LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

gamo air rifles

Old 04-22-2012, 04:44 PM   #21
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
i just bought one. even on sandbags, it wouldnt hit less than a 2" group at 25 yards. the trigger felt like it had a "twang" to it. it (trigger) reminded me of those old toys that would shoot out disc like a frisbee. it would resist like a spring, then break with a twang. i returned it promptly. even the shopowner admitted he couldnt hit crap with that thing. i dont know if it was this Gamo, or all the gamos..it was $175, so it was totally worth the effort.

oh,...loud. it was very very loud.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:49 AM   #22
Geezer
azreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shedazreb is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: ET on minesweepers
azreb's Tacoma Gallery
I bought one for about that price about 15 or so years ago. It is a tack driver with a scope. Only thing I don't like is the trigger guard--it is plastic and broke after a few weeks. Another minor problem is the scope. A genuine air rifle scope is expensive. Cheap standard scopes don't last long because of the recoil of air rifles.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:07 PM   #23
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
Remington Vantage here. 150$ at BassPro due to a gift card burning a hole in my pocket. Very fun and accurate and scope sighted in well. Shoots velocities similar to .22
Old 04-23-2012, 12:12 PM   #24
windowtinter is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
windowtinter's Tacoma Gallery
My gamo is a pos. Benjamin is the best..
Old 04-23-2012, 12:13 PM   #25
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kameron
Maverick904's Tacoma Gallery
gamo varmint hunter HP

shes a beast

break barrel

Taken squirrels, rabbits, racoons, snakes, other random things.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:14 PM   #26
knayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shed
knayrb's Tacoma Gallery
I like mine but only use ammo that stays under 1100 fps. Anything over that is faster than sound and is just about as noisy as a .22. This way I can use it on magpies in the city limits.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:52 PM   #27
meeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: g
meeestirg's Tacoma Gallery
i have the gamo big cat. 1000 fps with lead and 1200 fps with pba ammo. $139 at my local wal mart.

or you can get a bolt action 22lr rifle along with . this ammo is already quiet enough to shoot without hearing protection, using it in a bolt action rifle is quieter than most air rifles. this ammo with not cycle a semi-auto firearm. i suggest using it in a 22lr revolver or a bolt action rifle. enjoy! (:
Old 04-26-2012, 07:55 PM   #28
2011 TRD Sport 4x4
Junebug55210 will become famous soon enoughJunebug55210 will become famous soon enough

Name: Kyle
Junebug55210's Tacoma Gallery
I have this exact gun and can't get it to group well at all. At 30 yrds shooting from a good rest the best group I can get is about 3.5 to 4 inches. I've checked every bolt on the scope and scope mount and they are all tight. What kind of pellets are you using? What are your groups like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick904 View Post
gamo varmint hunter HP

shes a beast

break barrel

Taken squirrels, rabbits, racoons, snakes, other random things.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:19 PM   #29
Banned
2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Thomas
2010TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junebug55210 View Post
I have this exact gun and can't get it to group well at all. At 30 yrds shooting from a good rest the best group I can get is about 3.5 to 4 inches. I've checked every bolt on the scope and scope mount and they are all tight. What kind of pellets are you using? What are your groups like?

Your using the wrong pellets........I have found that the "flat" traditional pellets....though they are slower, are MORE accurate.

Flat, not concave or convex......the TRUE flat pellets are hard to find.......but seem to be the most consistant flyer's

I have also found My air rifle is more accurate without the scope.....open sites....
Old 05-24-2012, 08:22 PM   #30
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kameron
Maverick904's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junebug55210 View Post
are you using the scope that came with the gun? If so maybe try gettin a new scope..I was having issues originally till i switched out the rings and scope..much better now.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:32 PM   #31
Demon Taco will become famous soon enough

Name: Robert
Demon Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Remington NPSS .177 in Digital Camo- Nitrogen Piston rifle.I have this set so i am shooting through my previous holes in an aluminum hot water tank that i use as a target from a distance of about 25 yards.It includes 3-9x40AO scope w/mil-dot reticle.I ordered it from airgundepot.com.