Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Mass. Gun Laws?

Old 05-10-2010, 04:11 PM   #1
spp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to behold
spp's Tacoma Gallery
Mass. Gun Laws?

My wife just flew into Boston yesterday and told me about a billboard on the way from the airport to their hotel for a gun store.
Read something like " We sell GUNS no ID required" ?
Really. Someone enlighten me as to whether she was jetlagged and mis-read it.
From What I've found on line Mass. laws are tighter than here in Kalifornia.
Old 05-11-2010, 02:29 PM   #3
shanomac is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
shanomac's Tacoma Gallery
Smile

She must've read it wrong. I think I know the one she was talking about. On the side of the Pike leaving town. And Mass gun laws are ridiculous. We are only allowed to purchase guns from an approved list of manufacturers. Keeps a lot of things out of reach for us law abiding citizens. I'll get off my soap box now... Lol.
Old 05-11-2010, 02:30 PM   #4
bruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant future
Navy: ET1
Name: Scott
bruinsrme's Tacoma Gallery
that sign is on the mass pike on a 100+foot billboard?
if that is the one I am thinking of it is the liberal bleeding hearts of the state trying to ban gun sales, gun shows, and gun ownership.
Well it extends to groups outside the state as well. Been there for years.

On a positive it is trying educate people to support laws to make it tougher for selling/obtaining guns at gun shows
Old 05-11-2010, 05:13 PM   #5
spp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to behold
spp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsrme View Post
that sign is on the mass pike on a 100+foot billboard?
if that is the one I am thinking of it is the liberal bleeding hearts of the state trying to ban gun sales, gun shows, and gun ownership.
Well it extends to groups outside the state as well. Been there for years.

On a positive it is trying educate people to support laws to make it tougher for selling/obtaining guns at gun shows
Any links to pictures of it.
I figured she just read it wrong and I was going to have to remind her again that she is not a REAL BLONDE!
Old 05-11-2010, 05:17 PM   #6
bruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant future
http://www.metro.us/_internal/cimg!0...ee0zazjwjdaix5
http://creativity-online.com/work/st...-sell-guns/623
Old 05-11-2010, 05:20 PM   #8
1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Medic
1980's Tacoma Gallery
Here is an article about it; seems it's been put up by an anti-gun group.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=5685646&page=1

Edit: Not only have many states closed the gun show background check loophole, you would think that someone could sue that gun group for false advertising.

Background checks are not that big of a deal; I don't mind them a bit as they tend to weed out the riff-raff. I had a background check before I moved into my apartment and another one before getting my teaching job then another one when I got my Marine Board instructor certification and another one when I bought my latest shotgun. If someone wants to keep criminals from living next to me, teaching my kids, holding official positions, or buying guns then power to them.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:24 PM   #9
google to get the full story. Stop Handgun Violence: We Sell Guns Fenway
Old 05-11-2010, 05:33 PM   #10
spp's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys. That is what she described but I guess she did not catch the Gun Shows part of it. Must have not been looking very closely even though she was just a passenger.
I hate all this misinformation the Antis put out.
There are people here in Kalifornia that think gun shows are open market free for alls for gun sales when in reallity you have not been able to sell or buy direct to a private party for 20 years.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:37 PM   #12
we have a lot of out of state groups trying to control the state government.
When the big push to abolish state income tax came about it was frma large political group from california.
Fortunately, the voters were smart enough to vote to keep it, as much as we all hate paying it.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:38 PM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Codder View Post

If everyone carried, the first to unholster would be...................STUPID???
Mass Gun Laws are Tough.
I think she misunderstood, I believe that Billboard IS Antigun
traveling at 80mph in bumper to bumper traffic that sign is trult a blur, even for the passenger
Old 05-11-2010, 05:48 PM   #14
1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Medic
1980's Tacoma Gallery
Special interest groups really annoy me. A couple of years ago there was a "grass roots movement" here in Oregon to abolish trapping. Turns out that almost everyone involved with it was part of a group that just goes from state to state trying to get their anti-hunting/trapping agendas on the ballot.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:22 PM   #15
n315on is a splendid one to beholdn315on is a splendid one to beholdn315on is a splendid one to beholdn315on is a splendid one to beholdn315on is a splendid one to beholdn315on is a splendid one to beholdn315on is a splendid one to behold

Name: Mike
n315on's Tacoma Gallery
People need to stop making more laws when they can't enforce the ones that they already have. On another note as a mass citizen you need to have a license to purchase guns. But yeah sounds like the sign is ANTI gun as said above.
Old 05-15-2010, 05:45 PM   #16
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kingston73's Tacoma Gallery
Yep, MA is one of the 3 most strict in the country. That anti-gun sign is in the most strict section of the state as well, Boston has it's own license standards that are more strict than the rest of the state. MA is a weird, contradictory state, if you pass the initial class and can get licensed in your town, you most likely are able to carry concealed. At the same time, there are normal guns that you can buy in 47 other states you can't buy in MA. Example: no new Glocks are allowed, but you can still buy used. Go figure.
Old 05-29-2010, 09:47 AM   #17
knayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shed
knayrb's Tacoma Gallery
I'm proud to be from Utah. We got a perfect score on the Brady Campaign's state scorecard!

We still have work to do but this is good news.

Remember it's best to be hated by the whack-jobs out there then to be like them. For example, If Mahmoud Ahmadi-nut-job (Ahmadinejad) liked the USA then I would be worried.

Before clicking on the link, take a guess on which states are near the top.