Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Show off yer guns

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-28-2008, 03:52 PM   #41
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
So, does anyone have a S&W MP9?

My wife doesn't like her Glock 19, and I am thinking about getting her an MP9 and keeping the 19 for myself...

opinions?
Old 06-28-2008, 03:54 PM   #42
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by flesheatingvirus View Post
I forgot about those. We leave them up year round, so I guess they are "party lights"!
DOH!! I thought the photo was shot at ChristmasLOLO Im just messin wit ya....'cause there's a whole lotta miles b'tween me and the front of them guns
Old 06-28-2008, 04:15 PM   #43
My other ride weighs 200 tons
4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4x4x4trd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Tacoma View Post
So, does anyone have a S&W MP9?

My wife doesn't like her Glock 19, and I am thinking about getting her an MP9 and keeping the 19 for myself...

opinions?
Have both the Glock and S&W. The M&P might be more adjustable for her hand size as it has the three different backstrap inserts. I prefer the M&P for grip angle and feel. Trigger pull on the stock guns are near the same. Both mine are 100% reliable. 15 rounds in the Glock and 17 in the M&P. These are personal opinions as everyone's different on what feels right for them.
Old 06-28-2008, 04:20 PM   #44
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4x4trd View Post
Have both the Glock and S&W. The M&P might be more adjustable for her hand size as it has the three different backstrap inserts. I prefer the M&P for grip angle and feel. Trigger pull on the stock guns are near the same. Both mine are 100% reliable. 15 rounds in the Glock and 17 in the M&P. These are personal opinions as everyone's different on what feels right for them.
IIRC - the Glocks are much more slant grips for easier accessibility in a seated position. I love the angle of the MP9. I have yet to fire an MP9 though...
Old 06-29-2008, 09:18 PM   #45
function > form
747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

747's Tacoma Gallery
Springfield XD40 9mm (bought 3.5"...should've gone w/5")

Old 06-29-2008, 11:33 PM   #46
PhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Civil Air Patrol (US Air Force Auxiliary)
PhoenixCadet's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to PhoenixCadet
Quote:
Originally Posted by danusa View Post

These are some of my favorites, but by no means all.
I know it was posted almost a month ago, but I gotta ask:

What the heck is a Walther TPH? I'm hella familiar with the PPK, PPK/S and the P99, but I've never heard of a TPH.
Old 06-29-2008, 11:57 PM   #47
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
I don't normally post about the guns....as I don't like to advertise too much. It's been sooo long since we've done any shooting.

We've got a Beretta 92FS Inox (9mm), Ruger Mark II (22mm), Remington 1187 (12g)... and my husband and I both have Beretta White Onix 12g.

My shotty was custom fitted for me - stock was shortened and casted (I shoot left handed cuz I'm left eye dominant).

Not that this matters...but we have 3 airsoft rifles now.
Old 06-30-2008, 04:54 AM   #48
I dub thee malicious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
I don't normally post about the guns....as I don't like to advertise too much. It's been sooo long since we've done any shooting.

We've got a Beretta 92FS Inox (9mm), Ruger Mark II (22mm), Remington 1187 (12g)... and my husband and I both have Beretta White Onix 12g.

My shotty was custom fitted for me - stock was shortened and casted (I shoot left handed cuz I'm left eye dominant).

Not that this matters...but we have 3 airsoft rifles now.
After an eye infection and a cornial transplant in my right eye, I am left eye dominant too, but I am still right handed. Makes for some interesting shooting. I still keep my stance on my right, but I look funny lining up with my left eye.

