1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Not good at all... I'm Locked, Loaded and Ready though...

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by 2003RC51, May 16, 2010.

1. May 16, 2010 at 10:29 AM
    2003RC51

2003RC51 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Dallas
    Vehicle:
    08 DC 4x4
    Toytec Basic 3" - Leather Interior - Spidertrax F+R
    This is an email I just received, I haven't really researched this yet but I would not put it past these assclowns to try something like this.

While you were watching the oil spill, the New York failed terrorist bombing and other critical crises, Hillary Clinton signed the small arms treaty with the UN.

OBAMA FINDS LEGAL WAY AROUND THE 2ND AMENDMENT AND USES IT.
    IF THIS PASSES, THERE COULD BE WAR

On Wednesday the Obama administration took its first major step in a plan to ban all firearms in the United States . The Obama administration intends to force gun control and a complete ban on all weapons for US citizens through the signing of international treaties with foreign nations. By signing international treaties on gun control, the Obama administration can use the US State Department to bypass the normal legislative process in Congress. Once the US Government signs these international treaties, all US citizens will be subject to those gun laws created by foreign governments. These are laws that have been developed and promoted by organizations such as the United Nations and individuals such as George Soros and Michael Bloomberg. The laws are designed and intended to lead to the complete ban and confiscation of all firearms. The Obama administration is attempting to use tactics and methods of gun control that will inflict major damage to our 2nd Amendment before US citizens even understand what has happened.

Obama can appear before the public and tell them that he does not intend to pursue any legislation (in the United States) that will lead to new gun control laws, while cloaked in secrecy, his Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton is committing the US to international treaties and foreign gun control laws. Does that mean Obama is telling the truth? What it means is that there will be no publicized gun control debates in the media or votes in Congress. We will wake up one morning and find that the United States has signed a treaty that prohibits firearm and ammunition manufacturers from selling to the public. We will wake up another morning and find that the US has signed a treaty that prohibits any transfer of firearm ownership. And then, we will wake up yet another morning and find that the US has signed a treaty that requires US citizens to deliver any firearm they own to the local government collection and destruction center or face imprisonment. This has happened in other countries, past and present!

THIS IS NOT A JOKE OR A FALSE WARNING.

As sure as government health care will be forced on us by the Obama administration through whatever means necessary, so will gun control. Read the Article U.S. reverses stance on treaty to regulate arms trade WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States reversed policy on Wednesday and said it would back launching talks on a treaty to regulate arms sales as long as the talks operated by consensus, a stance critics said gave every nation a veto. The decision, announced in a statement released by the U.S. State Department, overturns the position of former President George W. Bush's administration, which had opposed such a treaty on the grounds that national controls were better.

View The Full Article Here

http://www.reuters.com/article/politicsNews/idUSTRE59E0Q920091015

2. May 16, 2010 at 10:42 AM
    USNROBERTS

USNROBERTS Well-Known Member

Member:
    Jacksonville, FL
    Vehicle:
    06 PRERUNNER SR5 TRD SPORT
    oct 09 article and I havent heard any of my reps bring it up recently so Im not sure the extent of the articles... truthiness or impact for that matter. Definately worth looking into though.

3. May 16, 2010 at 11:27 AM
    Waking the Dead

Waking the Dead Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport DC LB Gray
    The Reuters article you reference talks about restriction of arms export and nothing about confiscating small arms in the U.S.
    That e-mail you received has no basis in fact. It's all fear mongering.
    I don't think we have anything to worry about.
    There are enough people out there with guns that will never give them up to the government.
    The government knows that and the blood shed that would result if they tried would probably make the government reconsider their idea of taking guns from citizens.

4. May 16, 2010 at 11:30 AM
    dylandercole

dylandercole Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Santa Cruz Mountains, CA
    Vehicle:
    03 SR5 TRD 4x4 5-speed
    sway-a-way 2.0 coilovers, 1.5'' AAL, 1'' toytec shackle lift, Go-Rhino 3000 Grille Guard, Kicker KS6502 speakers, JVC KD-S24 Head unit, billstein 5125 rear shocks, Deck Plate mod, K&N air filter, Wheelers offroad front and rear braided brake lines, diff breather mod, power slot rotors, ebc yellow stuff pads
    exactly. I dont think anyone in teh Obama administration would be stupid enough to try to take away our 2nd ammendment rights.

