1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

All you Cali people

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by Kingzeus, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Jun 2, 2010 at 12:26 PM
    Kingzeus

Kingzeus [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    Prerunner sport
    seat belt chime mod, debadge, painted rims, painted grill emblem, painted radiator
    Just wondering how many out there know about ab1934 and that it passed the assembly and is heading to the senate. If you knew about it, did you do anything for or against it and why or why not.

2. Jun 2, 2010 at 12:30 PM
    OCTaco

OCTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    OC
    Vehicle:
    '16 TRD Sport DCSB
    Might help if you explained what ab1934 is/does.

3. Jun 2, 2010 at 12:39 PM
    mak90

mak90 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Central Coast, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Off Road 6 spd
    TRD Exhaust, TSB springs,Weathertech mats,Bed mat, Wet Okole seat covers, TRD Pro Suspension
    Legislation to outlaw the carrying of unloaded handguns in public was passed Tuesday by the Assembly.

The measure, Assembly Bill 1934, received the bare-minimum number of votes necessary, passing 41-25, with Republicans opposed.

The bill was crafted in response to a protest movement, "Open Carry," in which activists wield unloaded guns in public places to publicize opposition to gun-control laws as well as difficulties in obtaining concealed-weapons permits.

Supporters of AB 1934 said that current law places police in an untenable position, responding to reports of gun-wielding pedestrians but unable legally to demand that such protesters show identification or proof that their weapon is registered.

Opponents countered that AB 1934 would infringe on Californians' right to bear arms and to protest peacefully in whatever manner they choose.

State law bans the carrying of loaded firearms in public, but not unloaded weapons.

AB 1934 would make it a misdemeanor, punishable by up to six months in jail, to carry an exposed, unloaded gun in a public place or on a public street inside a city or in prohibited unincorporated areas of a county.

The bill contains numerous exceptions, including display of a firearm by a peace officer, authorized military organization, firearm dealer, or by a licensed hunter while engaged in that sport.

AB 1934 now goes to the Senate.

4. Jun 2, 2010 at 12:43 PM
    Saxman

Saxman Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Auburn, CA
    Vehicle:
    '10 Black SR5 DC LB 4X4
    Westin Ultimate Bull Bar Black Nerf Bars
    Looking at real estate in Arizona. AB1934 would make open carry illegal in CA. Seriously, I contacted my assembly person and senator, as well as obtained the address of the library in the district of the assembly person who authored it to be able to message her (she only accepts fan mail from constituents). It's wrong on so many levels I don't know where to start my rant. Our concealed carry law is so inconsistently applied its not funny. These little nudges towards gun control really only control law abiding citizens (seemingly ultimately to strip us of our constitutional rights), while never impacting the criminals. Just look at the headlines in England today. Finally, why isn't the assembly working on our budget. I work in county government and all the state's s**t will roll downhill, but we can't act until they do. These clowns that we all elected (I'm a democrat and I don't care which party you are in, they all want the power and prestige and worry about re-election, period.) ignore the impacts they have on us. Rant over....

5. Jun 2, 2010 at 3:02 PM
    aficianado

aficianado Well-Known Member

Member:
    bay area, california
    Vehicle:
    2006 access cab. 4x4, TRD-OR + 2023 TRD off-road.
    back to bone stock.
    i wrote an unread letter to my reps.

i am pretty sure it didnt do shit.

6. Jun 3, 2010 at 12:16 PM
    NraFan

NraFan Join the NRA! Protect your freedom!

Member:
    First Name:
    JT
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2011 Sienna LE, rockin the mini van!
    Power sliding doors baby! WooHoo!
    I always write to my reps, but I really don't think it does anything. Now let me ask you this... Why would you want to open carry an UNLOADED handgun anyway? The last thing I want is to announce that I have a gun, but have no way of defending myself. The only way to carry in my opinion is concealed. Now I DO NOT support this law, because any anti gun law is bad for gun owners. They are just slowly chipping away at our rights again. First this law, and the long gun registration, no lead shot in Federal wildlife preserves. They just keep passing them like crazy. Just like last year with the ammo laws they passed. Soon Cali will be a no gun state, if they get their way. We need a Governor like Brewer to step in and straighten this place out.

7. Jun 3, 2010 at 12:26 PM
    Crom

Crom Super-Deluxe Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 DCSB Camp Supreme
    Millions
    Never stop writing letters to your reps. Ever.

For those of you Californians that care you should create an account at www.calguns.net. The Calguns foundation (separate from the forums ) is performing a valuable service to all the citizens of California by issuing challenges to state law. There are a few court cases in the pipeline to help us.

http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/
    http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=71

For the record AB1934 is illegal even if it passed the Assembly.

8. Jun 3, 2010 at 12:44 PM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    The bill contains numerous exceptions, including display of a firearm by a peace officer, authorized military organization, firearm dealer, or by a licensed hunter while engaged in that sport.

I'm curious....why would there need to be an exception for hunters that are engaged in their sport? Who the fuck hunts with an unloaded gun? Who the fuck hunts at all in an incorporated area like a city? Are kids getting rolled up in this with their real looking plastic toys? Other than eliminating guesswork for cops so they can assume any gun they see is loaded, not sure what this law will accomplish.

9. Jun 3, 2010 at 12:58 PM
    NraFan

NraFan Join the NRA! Protect your freedom!

Member:
    First Name:
    JT
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2011 Sienna LE, rockin the mini van!
    Power sliding doors baby! WooHoo!
    It, like many other gun laws, won't accomplish anything. Law abiding citizens will follow the rules, criminals will not.

10. Jun 3, 2010 at 1:38 PM
    Crom

Crom Super-Deluxe Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 DCSB Camp Supreme
    Millions
    AB1934 is a solution to a problem that does not exist. It's just to stop the open carry protesters who are protesting the fact that it is exceedingly difficult to obtain CCW under state law. The state law leaves "Good Cause" subject to interpretation solely by the county sheriff.

If you live in San Diego County, please for the love of our freedoms, vote for Jay LaSuer for Sheriff on June 8th!!!

11. Jun 3, 2010 at 2:21 PM
    stmpjmpr

stmpjmpr Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    So Orange County, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma Sport MGM 4X4
    Unfortunately we live in a heavily populated state. the more people you have, the more dickheads there will be to make it tougher on the rest of us. And why in hell do the same jackasses keep getting voted back in?.. who is really to blame?.

12. Jun 4, 2010 at 6:43 AM
    Kingzeus

Kingzeus [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    Prerunner sport
    seat belt chime mod, debadge, painted rims, painted grill emblem, painted radiator
    But if you read this law closely you will realize that any public place WILL be interpreted to include your own private property as the public can enter your property, and when that happens your private property now turns into a public area.

Products Discussed in

To Top