Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Show off yer guns

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-05-2013, 07:52 AM   #6541
I smell corn
kilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gophuk Yousef
kilted1117's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacosupreme54 View Post
I've been thinking about getting an SKS as a cheap alternative to an AR-15. A plain jane SKS can be had around here for +/- $300, get it all Tapco'ed out/Tapco accesories for around $100, and 20 round boxes of the cheaper stuff is like $5-6 all day. I know the SKS is not as accurate as the AR-15, but when it comes down to the cost of the rifle itself and ammo, it's a pretty inexpensive rifle to keep around. Any suggestions/advice on SKS's?
Fun, cheap, and solid. I've loved the one's I've had. Bought, built, and sold a few. Here's my last one. All Tapco stuff to make it 922r compliant. I ended up moving the red dot to the hand guard to maintain zero while cleaning.

Looking to get another one soon so I can throw an SGWorks bullpup conversion on it. Maybe a little Christmas gift to myself. Like this....
Old 12-05-2013, 08:52 AM   #6542
Where the White Women At?
StZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
StZu's Tacoma Gallery
I have heard that the SKS from Norinco is good because the barrel is chrome lined, the Yugo is not. Other than that I think that they are about the same as far as build quality goes.
Why does everyone tapco their SKS, I love the wood stocks. I know they are heavy, but hell that's what makes them great. If you run out of ammo, beat whatever you are shooting to death.
This is just my opinion, but I hate when people tapco Russian guns, but they are your guns, so go crazy.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:13 AM   #6543
Don't taze me bro!
Ostrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jer
Ostrichsak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by StZu View Post
I have heard that the SKS from Norinco is good because the barrel is chrome lined, the Yugo is not. Other than that I think that they are about the same as far as build quality goes.
Why does everyone tapco their SKS, I love the wood stocks. I know they are heavy, but hell that's what makes them great. If you run out of ammo, beat whatever you are shooting to death.
This is just my opinion, but I hate when people tapco Russian guns, but they are your guns, so go crazy.
I too was wondering when 'Tapco'ing out your SKS' became the 'in' thing to do.
Old 12-05-2013, 10:20 AM   #6544
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
same here. Not a fan of the tapco stuff. I love the old wood finish. Same with an Ak.
Old 12-05-2013, 10:41 AM   #6545
tacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacosupreme54's Tacoma Gallery
It's not all about the a aesthetics for me. It's lighter, adjustable, got a couple of rails for a foregrip, scope, etc. It just makes it a little more viable and up to date. I don't even have an sks, but if I get one, I will put that stock on it. Plus yes I do think it looks pretty cool. I do love wood on my hunting bolt rifles.
Old 12-05-2013, 10:49 AM   #6546
Fiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: Chad
Fiend13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
you could have had an AR for just over 400 during black friday. Palmetto state had awesome sales.

You could always buy an AR in pieces that way you dont spend as much at once. Buy the lower first 200-300 bucks, then the upper for 350+.
Since you already have a bolt gun in .223 it would be nice to keep the ammo interchangable and not have to stock another caliber.
Where are you finding uppers for $350+? I've only been able to find them for around $500+ and a few for $450+ occasionally. I don't know very many sites to shop around from though outside of a search engine. However, I am quite attracted to DPMS.
Old 12-05-2013, 11:31 AM   #6547
Where the White Women At?
StZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
StZu's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiend13 View Post
Where are you finding uppers for $350+? I've only been able to find them for around $500+ and a few for $450+ occasionally. I don't know very many sites to shop around from though outside of a search engine. However, I am quite attracted to DPMS.
www.palmettostatearmory.com
plenty to chose from, great quality, slow shipping
Old 12-05-2013, 11:41 AM   #6548
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiend13 View Post
Quote:
This. They are sold out on most now though due to massive black friday sales.
Old 12-05-2013, 06:33 PM   #6549
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
and piss poor customer service. i was trying to correct an order from black friday for almost a week before i got anyone on the phone. no returned emails and no returned calls. had to constantly call to finally reach someone. i think that and shipping are the 2 problems.

someone even mentioned in a FB giveaway they were doing to save the money and hire another person in shipping...lol
Old 12-05-2013, 07:23 PM   #6550
Listen More that Speak... Answer When Asked
NorthRoad is on a distinguished road

Canadian Army: Troop Commander _ Armoured Recce; Battle Tanks
NorthRoad's Tacoma Gallery
Chiappa Little Badger - 3.5lbs!

http://www.chiappafirearms.com/product/2599

Fits well under the seat of your Dbl cab.
Attached Thumbnails
Show off yer guns-badger-1.jpg  
Old 12-05-2013, 07:25 PM   #6551
96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

96Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gear Head View Post
Put a scope on my Marlin. Lever guns with scopes..