5. May 16, 2010 at 9:38 PM
    2003RC51

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Dallas
    Vehicle:
    08 DC 4x4
    I didn't have time to look over the article and didn't even realize that it was written back in October.

I did find this video though. I sure would like to read the treaty...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lV3cJCRdJ8A

6. May 16, 2010 at 9:58 PM
    eschonle

eschonle Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    eric
    Seattle, WA
    Vehicle:
    2006 V6 SR5 4x4
    TRD Cat back Exhaust, Leer Shell, BHLM, Satoshi Grill
    For me personally this isn't a big deal. I'm not in law enforcement, or military and I don't hunt or sport shoot so it doesn't affect me. However it is a bit frustrating to say that the govt. wants to outlaw ALL forms of firearms...i mean even in the UK one can still own shotguns to hunt small game and fowl. seems a bit over reactive to freak out on a bill that no one knows about though

7. May 16, 2010 at 10:02 PM
    Andrew H

Andrew H What is this "search" you speak of?

Member:
    Dirty Tucson
    Vehicle:
    2017SSMDCSBTRDS
    they would be putting firearms manufacturers out of business in USA.

8. May 17, 2010 at 5:35 PM
    Lost_Humanity

Lost_Humanity Bad decisions make great stories.

Member:
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    It's a Toyota.
    Bumper Dent Mod
    This bill has nothing to do with circumventing the 2nd Amendment. At all.

It's actually both!

You should probably read what you forward from people. There isn't a single thing in that Reuters article saying anything about circumventing the 2nd Amendment. It deals entirely with arms trading between nation-states.

Stop. Just...stop.

9. May 17, 2010 at 8:15 PM
    2003RC51

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Dallas
    Vehicle:
    08 DC 4x4
    Another article that is kinda worth a read...

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?pageId=124121

So you know exactly what is in this TREATY. I am pretty sure it is not complete yet... so.. yeah...

Hence why I put the BOLD RED ITALIC saying that I have not researched it yet... I didn't have time to read it when I got it, so part of the reason I posted it is because I new some people on here would know the real story and comment.

so... Calm Down. Just... Calm Down.

10. May 17, 2010 at 8:40 PM
    2003RC51

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Dallas
    Vehicle:
    08 DC 4x4
  11. May 18, 2010 at 3:20 PM
    Packman73

Packman73 ^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    The free state of Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Bilstein 5100's (front set @ .85"), OME 885's, chris4x4 anti-Taco-lean spacer on driver's side, Total Chaos UCAs, Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Toytec AALs, Black FJ TT Wheels, BFG 285/75R 16 AT Tires, TRD Exhaust, Viper Alarm, Fog Light Mod, De-badged, Blue LED Dome Light, EZ Clamped Tailgate, Wet Okoles, Satoshi Grill, 5% Tint, Engine Tick Fix, Black Rear Bumper, Black Center Valence, Exhaust Cut At Axle, Thanks for all the help chris4x4!
    ^ That's painful to watch. ^

12. May 18, 2010 at 5:10 PM
    Lost_Humanity

Member:
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    It's a Toyota.
    Bumper Dent Mod
    I know what was in the article. And the article deals with a treaty. A treaty is between 2 nation-states and does not in any way have influence on the individual rights of a citizen of the United States.

So, instead you just slapped up something that you thought was the Obama Administration circumventing 2nd Amendment rights (which it doesn't -- in any way shape or form) without researching it and labeled it with inflammatory statements but figured a disclaimer would absolve you of any irresponsibility.

I am calm. I'm calmer than you are, Dude.

Calmer than you are....

(If someone doesn't get this reference, I have given up all hope...)

13. May 18, 2010 at 5:13 PM
    tacomakid96

tacomakid96 Lions Not Sheep

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    Out n' about
    Vehicle:
    1996 Tacoma / 2000 4.7 Tundra TRD
    If they ever get really serious to take our second amendment rights away it would be a horrible mistake because it would lead to civil war.

14. May 19, 2010 at 9:03 AM
    Lost_Humanity

Member:
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    It's a Toyota.
    Bumper Dent Mod
    If it ever gets to the point to take away the 2nd Amendment rights, we're already well past the point of civil war.

Products Discussed in

To Top