Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

gamo air rifles

Old 05-29-2010, 07:06 PM   #1
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
gamo air rifles

who all has a gamo......what do you have? been looking at them...........and some are pretty friggin pricey, but since i live in city limits.......prolly gonna get one for squirrels and rabbits here.
Old 05-29-2010, 07:11 PM   #2
alex1988 is a splendid one to beholdalex1988 is a splendid one to beholdalex1988 is a splendid one to beholdalex1988 is a splendid one to beholdalex1988 is a splendid one to beholdalex1988 is a splendid one to beholdalex1988 is a splendid one to behold

alex1988's Tacoma Gallery
I had one that shot 1,000 fps. Pretty badass air rifle, took down squirrels all day long and very accurate. I don't believe it was over 100. Check Academy sports and outdoors
Old 05-29-2010, 07:13 PM   #3
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Dependant  (Father had 24 yrs on the Eisenhower, Ordinance Officer)
Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Gamo Nitro Express and it's a great air rifle. It's a tight gun and is very powerful and accurate... The Gamo Big Cat is just as nice and is a bit cheaper also. Good luck with them squirrels.
Old 05-29-2010, 07:36 PM   #4
Griztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to behold
Griztaco's Tacoma Gallery
I have a RWS, and a friend of mine has a beemen. When we were kids we absolutly destroyed vermin, both were very good and I'd bet the gamo's are the same way.
Old 05-29-2010, 07:48 PM   #5
86ceeten has a spectacular aura about86ceeten has a spectacular aura about

Name: Brian
86ceeten's Tacoma Gallery
Silent Cat with a 3x32 scope. Awesome air rifle. 1200 fps with the pointed pellets.
Old 05-29-2010, 07:53 PM   #6
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86ceeten View Post
Silent Cat with a 3x32 scope. Awesome air rifle. 1200 fps with the pointed pellets.
the silent cat is what im leaning towards.

the bone collector air rifle they have is nice too.....but way up there in $!!
Old 05-30-2010, 03:06 PM   #8
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
I ended up with a cheap'o one b/c the ruger 1000fps one i had was pretty loud. I've hit a few dove and knocked their feathers off but they didnt die. So Im thinking I need to upgrade and just forget about how loud it is

http://www.manventureoutpost.com/pro...ilent-Cat.html
Old 05-30-2010, 05:16 PM   #10
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Dylan
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
anyone shoot the gamo whisper?
Old 05-30-2010, 05:28 PM   #11
Gauntlet will become famous soon enough

Name: Mike
Gauntlet's Tacoma Gallery
Personally, I prefer my issued Remington model 700 TWS with a Leupold mark IV scope, firing Federal .308, 168 boat tails. It is great for anything with four or even two legs.
Old 05-30-2010, 05:42 PM   #12
Rumnhammer is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
Rumnhammer's Tacoma Gallery
Gamo

I have a Gamo Viper, modded into a super Viper. All the seals replaced, the lubes replaced, luther-Walther barrel, and a replacement spring. Oh and a two stage tuned trigger.

It is a tack driver.

I had all the work done by a guy called Rich in Michigan. He does fantastic work. and you will get a world class gun back, that shoots nothing like the stock Gamo.

Here is a link to his site.
My Homepage

The Viper with the full Q shroud pic is my rifle.

I take Squirrels regularly with little effort out the dining room window.
even if you don't mod it, the stock gamo is a great air rifle.

Chris Rummel
Old 05-30-2010, 05:59 PM   #13
^^^^ 3%er ^^^^
Packman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Packman73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gauntlet View Post
Personally, I prefer my issued Remington model 700 TWS with a Leupold mark IV scope, firing Federal .308, 168 boat tails. It is great for anything with four or even two legs.
Let's keep the apples with the apples and the oranges with the oranges.
Old 05-30-2010, 06:09 PM   #14
BORN AND RAISED MAUI BOY
numbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kahai
numbah57's Tacoma Gallery
I had two gamos, A Big cat and a Hunter extreme, they are pretty good guns, I ended up trading the two of them for a savage .22 so no more pellet guns.
Old 05-30-2010, 06:15 PM   #15
Dimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
Dimonback's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post
I ended up with a cheap'o one b/c the ruger 1000fps one i had was pretty loud. I've hit a few dove and knocked their feathers off but they didnt die. So Im thinking I need to upgrade and just forget about how loud it is

http://www.manventureoutpost.com/pro...ilent-Cat.html
I picked up a Winchester pump up just because I'm in a suburban area and wanted lower velocity (less worry about how far it'd go if I missed). It does a good enough job on my pigeon problem even at only half power.
If you're going to go at 1000fps or less, why not use a .22 rifle with CB caps...? About the same noise, and likely as accurate as your high priced air rifles. When I used them on skunks in Colorado, I could watch the bullet.
Old 05-30-2010, 08:11 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimonback View Post
I picked up a Winchester pump up just because I'm in a suburban area and wanted lower velocity (less worry about how far it'd go if I missed). It does a good enough job on my pigeon problem even at only half power.
If you're going to go at 1000fps or less, why not use a .22 rifle with CB caps...? About the same noise, and likely as accurate as your high priced air rifles. When I used them on skunks in Colorado, I could watch the bullet.
i have a couple of .22's......but want a better pellet gun than the old pos ones from walmart that i used to have as a kid. plus....they are pretty fun to shoot.
Old 06-01-2010, 07:07 AM   #17
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
i have a couple of .22's......but want a better pellet gun than the old pos ones from walmart that i used to have as a kid. plus....they are pretty fun to shoot.
x2. Even though I ended up buying a cheap'o one, Im still shopping around looking for a good break over barrel pellet gun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerfanXD View Post
My in-law's Ruger takes quail down no problem. I might just get one of those. A refurbished one is fairly cheap; ~$70.
where do you find refurbed ones?
Old 06-01-2010, 11:10 AM   #18
nitrus5 is on a distinguished road
nitrus5's Tacoma Gallery
Have you guys looked into the Refurbished Air guns? Most of them have a decent warranty. I've been wanting to get one just can't seem to decide which one. I seen Cabela's has acouple on sale that are new and some that are refurbs.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:56 AM   #20
Teniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to behold

Army: CPT, MI, USAR (Ret)
Teniente's Tacoma Gallery
Silent Cat

I have the Gamo Silent cat, great rifle...........also use the polymag pellets

http://www.predatorpellets.com/Buy_Polymag_Pellets.html