Delta00's 2002 Tacoma 4WD

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Show off yer guns

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-08-2013, 10:57 PM   #5742
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
Huh?

It is a steel and hammer gun, only plastic is in the grips which are disappearing as soon as I can get new grips
Old 08-09-2013, 06:00 AM   #5744
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

My 1911 has to wait until the end of August lol...then I will have cash for it
Old 08-09-2013, 09:48 AM   #5745
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
nicer gun than I had when I was 20... I had nuthin.
Same here, I only started buying my own guns about a year and a half to 2 years ago. Now, I'm addicted and want to expand my collection, funds being the biggest constraint

Tax free weekend in MA this weekend, I think I'm going to pick up a Mosin. A local place has them cheap and in good condition so if I can get out of work in time on Saturday, new old gun for me!
Old 08-09-2013, 10:33 AM   #5746
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Same here, I only started buying my own guns about a year and a half to 2 years ago. Now, I'm addicted and want to expand my collection, funds being the biggest constraint

Tax free weekend in MA this weekend, I think I'm going to pick up a Mosin. A local place has them cheap and in good condition so if I can get out of work in time on Saturday, new old gun for me!
Hardest thing about collecting is going from full time to part time and going back to school. My last paycheck is going to be well spent...
Old 08-09-2013, 10:50 AM   #5747
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThePho? View Post
Hardest thing about collecting is going from full time to part time and going back to school. My last paycheck is going to be well spent...
I'm done with school, but now have a mortgage... I'm trying to buy stuff that I will keep forever. The plan is, anything I buy, I have no intentions on getting rid of. So far I only have a 12 ga for hunting and a .22 for fun shooting. Ideally, I want a Mosin (I have no good reason for wanting one, just think they're neat), a lever action rifle and a larger caliber pistol. There are others that I want, but those ones will be out of my budget for a long, long time
Old 08-09-2013, 11:26 AM   #5748
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I'm done with school, but now have a mortgage... I'm trying to buy stuff that I will keep forever. The plan is, anything I buy, I have no intentions on getting rid of. So far I only have a 12 ga for hunting and a .22 for fun shooting. Ideally, I want a Mosin (I have no good reason for wanting one, just think they're neat), a lever action rifle and a larger caliber pistol. There are others that I want, but those ones will be out of my budget for a long, long time
I want a 26" barrel 12 gauge. I think I'll go semi auto for that.
Mosins are fun I love mine. Its capable of hitting a clay at 100 yards on irons. I can hit a 6" plate at 300 yards using prvi ammo. And you can hunt with it. It's a cost effective way to learn how to do distance shooting. Surplus ammo is 17-25 cents a round. I think I will do a howa 1500 next or rem 700 AAC
Old 08-09-2013, 11:29 AM   #5749

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThePho? View Post
I want a 26" barrel 12 gauge. I think I'll go semi auto for that.
Mosins are fun I love mine. Its capable of hitting a clay at 100 yards on irons. I can hit a 6" plate at 300 yards using prvi ammo. And you can hunt with it. It's a cost effective way to learn how to do distance shooting. Surplus ammo is 17-25 cents a round. I think I will do a howa 1500 next or rem 700 AAC
Where do you get ammo for your Mosin? Ever buy it off Rguns? I'm looking at the 440 rnd can for $90, seems too good to be true.

As far as shooting, I'm buying the Mosin for exactly that reason. I want to get used to distance shooting without investing in a $1,000 rifle off the bat. Eventually, I want an M1 but that's on the wish list.
Old 08-09-2013, 12:13 PM   #5750
Greg Graffin 2016

I usually find what ever is the cheapest on slick guns. 90 for 440 is the average price.
I'm in the same boat. Not ready to buy a nice rifle yet I want to learn and practice before I start shooting the expensive 30 caliber ammo.
Old 08-09-2013, 02:56 PM   #5752
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Where do you get ammo for your Mosin? Ever buy it off Rguns? I'm looking at the 440 rnd can for $90, seems too good to be true.

As far as shooting, I'm buying the Mosin for exactly that reason. I want to get used to distance shooting without investing in a $1,000 rifle off the bat. Eventually, I want an M1 but that's on the wish list.
m1's are fun as fuck
Old 08-09-2013, 03:45 PM   #5753

Quote:
Don't forget a .22 pistol (assuming yours is rifle), my .22 pistol gets shot more than anything else except lately...can't find the ammo easily and ruger mkIII with 4 mags tends to make my ammo disappear.
Old 08-09-2013, 03:48 PM   #5754
You can't see me
dand has much to be proud ofdand has much to be proud ofdand has much to be proud ofdand has much to be proud ofdand has much to be proud ofdand has much to be proud ofdand has much to be proud ofdand has much to be proud ofdand has much to be proud ofdand has much to be proud of

Name: Dan
dand's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyengineer View Post
Don't forget a .22 pistol (assuming yours is rifle), my .22 pistol gets shot more than anything else except lately...can't find the ammo easily and ruger mkIII with 4 mags tends to make my ammo disappear.
A truer statement , I have yet to hear.
Old 08-09-2013, 05:59 PM   #5755

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrichsak View Post
Do NOT under any circumstances buy anything from RGuns EVER!!!!!!

Trust me on this one.
Damn... Well that's good to know, thank you sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
m1's are fun as fuck
They seem like it! Unfortunately, they're pricey also. I'll get one eventually, I absolutely love that gun!

Quote:
Your assumption would be incorrect I have a Ruger SR22 that I got early this year and I love shooting it. My dad has the MKIII and I enjoyed shooting it so I decided to stick with Ruger and just as I made up my mind on brand, a local store advertised a new shipment of SR22's had arrived. It definitely eats through ammo in a hurry, but it hasn't been out in a while now because I've been having a hard time finding .22lr locally.
Old 08-09-2013, 06:16 PM   #5756

Easy solution for the .22 ammo shortage, buy a single action revolver, takes longer to use the ammo (aka another excuse to get something new...that's the excuse I used on my winchester 67).

And the M1s are not too bad if you get hem through the CMP...or at least it is a lot cheaper than getting them anywhere else that I have seen
Old 08-09-2013, 06:38 PM   #5757
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Add a suppressor to really go through the ammo!
Old 08-09-2013, 07:31 PM   #5758

I want to get a suppressor, hopefully next summer....in thinking a hunter town arms .223 suppressor, it's user serviceable (easily). I can also put it on my 17 hmr...I think it will be too big for a ruger mkIII though, maybe not though
Old 08-09-2013, 07:46 PM   #5759
hirod is a jewel in the roughhirod is a jewel in the roughhirod is a jewel in the rough
hirod's Tacoma Gallery

Guns? We got guns ...
Old 08-09-2013, 08:14 PM   #5760

Quote:
Originally Posted by hirod View Post

Guns? We got guns ...

What is this, colt woodsman?

I'm not up to date on my older .22 autos

Products Discussed in this Thread