Are you right-handed and left-"eyed" as well?
Old 06-30-2008, 05:49 AM   #49
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Tacoma View Post
Are you right-handed and left-"eyed" as well?
Yup.... right handed and left eyed...
I shoot left handed and it feels totally natural. I get befuddled cuz I primarily pick the gun up, eject shells, and everything else with my right hand. Sometimes that's a bit ackward....
Old 06-30-2008, 08:07 AM   #50
I dub thee malicious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Yup.... right handed and left eyed...
I shoot left handed and it feels totally natural. I get befuddled cuz I primarily pick the gun up, eject shells, and everything else with my right hand. Sometimes that's a bit ackward....
I'll bet. Did it take you a while to get accustomed to shooting left handed (I am having some issues with that).
Old 07-01-2008, 11:00 AM   #51
My other ride weighs 200 tons
4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4x4x4trd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixCadet View Post
I know it was posted almost a month ago, but I gotta ask:

What the heck is a Walther TPH? I'm hella familiar with the PPK, PPK/S and the P99, but I've never heard of a TPH.
.22 LR version.
Old 07-01-2008, 04:07 PM   #52
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
does this count?

i got to add this to my arsenal today

and yes...i rode the lightning before it was issued

let me just tell you...that crap SUCKS...i opted for the probes rather than clips or drive-stun...i figured it cant be THAT bad...

i figured WRONG...however...the drive-stun is solely for pain compliance rather than immobilization...so that wouldve been a worse choice

i took a 2 second shot in the back...no pics or video of it occuring...however ive included one of one of the puncture wounds after i got home today

you feel it hit and then youre completely and utterly immobilized...i didnt drop straight to the ground...i was supported by 2 spotters and when i was hit my legs clinched up and supported me...but as soon as power was cut...my knees buckled and i got laid down on the mat...at that point i felt fine, though i could feel the probes in my back...removing them didnt hurt too bad as my back was pretty numb from the shock...but 5 hours after the fact...im pretty sore...i feel like i worked out harder than normal and every muscle in my back/shoulders/legs are sore

the puncture wound is VERY small and is directly below the C in my tattoo on my shoulder blade...the other one hit me in my lower back and isnt as red and harder to see
Old 07-01-2008, 04:10 PM   #53
PhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
does this count?
Ouch.
Old 07-01-2008, 04:13 PM   #54
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Ouch.

yeah but it only hurts for 1-5 seconds...i'll get tased again before you can come up with enough money to convince me to get sprayed with OC again
Old 07-01-2008, 04:16 PM   #55

Quote:
yeah but it only hurts for 1-5 seconds...i'll get tased again before you can come up with enough money to convince me to get sprayed with OC again
Where have you had OC spray? Civilian PD? Military police?
Old 07-01-2008, 04:22 PM   #56
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
Where have you had OC spray? Civilian PD? Military police?
civilian PD

our OC aint no joke either...2million SHU...i think a habanero pepper runs about 50K SHU
Old 07-01-2008, 04:33 PM   #57

Quote:
civilian PD

our OC aint no joke either...2million SHU...i think a habanero pepper runs about 50K SHU
Daaayum.

If that hurts - I wonder what FOX feels like. IIRC, that's at 5.3 million SHU.

*shivers*
Old 07-01-2008, 04:34 PM   #58
branct06 has a spectacular aura aboutbranct06 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Thomas
branct06's Tacoma Gallery
ive been sprayed with oc spray and shot with the tazer they both suck, my dad is in federal law enforcement and im in college not following in his foot steps, i decided to be mocho one day and went down to training range they used and he showed me the facts of life, the range master got a kick out of it....
Old 07-01-2008, 04:37 PM   #59
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
Daaayum.

*shivers*
um yeah i think id want to die

Old 07-01-2008, 05:09 PM   #60
Beware the Puma...
swatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really nice

swatjoe592's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Daaayum.

*shivers*
Yeah FOX is 5.3 million. We have a guy that throws that shit around quite liberally. It doesn't discriminate and it burns more than a little bit. Personally, I've never been mad enough at someone to introduce that kind of hell into their lives.
As much as that sucks, the closest I've ever felt that I was to death was at SWAT school when my team and I met a wayward can of CS gas. If you've ever met a wayward can of CS gas, you know what I'm talking about. If you haven't, I'm sorry, but I just don't have the vocabulary to give that particular brand of misery any justice. They are talking about making us qualify (breath that shit) once a year. I've already got my resignation letter typed out, I'm just waiting.

Products Discussed in this Thread