Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

How much ammo do you keep?

View Poll Results: How much ammo do you have?
None 38 5.92%
1-250 rounds 104 16.20%
250-1000 rounds 161 25.08%
1000-2000 rounds 108 16.82%
2000-4000 rounds 73 11.37%
4000+ rounds 158 24.61%
Voters: 642. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-21-2013, 08:39 PM   #181
LocoTaco has much to be proud ofLocoTaco has much to be proud ofLocoTaco has much to be proud ofLocoTaco has much to be proud ofLocoTaco has much to be proud ofLocoTaco has much to be proud ofLocoTaco has much to be proud ofLocoTaco has much to be proud ofLocoTaco has much to be proud of

Coast Guard: RDC Retired
Name: Don
LocoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Not near enough and I chose to keep the total count to myself, no reason to air what I got for everyone to read. I like and trust you guys but there is a limit, lol.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:30 PM   #183
BeEatNU is on a distinguished road
Name: Nick
BeEatNU's Tacoma Gallery
250 rnds of 5.56
300rnds of .45

I really should have bought alot more before all this craziness.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:50 AM   #184
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
more and more all the time.........
Old 01-22-2013, 04:20 AM   #185
dan33900 is on a distinguished road

Name: Dan
dan33900's Tacoma Gallery
Not enough!
Old 01-22-2013, 06:53 AM   #186
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
I just totaled all my ammo and just over 5000 total for all my guns.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:29 PM   #187
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
on my college student budget....as much as I can afford, which isnt much. I get nervous when my .22 ammo is below 1000 rounds, all the other calibers are too expensive so I keep what I can and hope for the best

unfortunately .22 is so dang hard to find right now...
Old 06-09-2013, 12:20 PM   #188
Ace of Spades
Alderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: OPSEC
Name: Nick
Alderleet's Tacoma Gallery
Buy it cheap, stack it deep.

IF you are going to stockpile ammo for possible circumstances where you will need to use it in a defense/offense situation, buy the shit that kills people as brutally as fucking possible. No point in using Ball ammo. Civilians arent held to LOAC.
Old 06-09-2013, 06:55 PM   #189
Get off your horse and drink your milk.
teamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant future

teamamerica's Tacoma Gallery
i just pick up a box or two when i find it. (which is impossible these days)
Old 06-09-2013, 07:09 PM   #190
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
being a re loader recently I have been keeping 10k plus on hand. these are 5x calibers.
Old 06-09-2013, 07:34 PM   #191
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alderleet View Post
Buy it cheap, stack it deep.

IF you are going to stockpile ammo for possible circumstances where you will need to use it in a defense/offense situation, buy the shit that kills people as brutally as fucking possible. No point in using Ball ammo. Civilians arent held to LOAC.
poison bullet ftw!
Old 06-10-2013, 09:07 AM   #192
Assimilated
On An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
On An Island's Tacoma Gallery
I keep a minimum of 500 rounds of each pistol caliber and shotgun I shoot:

9mm
10mm
20 gauge

and a minimum of 100 for bolt-action/repeater:

30-30
Old 06-11-2013, 06:40 AM   #193
LaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
LaRue Shooter's Tacoma Gallery
Most of my ammo is in the form of components. I have what amounts to close to 10,000 rounds of .223/5.56, but I only ever load enough to get me through a range day, which is typically a max of 75 rounds or so. I have found over the years that anything more than that and I'm just wasting ammo now. I'm too lazy to sit and make more than I need on a given day.

I also reload 9mm, but have only 40 rounds of factory HD ammo on hand.

Always have around 1000 rounds of 12g target loads on hand, plus 100 each of 00 and 1oz. slugs. Just because.

I used to always keep a SL of .22 on hand, but that shit is really hard to come by now, so it's dwindling. Maybe 3000 rounds left.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:51 AM   #195
pklintworth is on a distinguished road

Name: Paul
pklintworth's Tacoma Gallery
At least 3 to 4 thousand but can never have enough
Old 06-11-2013, 07:59 AM   #196
fjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
fjfar80's Tacoma Gallery
I shoot about 4,000+ a month (give or take)...so, my ammunition supply / stock has to keep pace with that. I order some ammunition in bulk (5,000+) and re-load the rest.

- Mark
Old 06-11-2013, 08:23 AM   #197
ChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiefManyWrenches is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
ChiefManyWrenches's Tacoma Gallery
I have consolidated my guns down to only a few calibers to keep it simple. I have 1k + for my 9mm's, probably 2K + .22LR and Magnum, and a few boxes of 20 gauge.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:18 PM   #198
Assimilated
On An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
On An Island's Tacoma Gallery
Ooops. Forgot the shotgun. Adding that to original post....
Old 06-25-2013, 01:22 PM   #199
H.O.G Hunter Of Gunman
82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3/1 infantry sniper plt reach out and touch someone
Name: BUBBA
82 yotaman's Tacoma Gallery
I have about 16,250 on hand, various caliber's 8000 of it is .22 can't have enough but I do a crap load of shooting
Old 06-25-2013, 10:14 PM   #200
Desert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
Desert Drifter's Tacoma Gallery
I have been shooting for about 40 years (a long damned time now that I think of it!), and reloading for over 25 years now. I got caught in "the great prime shortage" about 15 years ago and vowed to not let another ammo or component shortage hurt me again, so I purchased ammo by the case when it was inexpensive about 5 to 10 years ago a bit at a time and stocked up on reloading components that I use after that. I also performed a purge many years ago by eliminating some of the oddball calibers that I had and concentrated on common cartridge shooting firearms like 223 and 308, 30-06 in rifles and 38/.357 in revolvers and 9mm and 45 in pistols. I did this specifically so that I could stock up on a few kinds of ammo and have it work in most of my firearms.

if I need something specific I can handload it. I handload all my ammo for competiions as well.