarmed,uneducated and uninformed peasants"

16. Sep 4, 2011 at 2:51 PM
    Patrick

Patrick Well-Known Member

Member:
    [​IMG]
    So Im a pretty big democrat. When it comes to my guns, its simple as Americans it is our right to own guns. So im keeping mine lol.

17. Sep 4, 2011 at 3:38 PM
    maineah

maineah Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    4X4 SR5 V6 6spd
    I got tired of reading the same thing over and over so maybe I’m repeating some thing. Guns don’t kill people; people do, usually except for accidents. But when the amendment was written we did not have any thing other then single shot weapons times change the amendment did not now we have extremely dangerous fire arms, a better weapon and in the hands of some one out to kill there are going to be a lot of dead people. No one “needs” an automatic weapon to protect his/her house a shotgun is far more effective nor do they need it to go hunting. If officer friendly comes to your house and knocks on the door for reasons unknown most likely has nothing to do with your guns (unless you are a known felon) and you stand there with your AK47 officer friendly is going to think this is going down hill fast and will tell you to drop your weapon about the time you start to say ”out of cold dead hands “ one of two things is going to happen either you will be shot by officer friendly or his partner and this will be considered use of deadly force. Cops are not trained to shot you in the hand. If you are lucky they will taze you and haul your ass to jail instead of the morgue and charge you with all kinds of unpleasant things. It’s not real nice out there and a cop never knows, their training did not include mind reading. Responsible use of fire arms is fine keeping one in the house is fine but be damn certain what you are aiming at and don’t be so damn cocky about “your rights” it could get you dead.

18. Sep 4, 2011 at 8:24 PM
    Rmodel65

Rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

Member:
    Jawja
    Vehicle:
    1996 Yota 4x4
    Viper Red paint
    it doesnt matter what they need govt is not allowed to infringe on the right period end of story...the constitution's 2nd amendment doesnt give anyone anything it only restrains govt....

19. Sep 4, 2011 at 10:33 PM
    Sleeper362

Sleeper362 One Convenient Locations ......In Africa

Member:
    First Name:
    Corporal
    K-Vegas NC
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 4X4 DC Shortbed
    What about when the police become an arm of a totalitarian government? In this case death caused from a bullet from a police officer's gun while I clutch my AK will be a hero's death and in my eyes no different from getting shot in Afghanistan. Well different in that I died defending my own rights instead of someone else who could care less for our brand of freedom. Where would Lybia be if all those guys had single shot shotguns, probably still sucking Gaddafi's boot heel. These are law abiding citizens that are in this picture. Scotch tape= $2.00, Black Suit Jacket= $40.00, Used AK47 $200, Freedom= Priceless
    [​IMG]

You think you can defend your home with single shot shotguns? How about when the person who robs your house is armed with an AK47 because they didn't get the same memo that you got that deemed automatic weapons are unnecessary? Here is an example of this in Australia where gun control on assault weapons is alive and well. I guess this crook didn't hear that those weapons were illegal now did he.
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/amelia-wade/news/article.cfm?a_id=693&objectid=10741058

Or if you live in Texas, lets see you fight Mexican Cartel drug runners with your single shot shotgun when all that stands between them and a 2 million dollar payday is you and your family, because they need your house to hide from Border Patrol Agents. Those guys would probably LOVE to see some form of sweeping gun control enacted in this country.
    http://www.sodahead.com/united-stat...ghuman-smugglers-1411-pleas/question-1424257/

Maybe some of yall on both sides of the issue should read the Sheepdog Concept and learn to respect eachother's rights and stop dictating what is good for everyone. This is VERY important literature for all people on both sides of the issue and it may provide insight on your opponents and insight to yourself.
    http://startthinkingright.wordpress.com/2009/01/12/on-sheep-wolves-and-sheepdogs-by-dave-grossman/

Sure if you live in suburban Connecticut and the burgler is most likely your neighbor's kid, maybe a single shot shotgun is good enough, but for the Rancher in Texas who lives on the border and has enough property that it takes 20 minutes to get from the road to his front door, he might need something with a little more bark than a quail gun.

20. Sep 4, 2011 at 10:46 PM
    l1tech

l1tech Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    bend,oregon
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport
    3" Redilift
    +1

Thread Status: