Tacoma World Forums

Tacoma World Forums (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/)
-   Guns & Hunting (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/guns-hunting/)
-   -   MAGPUL Leaving CO? (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/guns-hunting/263933-magpul-leaving-co.html)

sammy87 02-18-2013 06:37 AM

MAGPUL Leaving CO?

So Colorado is in the process of becoming one of the most restrictive gun states and MAGPUL's HQ is in the state as well. They are threatening to relocate if these laws pass. That's 700 jobs and millions in revenue.:cool:

Strange times.

C O R E 02-18-2013 06:41 AM

Doesn't surprise me

Man, that's sad to hear but not surprising at all. Here in TX they are trying to pass the open carry law and I sure hope it does.

Must....resist....soapbox........:violent:

Richard Cranium 02-18-2013 12:28 PM

Been keeping an eye on their facebook page about this...seems to me they're not bluffing about jumping ship at any legislation change. Good for them if you ask me.

Specalt 02-18-2013 12:32 PM

I have seen other states offering them deals and tax breaks if they move to there state.
I think one of the states was Oregon.

I hope Remington does the same thing in NewYork.

Just a link to what this thread is about.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...pmags-anymore/

82 yotaman 02-18-2013 12:32 PM

Magpul did say that they would leave CO if those laws passed I got a buddy that works for them and he said everybody is worried if they do leave colorado my buddy says a lot of peeps will lose their jobs so sad I hate all this gun control crap all it does is hurt law abiding citizens.

dually 02-18-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 82 yotaman (Post 6459199)
Magpul did say that they would leave CO if those laws passed I got a buddy that works for them and he said everybody is worried if they do leave colorado my buddy says a lot of peeps will lose their jobs so sad I hate all this gun control crap all it does is hurt law abiding citizens.

Not only law abiding citizens, but those who work in the industry as well..

82 yotaman 02-18-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dually (Post 6459217)
Not only law abiding citizens, but those who work in the industry as well..

That as well so sad.

sammy87 02-18-2013 01:54 PM

Aparantly the bill passed. UFB! Well I feel safer already.

NvrSumR 02-18-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sammy87 (Post 6459612)
Aparantly the bill passed. UFB! Well I feel safer already.

It passed the house. Still has to pass the Senate; which it will though. Colorado is being overrun by ex Californians.

Black Stallion 02-18-2013 05:45 PM

Bye, bye Magpul. Welcome to Texas! Up yours Colorado!

Ostrichsak 02-19-2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NvrSumR (Post 6460816)
It passed the house. Still has to pass the Senate; which it will though. Colorado is being overrun by ex Californians.

If you meant to say tough.. no, it won't. The Senate is Democratically controlled and the vote won't be as close as it was in the House. After that is the governor signing it into law and our governor (Hickenlooper) has supported these bills since day 1 and said if they cross his desk he will sign them into law. We're still fighting the good fight but make no mistake or best chance of getting this BS squashed was in Committee a week ago. It passed 34-31 and it will only get worse moving forward. A lot of the (D) reps think Magpul is bluffing about taking their $85mil per year to another state and couldn't understand why since they will be granted exemptions. They don't get that this is about so much more than the 'incremental' measures they're taking to make us all safer. I too am planning to move and my wife and I visited Texas in May and liked it other than the heat and humidity. We have also considered moving back to Nebraska where we're both from. Just a question on where I can find work since she can find work just about anywhere with what she does. Not real sure where we will end up right now but it's sad that I'm being forced to leave the state that I love.

Richard Cranium 02-19-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ostrichsak (Post 6464045)
If you meant to say tough.. no, it won't. The Senate is Democratically controlled and the vote won't be as close as it was in the House. After that is the governor signing it into law and our governor (Hickenlooper) has supported these bills since day 1 and said if they cross his desk he will sign them into law. We're still fighting the good fight but make no mistake or best chance of getting this BS squashed was in Committee a week ago. It passed 34-31 and it will only get worse moving forward. A lot of the (D) reps think Magpul is bluffing about taking their $85mil per year to another state and couldn't understand why since they will be granted exemptions. They don't get that this is about so much more than the 'incremental' measures they're taking to make us all safer. I too am planning to move and my wife and I visited Texas in May and liked it other than the heat and humidity. We have also considered moving back to Nebraska where we're both from. Just a question on where I can find work since she can find work just about anywhere with what she does. Not real sure where we will end up right now but it's sad that I'm being forced to leave the state that I love.

We'd love to have you back in The Good Life :cool:

Haslefre 02-19-2013 10:17 AM

Magpul has a few options for a move. KS is in the process of applying a law to stop feds from coming in and enforcing federal gun control measures. Wyoming would be another good state. NE and TX would be great too. All of these are still in a central location for shipping product. I wonder though, if Magpul does leave the state, would they boycott sales to NY, CO and MO?

maxamillion2345 02-19-2013 10:20 AM

Nevada is a good state for business, for now...

Best of luck to you boys in Colorado. :(

Az lowtacoma 02-19-2013 10:23 AM

Well that sucks to have to move a whole company and screw lots of people. These laws are so dumb. I'm glad I ordered my Magpul stuff when I did.

Ostrichsak 02-19-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard Cranium (Post 6464090)
We'd love to have you back in The Good Life :cool:

I come back regularly man. Just had to come back for my great grandpa's funeral (dude made it to 102... what a life!) and have interviewed a couple of times for an IT position with a company out of Scottsbluff (where my wife and I are from originally) that also has a location in your city. I've got a lead on a couple similar IT jobs if this one doesn't pan out so we may be moving sooner than later. The wife is a dental assistant so she can find work anywhere. I just wish we could stay where we are. :(

Ostrichsak 02-19-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 (Post 6464113)
Nevada is a good state for business, for now...

Best of luck to you boys in Colorado. :(

I'll be in Vegas next week and I'm hoping I can set up a couple interviews while I'm there.

Alderleet 02-19-2013 10:59 AM

They could just pack up and come across the border to Utah...

strip 02-19-2013 11:42 AM

Come to Arkansas!

MontanaTaco 02-19-2013 11:47 AM

Magpul went up in my book when they said they would move taking their 85 million with them. Screw Colorado