Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Guns & Hunting

Notices

Concealed Carry

Old 06-28-2010, 11:27 AM   #1
rjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Riley
rjclemen's Tacoma Gallery
Concealed Carry

Got my concealed carry last week!! I am super proud to have one. They said it would take 90 days ended up being 60. Now I just need to figure out what to carry. I have quite a few choices because my pops basically said anything in the gun case is yours just pick. Here are a few of my choices.

Glock 19
Beretta 92fs
Kimber 45
XD40

There are others just cant remember at the moment. I am leaning towards the Kimber since it only has a 3 inch barrel and I really enjoy shooting it. i shot the 92fs for my practical exam and it shot perfect and its hard to miss with it for me so that might be my second choice.

Either way I finally have my license!
Old 06-28-2010, 11:30 AM   #2
Maintenance Man has a spectacular aura aboutMaintenance Man has a spectacular aura about
Name: Justin
Maintenance Man's Tacoma Gallery
I have a S & W, M &P 40 compact, I love it.

I would go with the Kimber, those are nice guns!
Old 06-28-2010, 11:35 AM   #3
SMO
SaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
SaltySteve's Tacoma Gallery
When I got my CCW I started with a Beretta PX4 Storm sub compact. It was way too thick for my liking so I sold that and bought a Kahr PM9. I like it pretty well but recently picked up a S&W Airweight to carry as well. I swap between those two and sometimes I carry them both.

I've got a full size Kimber that I've been contimplating carrying but it's a big boy. What model Kimber were you entertaining?
Old 06-28-2010, 11:38 AM   #4
Packguy2 is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
Packguy2's Tacoma Gallery
What size is the XD40? compact or subcompact?
Old 06-28-2010, 11:42 AM   #5
rjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Riley
rjclemen's Tacoma Gallery
I got an XD sub compact and another that looks like it but has the extended magazine. So I am not sure which one it is. I believe the Kimber is a pro carry.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:43 AM   #6
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
I CC my xd 40 service model.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:45 AM   #7
The clown has no penis...
smallcandle is a name known to allsmallcandle is a name known to allsmallcandle is a name known to allsmallcandle is a name known to allsmallcandle is a name known to allsmallcandle is a name known to all

Name: Brian
smallcandle's Tacoma Gallery
Glock 30 for my CC gun.
Old 06-28-2010, 12:00 PM   #8
enjoying the shenanigans
Gunshot-6A is one of the sharper tools in the shedGunshot-6A is one of the sharper tools in the shedGunshot-6A is one of the sharper tools in the shedGunshot-6A is one of the sharper tools in the shedGunshot-6A is one of the sharper tools in the shedGunshot-6A is one of the sharper tools in the shedGunshot-6A is one of the sharper tools in the shedGunshot-6A is one of the sharper tools in the shedGunshot-6A is one of the sharper tools in the shedGunshot-6A is one of the sharper tools in the shedGunshot-6A is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Conner
Gunshot-6A's Tacoma Gallery
I have heard lots of good ccw tales for the glock 19...
I'm neither for nor against, just saying what I have heard.

I personally carry a Sig 226
Old 06-28-2010, 12:21 PM   #9
Dimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
Dimonback's Tacoma Gallery
Kahr CW45-- just over $450 -- it's what I'm thinking of. Right now I use a Kimber CDP Pro (Commander style, 4" bbl, full size grip) but need something smaller for summers here in Vegas. Had a KelTec 9mm but I'm a .45 guy.
Had a Springfield Ultra Compact that I liked, but the Hogue grip just can't stay on a carry gun. If you go that route I'd get the standard grips (wood or plastic, whatever) and use a strip of skateboard tape for the front of the grip. OR spend the money to get the frontstrap checkered, but the SB tape is a good poor man's checkering.
Old 06-28-2010, 12:55 PM   #10
Veteran Redleg
SteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Arizona Army National Guard C BATTERY 1/180TH Field Artillery and the Pinal County Sheriff's Office
Name: Curt
SteelRain's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimonback View Post
Kahr CW45-- just over $450 -- it's what I'm thinking of. Right now I use a Kimber CDP Pro (Commander style, 4" bbl, full size grip) but need something smaller for summers here in Vegas. Had a KelTec 9mm but I'm a .45 guy.
Had a Springfield Ultra Compact that I liked, but the Hogue grip just can't stay on a carry gun. If you go that route I'd get the standard grips (wood or plastic, whatever) and use a strip of skateboard tape for the front of the grip. OR spend the money to get the frontstrap checkered, but the SB tape is a good poor man's checkering.
Can't go wrong with a .45. I have the CW45...amazing little pistol.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:46 PM   #12
wvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud of

