Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Inhofe bill would ensure off base gun rights

Old 05-26-2010, 11:26 AM   #1
^^^^ 3%er ^^^^
Packman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Packman73's Tacoma Gallery

Ownership and carrying of guns by people living and working on U.S. military bases could end up part of next week's debate in a Senate committee on the $760 billion defense policy bill. Sen. James Inhofe, R Okla., a senior member of the Senate Armed Services Committee, introduced a bill Thursday that addresses one of the issues raised after the November 2009 shooting at Fort Hood, Texas, the possibility of stricter rules about gun ownership on military bases.

Read About It:
Army Times
Old 05-27-2010, 07:45 AM   #2
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
I would love for this bill to be passed! I cant carry concealed yet but I would like to keep a pistol in my truck atleast. Im a civilian contractor so this would affect me.

We are starting to have "active shooter" excercises on base to help train our security forces on responding to threats like the one that happend in Ft. Hood. But by the time it takes the LE to respond the shooter could have already done a lot of damage. If John bag'a'donuts was allowed to carry and saw something like this break out, he could take the shooter down before it escalated too far.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:58 AM   #3
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post
I would love for this bill to be passed! I cant carry concealed yet but I would like to keep a pistol in my truck atleast. Im a civilian contractor so this would affect me.

We are starting to have "active shooter" excercises on base to help train our security forces on responding to threats like the one that happend in Ft. Hood. But by the time it takes the LE to respond the shooter could have already done a lot of damage. If John bag'a'donuts was allowed to carry and saw something like this break out, he could take the shooter down before it escalated too far.
Maybe I missed it- but that article says to me that bill won't allow for additional rules about service members carrying OFF base. It leaves the restriction on carrying weapons on base??

This seems like a silly piece of legislation really...It's repetitive. It "protects" rights that already exist...::shrug::
Old 05-27-2010, 03:15 PM   #4
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

the way i read it I thought it was saying that people would be allowed to carry on bases and kinda just reitterated about not affecting their rights to carry off base.

EDIT: just re read it

"His bill would not prevent the military from prohibiting people from carrying personal weapons or ammunition on installations, but it would not allow the military to set rules for Defense Department personnel who own or carry firearms when off base."

Soooo what exactly does this have to do with anything? he isnt changing a thing
Old 05-27-2010, 08:12 PM   #5
Bad decisions make great stories.
Lost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lost_Humanity's Tacoma Gallery
That is Jim Inhofe's MO.

I have talked to the man on more than plenty of occasions, and he does this all the time.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:47 PM   #6

A little more info on this topic. I got an email from the NRA and this makes more sense now.

Sen. Inhofe Introduces Legislation To Protect Second Amendment Rights Of Military And Dept. Of Defense Civilian Personnel: Over a period of some months, NRA members in the Armed Forces have called NRA's attention to the fact that certain military base commanders, exercising arbitrary authority given them under military law and regulations, have issued orders violating military personnel's Second Amendment rights. In a particularly egregious example, Fort Riley, Kansas, has imposed a preposterous regulation that, among other things, (1) requires the registration, with Fort Riley, of its soldiers' privately-owned firearms kept off-base, and those of the soldiers' family members residing anywhere in Kansas, (2) prohibits soldiers who have firearm-carrying permits from carrying firearms for protection off-base, and (3) authorizes unit commanders to set arbitrary limits on the caliber of firearms and ammunition their troops may privately own.