Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Show off yer guns

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-30-2013, 07:16 PM   #5741
DocHolliday will become famous soon enough
DocHolliday's Tacoma Gallery

I got mine from the CMP.... And love it! The Wife likes to shoot it too!
Old 07-30-2013, 08:11 PM   #5743
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman427 View Post
I'm not gonna lie... I'm kinda jealous... Gorgeous rifle and most importantly gorgeous wife...
X2...does she shoot it?
Old 07-30-2013, 08:14 PM   #5744
Yea she shoots it, prone though because its a little heavy for her, And yeah, when I uploaded the pic I had to call her out on that bad trigger finger, it's a old pic she's since gotten her CWP and is a damn good shot!
Old 07-30-2013, 08:58 PM   #5745
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I always forget that even if it is a 30-06, the recoil in the M1s that I have shot are relatively light when compared to my featherweight model 70... I have shot one or 2 of the M1s, and each time I have thought that they shoot so well, and balance well for me to shoot offhand...which is saying something, I can't shoot off hand to save my life...first shot with an M1 I was pinging an 8 inch steel disk at 150. I could do that with any of the guns I own without resting them against or on something
Old 07-31-2013, 06:09 AM   #5746
o5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant future
Name: Tim
o5iiawah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
I like the sniper model! Right now, there are 4 of them for sale near me, one's a sniper, one's an ex-sniper, one's a carbine (44 I believe) and the other is just a plain ole 1942 91/30. The one that caught my eye is the 91/30 also. The sniper is awesome but a bit out of my price range. The ex-sniper seems cobbed together and I'm not real keen on the carbine, rather have the full sized The 91/30 looks to be a safe queen and the guy wasnts $185 for it.
Do your homework on the sniper model before getting too into it. The original PU sniper model can run upwards of 800 with the factory scopes and there's some others floating around which were designed from the arsenal to be snipers but were missing the scope. A company later on put some aftermarket clone scopes on it that look strikingly like the original. Thats the one I have (Ishvesk 1944) and I havent had the time to actually take it to a long range and fully sight the thing in with elevation tables yet. I have found that at the end of a magazine, the dials on the scope can creep out of adjustment thanks to the beastly recoil.

Most of the time, i just peep through the iron sights and am consistently amazed at how accurate the rifle is for something which was hastily put together in a war zone

There's a wealth of information out there on the Mosin-Nagant series of rifles. A good place to start is www.7.62x54r.net which has good explanations of the variants, when they were made and possibly what to look for when you buy. I probably wouldn't pay $185 for a M/N unless it was a Tula Hex in pristine condition. If you can talk him down to $140 and the thing looks clean, it may be worth your while to do that especially if he already has the cosmoline removed and the stock looks good. I spent a week cleaning mine when i first got it.
Old 07-31-2013, 06:33 AM   #5747
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by o5iiawah View Post
Do your homework on the sniper model before getting too into it. The original PU sniper model can run upwards of 800 with the factory scopes and there's some others floating around which were designed from the arsenal to be snipers but were missing the scope. A company later on put some aftermarket clone scopes on it that look strikingly like the original. Thats the one I have (Ishvesk 1944) and I havent had the time to actually take it to a long range and fully sight the thing in with elevation tables yet. I have found that at the end of a magazine, the dials on the scope can creep out of adjustment thanks to the beastly recoil.

Most of the time, i just peep through the iron sights and am consistently amazed at how accurate the rifle is for something which was hastily put together in a war zone

There's a wealth of information out there on the Mosin-Nagant series of rifles. A good place to start is www.7.62x54r.net which has good explanations of the variants, when they were made and possibly what to look for when you buy. I probably wouldn't pay $185 for a M/N unless it was a Tula Hex in pristine condition. If you can talk him down to $140 and the thing looks clean, it may be worth your while to do that especially if he already has the cosmoline removed and the stock looks good. I spent a week cleaning mine when i first got it.
Thanks! I like the sniper version but, like you said, they can be pricey. Because of that, I'm avoiding them for now. I want just a basic Mosin just to mess with, if I really take to them, then I'll start looking for different models. The Mosin for the $185 looks really, really well cleaned and cared for, which is the only reason I'm considering spending a little more to get it. It has the bayonet also but is missing the tool pouch and sling. I'll check out that forum you mentioned before making a decision, I've actually enjoyed doing some research on this gun, it's got quite a history!
Old 07-31-2013, 01:01 PM   #5748
tank3105 is on a distinguished road
tank3105's Tacoma Gallery
Show off yer guns-image.jpg

