Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Show off yer guns

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-28-2013, 04:35 PM   #5741
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Not yet... Seller isn't responding so I'm not sure if that means it already sold or what.

I am getting distracted by a Mosin 91/30 and a brand new Ruger American 30-06. Decisions... The Mosin is in nice shape and cheap, I'm researching it a bit more because I'm not familiar with the different types. I've been keeping an eye on local deals and 3 deals come up at the same time, figures, right?
there's always a good deal out there

mosins are usually plentiful and decently priced

i'd rather have the lever action personally
Old 07-28-2013, 04:43 PM   #5742
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
there's always a good deal out there

mosins are usually plentiful and decently priced

i'd rather have the lever action personally
I completely agree! It was confusing the way I said that, the decision is between the lever action and the Ruger at the moment since they are around the same price. If the lever action is sold or the seller doesn't respond, I'm thinking about going after the Ruger. The Ruger isn't exactly what I want, but it's being offered at a good price so worst case I buy it, shoot it a few times and can resell it for what I paid if I decide I don't like it.

The Mosins are just intriguing and I like the history behind them. I know I'm going to buy one and there are always at least 3 or 4 for sale locally. I just want to do some research so I know the difference between the different models so I get the one I want
Old 07-28-2013, 04:46 PM   #5743
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Out n About:

Home. Needs a light:

Still doing research to figure out what I want to do in the way of an AR.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:43 AM   #5744
Banned
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery

Untitled by beavis0076, on Flickr
Old 07-29-2013, 10:55 AM   #5745
GLOCKMASTER is on a distinguished road

Marines:
GLOCKMASTER's Tacoma Gallery
Arcteryx dirty bird hat, Oakleys, Benchmade and a G19. All is good while working in the middle east. Ok I could do without the Serpa holster but, the rest is good.

Old 07-29-2013, 02:03 PM   #5746
o5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant future
Name: Tim
o5iiawah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Not yet... Seller isn't responding so I'm not sure if that means it already sold or what.

I am getting distracted by a Mosin 91/30 and a brand new Ruger American 30-06. Decisions... The Mosin is in nice shape and cheap, I'm researching it a bit more because I'm not familiar with the different types. I've been keeping an eye on local deals and 3 deals come up at the same time, figures, right?
Dude, I love my Mosin-Nagant. you can shoot it all day, ammo is everywhere and it is loud, plus the cartridge is a beast. Do your homework on youtube. I suggest the Iraqveteran8888 videos on how to spot, buy, and clean up your mosin. If you can find one with a good action and barrel, you can get 1-2" groups at 100 yards or you can just ring an 18" gong all day long. Some guys hunt with it too. If you're just looking to shoot a gong all day or have a survival rifle, I cant say enough about the M/N or any other variant. Just make sure you get one in good shape.

I wouldn't worry too much about a beat up stock either. As long as it doesn't have any cracks you can refinish it pretty easily but a good action and barrel are critical.

Old 07-29-2013, 02:08 PM   #5747
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by o5iiawah View Post
Dude, I love my Mosin-Nagant. you can shoot it all day, ammo is everywhere and it is loud, plus the cartridge is a beast. Do your homework on youtube. I suggest the Iraqveteran8888 videos on how to spot, buy, and clean up your mosin. If you can find one with a good action and barrel, you can get 1-2" groups at 100 yards or you can just ring an 18" gong all day long. Some guys hunt with it too. If you're just looking to shoot a gong all day or have a survival rifle, I cant say enough about the M/N or any other variant. Just make sure you get one in good shape.

I wouldn't worry too much about a beat up stock either. As long as it doesn't have any cracks you can refinish it pretty easily but a good action and barrel are critical.

I like the sniper model! Right now, there are 4 of them for sale near me, one's a sniper, one's an ex-sniper, one's a carbine (44 I believe) and the other is just a plain ole 1942 91/30. The one that caught my eye is the 91/30 also. The sniper is awesome but a bit out of my price range. The ex-sniper seems cobbed together and I'm not real keen on the carbine, rather have the full sized The 91/30 looks to be a safe queen and the guy wasnts $185 for it.
Old 07-29-2013, 02:13 PM   #5748
I smell corn
kilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gophuk Yousef
kilted1117's Tacoma Gallery
My local Cabelas just got a big shipment of M/N in. Had about 20 on the shelf. Asking $133 a piece. Most looked to be in pretty good shape too. I'm more of an sks and ak guy when buying surplus rifles as I can build and move them easier but the mosins looked pretty good. At that price I bet they move fast.
Old 07-29-2013, 06:41 PM   #5751

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
The lever gun sold, probably why the seller wasn't responding I think I'm going to hold off on the 30-06 and wait for another lever gun to come available. The 30-06 is a good deal but not what I really want.

Still might pick up the Mosin though. Anyone ever buy stuff through Rguns?
Old 07-29-2013, 06:55 PM   #5752
Banned
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The lever gun sold, probably why the seller wasn't responding I think I'm going to hold off on the 30-06 and wait for another lever gun to come available. The 30-06 is a good deal but not what I really want.

Still might pick up the Mosin though. Anyone ever buy stuff through Rguns?
I only buy in person.. too much that the internet doesn't show.. good move on waiting for the right one though.
Old 07-29-2013, 07:01 PM   #5753

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
I only buy in person.. too much that the internet doesn't show.. good move on waiting for the right one though.
I've never looked into internet buys, good to know they can be sketchy! I'll stick to face to face transactions. I was considering R-guns for the Mosin just because they're cheap. I wouldn't buy any of the other guns online.

Thanks for the heads up
Old 07-29-2013, 07:40 PM   #5754
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
I've looked at Internet buys, there are only 3 ways that I would consider it. I know the seller through family connections or what not (got a relative at a big gun shop), buds gun shop, and buy new, or the CMP, but that is a bit different than an Internet buy.
Old 07-29-2013, 07:41 PM   #5755
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i shop online all the time, but i wont buy unless i can handle the gun in person before i shell out cash...

plus it has to be a good enough deal that if i need to fix something, i'm still in good on the price
Old 07-29-2013, 08:02 PM   #5756
DaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaWillDaBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
DaWillDaBeast's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
i shop online all the time, but i wont buy unless i can handle the gun in person before i shell out cash...

plus it has to be a good enough deal that if i need to fix something, i'm still in good on the price
I have always bought my guns online and never had an issue, just make sure you fully inspect it at the shop before taking possession of it. I am all for giving local gunshops my business, but I can't afford to pay an extra $200 to do it.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:17 PM   #5757
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

of all the guns i own or have owned...i've paid full price for only a couple...and those were back when I was new to guns and didnt know i could haggle or buy used
Old 07-29-2013, 11:29 PM   #5758
mattN is a splendid one to beholdmattN is a splendid one to beholdmattN is a splendid one to beholdmattN is a splendid one to beholdmattN is a splendid one to beholdmattN is a splendid one to beholdmattN is a splendid one to behold
Army: Medic
Name: Matt
mattN's Tacoma Gallery

[IMGhttp://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g322/mattnewman/DSC_0282_zps846eb3c4.jpg[/IMG]
Old 07-29-2013, 11:31 PM   #5759
mattN is a splendid one to beholdmattN is a splendid one to beholdmattN is a splendid one to beholdmattN is a splendid one to beholdmattN is a splendid one to beholdmattN is a splendid one to beholdmattN is a splendid one to behold
mattN's Tacoma Gallery

Old 07-29-2013, 11:34 PM   #5760
mattN's Tacoma Gallery
Purple furniture for the wife.

Products Discussed in this Thread