The Assembly bill A6468C passed its house May 12th, 2010 and was forwarded to the NYS Senate. The Senate bill is currently under consideration in the Senate Codes Committee; it has been printed and appears on their calendar for Tuesday, June 8th 2010.
Because micro-stamping technology is not yet available, (actual it does not exist) passage of this bill will result in a purchase freeze on all new semi-automatic pistols as of January 1st, 2012.
We must concentrate our efforts on stopping this bill in the Senate Codes Committee. Please call every Codes Committee Member and ask them to oppose this bill.
During you conversation, make your opposition to bill S6005A clearly, but respectfully; and always take the time to leave your name, address, phone number, and request a written response.
Do not be surprised if you cannot talk to the representative personally, this is common, and your efforts with their legislative aids are no less effective.
- John J. Bonacic (518) 455-3181
- Neil D. Breslin (518) 455-2225
- John A. DeFrancisco (518) 455-3511
- Thomas K. Duane (518) 455-2451
- John J. Flanagan (518) 455-2071
- Martin J. Golden (518) 455-2730
- Shirley L. Huntley (518) 455-3531
- Jeffrey D. Klein (518) 455-3595
- Andrew J. Lanza (518) 455-3215
- Kevin S. Parker (518) 455-2580
- Bill Perkins (518) 455-2441
- Stephen M. Saland (518) 455-2411
- John L. Sampson (518) 455-2788
- Daniel L. Squadron (518) 455-2625
- Dale M. Volker (518) 455-3471
Always remember, You are SCOPE, and you are the Member Activist.
BILL NO A06468C, Same as S 6005-A… Requires semiautomatic pistols manufactured or delivered to any licensed dealer in this state to be capable of microstamping ammunition; establishes fines for violations of this requirement.
- SPONSOR Schimel (MS)
- COSPNSR Englebright, Paulin, Benedetto, Dinowitz, Lancman, Hoyt, Clark,Boyland, Jaffee, Kellner, Carrozza, Brook-Krasny, Rosenthal, O’Donnell, Alessi, Espaillat, Lavine, Kavanagh, Lifton, Aubry, Alfano
- MLTSPNSR Bing, Colton, Cook, Glick, Gottfried, Heastie, Hooper, Jacobs, Jeffries, Maisel, McEneny, Amd SS265.00, 265.10 & 265.15, add SS265.38 & 265.39, Pen L