Painful to shoot, but fun.
Old 07-31-2013, 01:04 PM   #5749
My ultimate favorite is my 5.7 / 28
Old 07-31-2013, 01:12 PM   #5750
SUPER MOD
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tank3105 View Post
Attachment 226048

Painful to shoot, but fun.

I like.
Old 07-31-2013, 01:47 PM   #5751
07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
07trd4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tank3105 View Post
Attachment 226054
My ultimate favorite is my 5.7 / 28
:jelly: I want
Old 07-31-2013, 02:49 PM   #5752
I'm just glad I stocked up 2 years ago on ss197, ss192, ss195 and my favorite ss198 practice round of the ss190.
Old 07-31-2013, 02:52 PM   #5753
Old 07-31-2013, 05:01 PM   #5755
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0uTkAsT View Post
It has begun again. Just picked up a new lower, starting the paperwork on it this week. I tried talking myself out of it, but alas, I am weak. No more 14.5" builds... I think I'm going to either go 7" or 10.5" this time, under a carbine length rail. Keeping it pretty simple, MBUS & Aimpoint PRO, MOE grip & stock, AFG2, CMC trigger, done deal.
how did you like the 14.5'' uppers? i think my next 2 uppers will be 14.5'' with P&W FH's, one in 300 BLK, one in 556.
Old 07-31-2013, 05:28 PM   #5756

Just got a Hungarian FEG PA-63, it's a Walther PPK clone (I think), chambered in 9mm mak. I think I'm gonna go shoot it tomorrow. I gave 170 for it, looking on gun broker and armslist it seems like I got a good deal on it. I suspect that the recoil is gonna be nasty though lol, aluminum frame with a steel slide.

I may reblue the steel parts with a high gloss finish and the. Anodize the aluminum to a gold or bronze color...I doubt it though, but it is a cool thought lol.

Old 07-31-2013, 06:20 PM   #5757
Gun Toting Gearhead
0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
0uTkAsT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 taco View Post
how did you like the 14.5'' uppers? i think my next 2 uppers will be 14.5'' with P&W FH's, one in 300 BLK, one in 556.
I love them, perfect length for a well-rounded carbine IMO, but you've got to be 100% sure of your muzzle device before you pin/weld because its a PITA to change it later. My favorite build ever used a 14.5" lightweight DD CHF barrel with a pinned DynaComp 1.5
Old 07-31-2013, 06:22 PM   #5758
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyengineer View Post
Just got a Hungarian FEG PA-63, it's a Walther PPK clone (I think), chambered in 9mm mak. I think I'm gonna go shoot it tomorrow. I gave 170 for it, looking on gun broker and armslist it seems like I got a good deal on it. I suspect that the recoil is gonna be nasty though lol, aluminum frame with a steel slide.

I may reblue the steel parts with a high gloss finish and the. Anodize the aluminum to a gold or bronze color...I doubt it though, but it is a cool thought lol.

Might wanna get some gas!
Old 07-31-2013, 06:23 PM   #5759
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0uTkAsT View Post
I love them, perfect length for a well-rounded carbine IMO, but you've got to be 100% sure of your muzzle device before you pin/weld because its a PITA to change it later. My favorite build ever used a 14.5" lightweight DD CHF barrel with a pinned DynaComp 1.5
Sweet, thanks for the info.
i honestly don't have a preference besides looks, i've only had experience with a A2 on dads AR and this FH on my gun.
Attached Thumbnails
Show off yer guns-img_0841.jpg  
Old 07-31-2013, 06:32 PM   #5760

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post
Might wanna get some gas!
truck is off lol

Products Discussed in this Thread