That would look pretty sweet with a scout style scope
Old 12-05-2013, 08:09 PM   #6552
Don't taze me bro!
Ostrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jer
Ostrichsak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
and piss poor customer service. i was trying to correct an order from black friday for almost a week before i got anyone on the phone. no returned emails and no returned calls. had to constantly call to finally reach someone. i think that and shipping are the 2 problems.

someone even mentioned in a FB giveaway they were doing to save the money and hire another person in shipping...lol
You get what you pay for and this is no exception. If you need customer service and immediate response then you'll pay more and order from a larger outfit that is known for customer service. PSA doesn't stock items per sey and that is how they are able to offer lower prices. They take orders and then order from their manufacturers to fulfill orders. The lead time to order items is clearly marked on their website and most people who have had problems fail to read those because some lead times can be weeks instead of days. That being said I've placed quite a few orders with PSA over the years and have nothing negative to say. I haven't needed to call or talk to anyone but I don't see them as being that sort of resource anyway. I use them to get stuff as cheap as possible when I don't need it right away. Place the order and then forget about it until it shows up. Then when it shows up I'm happy for the savings I received.
Old 12-06-2013, 06:54 AM   #6553
BlazeTaco is on a distinguished road

BlazeTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Some new stuff
Attached Thumbnails
Show off yer guns-img_20131123_131749_526.jpg   Show off yer guns-img_20131122_160249_609.jpg  
Old 12-06-2013, 06:57 AM   #6554

Some new stuff.
Attached Thumbnails
Show off yer guns-img_20131122_160249_609.jpg   Show off yer guns-img_20131123_131749_526.jpg  
Old 12-09-2013, 08:54 PM   #6556
Hellfire is on a distinguished road

Hellfire's Tacoma Gallery

Just made myself a holster and mag pouch...
Old 12-10-2013, 06:32 AM   #6557

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texoma View Post
Repost, reported! Joking, nice AR10, is it a DPMS?
It's actually a Armalite AR-10B 20" barrel, with upgrades to come. Its just what I wanted has a little kick, but not harsh and dang accurate.
Old 12-10-2013, 06:48 AM   #6558

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrichsak View Post
You get what you pay for and this is no exception. If you need customer service and immediate response then you'll pay more and order from a larger outfit that is known for customer service. PSA doesn't stock items per sey and that is how they are able to offer lower prices. They take orders and then order from their manufacturers to fulfill orders. The lead time to order items is clearly marked on their website and most people who have had problems fail to read those because some lead times can be weeks instead of days. That being said I've placed quite a few orders with PSA over the years and have nothing negative to say. I haven't needed to call or talk to anyone but I don't see them as being that sort of resource anyway. I use them to get stuff as cheap as possible when I don't need it right away. Place the order and then forget about it until it shows up. Then when it shows up I'm happy for the savings I received.

ive only had one problem when they sent me the wrong ammo but they took care of the problem.

shipping is usually around 15 days but it always comes...
Old 12-10-2013, 07:54 PM   #6559
One Convenient Locations ......In Africa
Sleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSleeper362 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: HMM-263 MALS-29
Name: Corporal
Sleeper362's Tacoma Gallery
A little secret about PSA. Go on their industry forum on AR15.com and ask about your order number, it will usually get shipped that day.
Old 12-16-2013, 07:28 PM   #6560
shotgunshooter3 is a splendid one to beholdshotgunshooter3 is a splendid one to beholdshotgunshooter3 is a splendid one to beholdshotgunshooter3 is a splendid one to beholdshotgunshooter3 is a splendid one to beholdshotgunshooter3 is a splendid one to behold

Army: DUSTOFF
shotgunshooter3's Tacoma Gallery
1943 and 2013

Show off yer guns-imageuploadedbytapatalk1387250934.511862.jpg

Products Discussed in this Thread