Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

So I got an AR..

Old 04-27-2010, 12:32 PM   #1
Metallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to behold
Metallikatz3's Tacoma Gallery
So I got an AR..

Well I stopped by Target Master in Chadds Ford, PA and ordered myself a Smith & Wesson M&P-15 ORC (optics ready compliant) model. It comes without sights or a carry handle but it complies with NJ laws. Hence it only comes with a 10 rd clip, non-adjustable stock, and no muzzle break.

I never that NJ laws were so different. I was with my buddy who is a Canadian citizen and he could have bought the full on M&P-15 right then and there with only a drivers license and proof of address.

Now I have to decide what route I want to go as far as sights/optics. I was thinking about getting Yankee Hill flip up sights for the time being and then saving up for EOtech holographic sights down the road. Or another possible route is a 3-9x40 or 50mm scope.

Pics to come soon once I pick it up!!
Old 04-27-2010, 12:49 PM   #2
raskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
raskal311's Tacoma Gallery
Non adjustable stock? I thought CA sucks... I just got a new AR reciever last week but I haven't decided how i'm going to build it yet.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:13 PM   #4
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
gupster88's Tacoma Gallery
^^ ha, i love wv! we can purchase any weapon with a valid driver's license and we have to give a physical address. i bought a colt .22 tactical rimfire a few weeks ago. comes with a 30 rd clip and muzzle break!

sucks to be in nj though
Old 04-27-2010, 01:16 PM   #5
The Wombat is on a distinguished road
The Wombat's Tacoma Gallery
you think NJ is bad, trying coming over to Taxachusetts Finally got word my LTC is being approved, should arrive in 6 to 8 months (give or take a few months) But seriously folks, this place is retarded. Don't move to massachusetts if you enjoy shooting.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:29 PM   #6
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
congrats on your purchase! sucks about NJ laws though. I wonder why it cant have a muzzle brake?
Old 04-27-2010, 03:55 PM   #7
Join the NRA! Protect your freedom!
NraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
NraFan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post
congrats on your purchase! sucks about NJ laws though. I wonder why it cant have a muzzle brake?
Well Keason, that shows how little you know about AR style rifles. You see, a collapsable stock, muzzle break, and mags that hold more then 10 rounds, MAKE YOU KILL. Thats right. They turn an ordinary citizen into on outlaw killing machine. These laws are inplace for the safety of all of us. Can you imagine the carnage if they allowed that muzzle break to be installed. Jeeze, and I though you knew about guns. Good thing I am here to educate you.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:02 AM   #9
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by NraFan View Post
Well Keason, that shows how little you know about AR style rifles. You see, a collapsable stock, muzzle break, and mags that hold more then 10 rounds, MAKE YOU KILL. Thats right. They turn an ordinary citizen into on outlaw killing machine. These laws are inplace for the safety of all of us. Can you imagine the carnage if they allowed that muzzle break to be installed. Jeeze, and I though you knew about guns. Good thing I am here to educate you.

I am damn lucky to have you on here to set me straight, I am leaving work right now to take my muzzle break off, ditch my 30rd mags...damn I might as well just destroy the entire gun to save humanity. this evil black gun can not be trusted

Old 04-28-2010, 06:11 AM   #10
^^^^ 3%er ^^^^
Packman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Packman73's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats and welcome to the BRD (black rifle disease). I'd sick with back up Iron sights (BUIS) for now. YHM sights aren't bad but If I were you, I'd get a Midwest Industries flip up front sight and a GG&G flip up rear sight.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:12 AM   #11
Join the NRA! Protect your freedom!
NraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
NraFan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I am damn lucky to have you on here to set me straight, I am leaving work right now to take my muzzle break off, ditch my 30rd mags...damn I might as well just destroy the entire gun to save humanity. this evil black gun can not be trusted

Thank you sir. You are doing society a great justice. I will call the ATF back and tell them that you have decided to comply. You are no longer considered a domestic terrorist.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:51 AM   #12
thinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
thinkingman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
maybe to protect the others at the range from hearing damage.
You really need a brake on an 8lb .223?
Old 04-28-2010, 08:58 AM   #13
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Country View Post
I love Texas
AZ's Better
Old 04-28-2010, 09:28 AM   #14
Metallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to behold
Metallikatz3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel View Post
You were a mile from where I'm sitting right now...
I'll be back there next tuesday night lol
Old 04-28-2010, 09:48 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingman View Post
maybe to protect the others at the range from hearing damage.
You really need a brake on an 8lb .223?
any range ive been to you have to wear hearing protection...
Old 04-28-2010, 10:52 AM   #17
thinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
thinkingman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
any range ive been to you have to wear hearing protection...
My 30db muffs are always on under the covered range, and I still try to move away from braked rifles.
Obnoxious
Old 04-28-2010, 10:59 AM   #18
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

dont destroy it ill take and put it in my safe for you
you know those damn things you have to keep an eye
on them all the time
and good luck with the AR enjoy
Old 04-28-2010, 11:53 AM   #20

muzzle break
http://www.google.com/products?hl=en...-8&sa=N&tab=wf

flash hider
http://www.google.com/products?q=.22...der&hl=en&aq=f