Name: Dennis
wvmountaintop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerfanXD View Post
Take the Kimber and get a XD later.
X1
Old 06-28-2010, 07:55 PM   #13
spatchley is a splendid one to beholdspatchley is a splendid one to beholdspatchley is a splendid one to beholdspatchley is a splendid one to beholdspatchley is a splendid one to beholdspatchley is a splendid one to beholdspatchley is a splendid one to behold
Army: 3-8 Cav
Name: Josh
spatchley's Tacoma Gallery
I carry a Kimber Ultra Covert in a Galco N3 holster on a daily basis. It is super comfortable and I know if I ever have to use it, it will function flawlessly
Old 06-28-2010, 08:08 PM   #14
CJH9980 is a splendid one to beholdCJH9980 is a splendid one to beholdCJH9980 is a splendid one to beholdCJH9980 is a splendid one to beholdCJH9980 is a splendid one to beholdCJH9980 is a splendid one to beholdCJH9980 is a splendid one to behold
Army: RN-Army Reserve 66H
Name: Clint
CJH9980's Tacoma Gallery
I used to carry my Glock 19 and loved it. My wife carries it now. I carry my Springfield 1911 Champion (4" barrel). Its actually slimmer than the Glock, so even though the frame is a little larger, its easier to conceal.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:14 PM   #15
Old Sheepdog
Primersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Primersinmyshoe's Tacoma Gallery
It's not about "what you carry" but more "how you carry". I mean it's the mind set you have. If you are on alert when you are out and about, viewing all as possible aggressors, you are ahead of the game. Most of the time I carry a 1911, but occasionally a .380. Being situational aware is key. Be aware, it's the best advise I can give.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:35 PM   #16
moe1967 is on a distinguished road
moe1967's Tacoma Gallery
"The 2nd Amendment is my Concealed carry permit"-Ted Nugent
Old 06-28-2010, 08:43 PM   #18
gusotto
gusotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusotto is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: 3rd class Sonar Tech. Surface (STG3)
Name: Gary
gusotto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjclemen View Post
Got my concealed carry last week!! I am super proud to have one. They said it would take 90 days ended up being 60. Now I just need to figure out what to carry. I have quite a few choices because my pops basically said anything in the gun case is yours just pick. Here are a few of my choices.

Glock 19
Beretta 92fs
Kimber 45
XD40

There are others just cant remember at the moment. I am leaning towards the Kimber since it only has a 3 inch barrel and I really enjoy shooting it. i shot the 92fs for my practical exam and it shot perfect and its hard to miss with it for me so that might be my second choice.

Either way I finally have my license!
Nice to hear about your CCW.
Are you aware the CCW is honored in other states?
NC CCW is honored in 34 other states.
go to www.handgunlaw.us and you can create a map of who honors your permit.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:47 PM   #19
Crusty ole' conservative fart
Sullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Retired Master Sergeant
Sullyman's Tacoma Gallery
Sig P239 in 9mm...single stack so the grip isn't real fat (lays flatter)...as for 9mm vs .4x....A well placed 9mm round or two will make the bad guy just as "still"....If I run into a problem that I can't handle with 8 x 9mm rounds than it just isn't my day ;-)
Old 06-28-2010, 08:52 PM   #20
fsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

fsbrain03's Tacoma Gallery
I carry a XD-40 SubCompact. It is kind of bulky for summer carry, and I am considering getting something smaller for the summer, when I wear t-shirts.

Congrats on expressing your rights.