Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Show off yer guns

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-06-2013, 04:26 PM   #5541
Mapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Mapcinq's Tacoma Gallery

Old 07-07-2013, 08:59 AM   #5542
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone know if 500 is a good price for an H&K USP 45?

I have an opportunity to buy one with 3 mags
Old 07-07-2013, 10:26 AM   #5543
Dimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
Dimonback's Tacoma Gallery
Gunbroker.com shows 'em for $850 and up, new. Depending on the condition, it sounds respectable, if not good.
I found the USP to be too bulky for almost any use, though.
Old 07-07-2013, 11:03 AM   #5544
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I was wrong, it's 600, someone offered 500. I know they are huge, I was interested in a .45 for range use
Old 07-07-2013, 12:18 PM   #5545
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
I'd buy a HK USP compact for $600 in a heartbeat. I'd have to pass on the full size though. Too blocky and big for me.
Old 07-07-2013, 01:23 PM   #5546

It's a full size, I can't come up with the money though , if it were 500 I could have, I think it would have been a fun range gun for me
Old 07-07-2013, 06:03 PM   #5547
Stubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Field Artillery
Name: Blake
Stubbs95tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Just purchased my trijicon acog today!
Old 07-07-2013, 06:43 PM   #5548
Stubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Field Artillery
Name: Blake
Stubbs95tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...tech-xps3.html eotech for sale
Old 07-08-2013, 12:56 AM   #5549
1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
1911's Tacoma Gallery
Here is a custom build I did for my wife and she loves it.

It is a standard 5.56 along with a 22 LR chamber adapter and have since added her an Aimpoint.

It sure gets the looks at the range.

Old 07-09-2013, 05:22 PM   #5550
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
Anyone interested in trading their glock 35 gen 3 for a sig 229r btfo 40cal? It comes with 4 mags
Old 07-09-2013, 06:53 PM   #5551
DaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
DaWillDaBeast's Tacoma Gallery
For those of you that have cerekoted before, would I need to remove the barrel from my AR upper before coating? Or is it something where you could just tape over it?
Old 07-09-2013, 06:55 PM   #5552
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaWillDaBeast View Post
For those of you that have cerekoted before, would I need to remove the barrel from my AR upper before coating? Or is it something where you could just tape over it?
What effect are you trying to accomplish? Tape over everything you don't want to paint. Or, tape over nothing and paint everything. Might be a good idea to plug the barrel with an earplug at the muzzle beforehand.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:01 PM   #5553
DaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymerhead View Post
What effect are you trying to accomplish? Tape over everything you don't want to paint. Or, tape over nothing and paint everything. Might be a good idea to plug the barrel with an earplug at the muzzle beforehand.
I was wanting to just do the upper receiver but not the barrel or gas system, but I really don't feel like pulling my barrel and stuff off, so I was just wondering if you could tape it.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:02 PM   #5554
07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
07trd4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
when I Cerakote, I remove barrel for a clean even coat. Remember Cerakote protects too. I also Highly recommend it.

"Do it right the first time.. So you don't spent more $$$$$$ in the long run"

Edit: I do it for a living.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:22 PM   #5555

Quote:
I was wanting to just do the upper receiver but not the barrel or gas system, but I really don't feel like pulling my barrel and stuff off, so I was just wondering if you could tape it.
Yes, you can just tape over whatever you want to not paint.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:51 PM   #5556
07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymerhead View Post
Yes, you can just tape over whatever you want to not paint.
Cerakote is more then just masking and coating. 1)You have to soak in acetone/break clean for ~ 30 mins.
2) After that, you need to media blast the part to practically bear metal..
3) Then you have to heat it up again to gas out all the oils.
4) If you still have Oils, repeat as needed.
5) After that, you coat it.
6) After you coat it, it goes back into the oven.

Taking the Barrel off the Upper is way easier if your doing it at home.. Barrel will just get in the way. Trust Me it is a lot easier...

Or you can find a Cert. Cerakote applicator to do it. You can get the upper done for less then $100.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:01 PM   #5557

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07trd4x4 View Post
Cerakote is more then just masking and coating. 1)You have to soak in acetone/break clean for ~ 30 mins.
2) After that, you need to media blast the part to practically bear metal..
3) Then you have to heat it up again to gas out all the oils.
4) If you still have Oils, repeat as needed.
5) After that, you coat it.
6) After you coat it, it goes back into the oven.

Taking the Barrel off the Upper is way easier if your doing it at home.. Barrel will just get in the way. Trust Me it is a lot easier...

Or you can find a Cert. Cerakote applicator to do it. You can get the upper done for less then $100.
Hmm sounds like I will have to strip it down. Or it just gives me an excuse to buy a blemished stripped lower and upper and start a new build...
Old 07-09-2013, 08:04 PM   #5558

Quote:
Hmm sounds like I will have to strip it down. Or it just gives me an excuse to buy a blemished stripped lower and upper and start a new build...
Or you can do that....... Or send it too me.... Give you the TW discount.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:12 PM   #5559

Quote:
Or you could krylon it. It's be more authentic anyway. http://www.army.mil/article/39406/

You can get as fancy with it if you want, or you can pay someone to do it if you just really need to part with some money.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:22 AM   #5560
SUPER MOD
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
just picked up this Ruger SR1911 last night.. went in to buy .380 ammo.. left with this and no ammo.. awesome.
here it is with my wilson combat compact and my sig p238

Untitled by beavis0076, on Flickr

Products Discussed in this Thread