Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Do you score your bucks!?

Old 04-25-2010, 12:46 PM   #1
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
Do you score your bucks!?

How many of you hunters out there score your bucks or bulls? And who here has killed the biggest grossing buck and or bull? My biggest buck so far scored 173 1/4 in Gross.
Old 04-25-2010, 12:48 PM   #2
ThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
ThatGuy18's Tacoma Gallery
My average is around 130-140. Nothing special but I'm not in it for the horns. They are a nice bonus though.
Old 04-25-2010, 12:48 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
no buck for me yet.....in all my years of hunting. i got a spike or 2...just for the freezer....but i usually just take a few does. would like a nice wall hanger pretty soon tho.
Old 04-25-2010, 12:52 PM   #4
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
no buck for me yet.....in all my years of hunting. i got a spike or 2...just for the freezer....but i usually just take a few does. would like a nice wall hanger pretty soon tho.
I get the same joy out of taking a spike as I did taking my big buck. Hopefully I will get a good draw and get a big ol pig. Otherwise High country here I come.
Old 04-25-2010, 12:54 PM   #5
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomakid96 View Post
I get the same joy out of taking a spike as I did taking my big buck. Hopefully I will get a good draw and get a big ol pig. Otherwise High country here I come.
yep.......i get the same joy outta taking does as well.....no matter how long you boil them antlers....you still cant eat them.
Old 04-25-2010, 09:02 PM   #6
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
The last buck I shot I was 17 and It scored 115. My dad's biggest i think was in the upper 140's. He did do some guided hunts last year for a friend that owns a ranch and guys where shooting some trophies. Not sure on the scores though
Old 04-25-2010, 09:03 PM   #7
Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch!
AvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
AvsFanTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I've never gotten anything big enough to bother with scoring
Old 04-25-2010, 09:06 PM   #8
Stock Taco For Now
311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
311offroad's Tacoma Gallery
My biggest was in the 130s. back in like 2000. I won a contest and got a Benelli 12ga out of it
Old 04-26-2010, 05:46 AM   #9
clowns to the left-jokers to the right
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
hoosiertaco's Tacoma Gallery
nice buck tacomakid. I've got one in the hoosier record book at 161 7/8, and I've been blessed with some other nice ones, along with some good archery harvests. But like Will said, no matter how long you boil the bone, and how much ketchup you put on them, they still don't eat. I give thanks over a good healthy doe, just as I would over a buck. My kids have been raised on deer meat and it is much healthier/leaner than most other meats.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:52 PM   #10
BORN AND RAISED MAUI BOY
numbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kahai
numbah57's Tacoma Gallery
This Is my trophy for now, Gotta love the Does and Spikes.

Old 04-26-2010, 02:57 PM   #11
BORN AND RAISED MAUI BOY
numbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienXtx View Post
X2, I don't really care about horn size, I just love drawing back on deer/hog don't care if it a doe, buck, boar, or sow. that all taste goos to me. That why i'm a member of People Eating Tasty Animals.

Hell Yes
Old 04-26-2010, 03:18 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosiertaco View Post
nice buck tacomakid. I've got one in the hoosier record book at 161 7/8, and I've been blessed with some other nice ones, along with some good archery harvests. But like Will said, no matter how long you boil the bone, and how much ketchup you put on them, they still don't eat. I give thanks over a good healthy doe, just as I would over a buck. My kids have been raised on deer meat and it is much healthier/leaner than most other meats.
x2 I completely agree I have only killed 2 bucks worth scoring everything else have been small bucks or does. And I made this thread just to see what people have harvested. And all my family eats is deer, elk, turkey and chicken. I dont care if it has big horns or not. But if it happens to have a big rack then oh welll
Old 04-26-2010, 03:21 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by numbah57 View Post
This Is my trophy for now, Gotta love the Does and Spikes.
Where did you kill it?
Where did you kill it?
Old 04-26-2010, 03:33 PM   #14
Stock Taco For Now
311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Never scored this guy... but killed this Muley October 09

Old 04-26-2010, 03:43 PM   #15

Nice buck KoruptTaco! I would guess your buck at mid 150's to low 160's. You kill that out west?
Old 04-26-2010, 03:52 PM   #16

My buck

Here is my buck, we didnt get any after hunt photos on this guy. Killed him with my dad when I was 15

Old 04-26-2010, 04:07 PM   #17
Stock Taco For Now

Firefighter:
Quote:
Nice buck KoruptTaco! I would guess your buck at mid 150's to low 160's. You kill that out west?
Yea out in Wyoming on a guided hunt. It was a pretty good time. but I'll prolly just stick to the white tails A lot less money involved in buying tags and such here in GA
Old 04-26-2010, 04:39 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoruptTaco View Post
Yea out in Wyoming on a guided hunt. It was a pretty good time. but I'll prolly just stick to the white tails A lot less money involved in buying tags and such here in GA
Ya I love hunting whiteys to! The guidings the expensive part also, You can get tags in Idaho for fairly cheap. My cousins a guide in Wyoming his names kody he says its the best job in the world
Old 04-26-2010, 05:38 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienXtx View Post
X2, I don't really care about horn size, I just love drawing back on deer/hog don't care if it a doe, buck, boar, or sow. that all taste goos to me. That why i'm a member of People Eating Tasty Animals.
couldnt have said it better myself.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:26 PM   #20
BORN AND RAISED MAUI BOY

Quote:
Where did you kill it?

Kula, Maui, Hawaii...3 minute atv ride from my uncles house.