Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Show off yer guns

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-06-2013, 11:15 PM   #5163
KR FAB
sandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Amir
sandman427's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmcelroy View Post
Here's my new long range Remington 700 in .243 winchester

And my most recent semi-auto rifle purchase. Arsenal SLR-106FR in 5.56 and it works great in my discrete tennis racket bag.

What chassis system is on your .243??
Old 05-06-2013, 11:17 PM   #5166
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
Here is my winchester model '94 manufacture date of 1914. This is the best picture I have of it at the moment, a friend of mine stole my hat and wanted the picture. Oh, and it looks like he has his finger on the trigger, but he really doesn't something happened with angles etc..., his finger is resting on the side of the lever behind the trigger

One of these days I'll take it out and get good pictures. I has vintage marbles sights on it (not a peep), though I am looking into finding a period correct peep. Shoots great, I was able to hit a 1x1 foot rock at about 125 yards with it and I am worthless win open sights, balances great and the recoil is almost non existent because of the weight (which helps with the balance)

I need to put it on a bench rest and see how it will really do, I'm thinking the best performance I'm gonna get from it will be with the new hornady ammo with the ballistic tip (anyone tried this stuff yet?)

Also, I'm going to be getting a letter from the Cody museum for it this summer (I hope), I inherited this rifle and would love to learn anything that happened to it in its life...I wish this gun could talk

And also, I don't know if I've post this or not, but my ithaca model 37, it is a pre disconnect so it slam fires and it reliably feeds the mini shells (if only I could find buckshot minis). I think that this gun is gonna be my victim when I do a short barrel project. This picture sucks, but it is the only one I have

Old 05-06-2013, 11:21 PM   #5167
stmcelroy is on a distinguished road

stmcelroy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0uTkAsT View Post
What chassis do you have on the 700? That's a first for me, and it isn't often I can say that.
It's a Rock Solid. Love how it feels and has just the right necessary options.

Hopefully I'll get to shoot it this week.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:32 PM   #5169
LaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
LaRue Shooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrichsak View Post
If I'm going to shoot 30cal bolt and roll my own it's going to be .260WIN or 6.5mm Creedmoor. The .308 was an awesome round back in the day but when you get into long range competitions you'll quickly find that few competitors run it and those that do rarely place within the top ten and likely would be top 5 with one of those two rounds and the same performance.
Can't argue with that. I just prefer to use more common calibers. My favorite round to shoot in general is 6.5 Grendel, but the brass isn't very easy to come by, so I stick primarily to the ol' .223 and .300.
Also have a 22-250, but will probably stay off that for a while until I can rebarrel for a heavier twist. The varmint stuff doesn't do much for me.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:36 PM   #5171
Don't taze me bro!
Ostrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jer
Ostrichsak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaRue Shooter View Post
Can't argue with that. I just prefer to use more common calibers. My favorite round to shoot in general is 6.5 Grendel, but the brass isn't very easy to come by, so I stick primarily to the ol' .223 and .300.
Also have a 22-250, but will probably stay off that for a while until I can rebarrel for a heavier twist. The varmint stuff doesn't do much for me.
Like I said, if you're buying off-the-shelf ammo, have only one rifle and want common then do .308 but if you're loading anyway you can resize .308 brass so other than projectiles the components to make rounds I mentioned are just as common. I have rifles for all the regular 'common' calibers as well as some of the more 'exotic' calibers mentioned so I have all of my bases covered.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:36 PM   #5172
LaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman427 View Post
What chassis system is on your .243??
Looks similar to an Eberlestock, but........ not sure. The lines are a little less refined.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:54 PM   #5174
Quote:
Didn't look anyhing like an Eberlestock to me haha, but I kinda see where you got it. Eberlestocks are distinctive because of the super super thin forearm.
Yeah, you're right. That's the part that is throwing me off. I got nothin!
Old 05-07-2013, 12:49 AM   #5176
Quote:
He already posted what it was
Ah, my bad. Didn't catch that. Interesting.
Old 05-07-2013, 07:47 AM   #5177
One Convenient Locations ......In Africa
Sleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: HMM-263 MALS-29
Name: Corporal
Sleeper362's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

finally got my FN A5M (AKA Victoria) back from Cerakote this thing is FANTASTICAL
Optics is gonna be here soon.. Its on back order so it might be a couple of Weeks...
Sick rifle. If I wasn't saving up for an SDN-6 and some NODs I would be all about a bolt gun right now.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:39 AM   #5178
stmcelroy is on a distinguished road

stmcelroy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Looks bad ass man
Thanks. It was either this or a McRee folding stock and I just liked the looks of the Rock Solid better, plus their is a folding mechanism coming soon.

Wish the color was a little more Magpul FDE but that can always be changed with cerakote.

Here's their FB page since they're still working on a website. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rock-...616844?fref=ts

Next up is a 5-20ish scope and a suppressor, probably be next winter for both of those.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:36 AM   #5179
GLOCKMASTER is on a distinguished road

Marines:
GLOCKMASTER's Tacoma Gallery
The one and only revolver I have ever owned.

Old 05-07-2013, 10:37 AM   #5180
KR FAB
sandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Amir
sandman427's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper362 View Post
Sick rifle. If I wasn't saving up for an SDN-6 and some NODs I would be all about a bolt gun right now.
Thanks boss... I can't wait to get my Nightforce ; ))) stupid thing is on back order haha : (( I wish I can get my hands in a suppressor ; ((( Cali is wack as shit lol...

Products Discussed in this Thread