Tacoma World Forums

Tacoma World Forums (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/)
-   Guns & Hunting (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/guns-hunting/)
-   -   Pissed about Cali Gun laws. (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/guns-hunting/29878-pissed-about-cali-gun-laws.html)

Siafu 03-11-2009 12:37 AM

Pissed about Cali Gun laws.

WTF is this state so damn liberal that I cant even buy the hand gun I want. THis is the friggin west incase anyone has forgot. I want to buy the new springfield xdm but cant because I live in california. ughhhh.

and i cant even own a damn ar-15. if i didnt have a good job here and the job market wasnt in the shitter i would move the fuck out of this state tomorrow.

Sry just venting a little.

Soo I have decided to buy the

Springfield 1911-A1 5" .45 Mil-Spec

or the
Taurus 1911-ALR 45ACP 8RD RAIL ALUM

or the

Kimber Pro Carry II

very different guns i know.

But I decided i want a new toy and cant have most the ones i have been trying to buy so thats the one i am going to go with. I found the springfield online for $649 and the Taurus for $618 if anyone knows where it is cheaper that would kick major ass.

anyways any input would be cool.

raskal311 03-11-2009 06:40 AM

You can own an AR-15 just have to have a fix mag and 10 rounds or less mag. Not a big deal or no pistal grip.

RCBS 03-11-2009 11:31 AM

is it illegal to "buy" it there, or to "own" it? could always make a road trip.

i don't understand Cali...so called "assault" rifles have been illegal there for some time if i'm not mistaken. did that make any difference in the infamous "North Hollywood Shootout"? those guys had full autos...but they didn't buy them in Cali, in fact, they didn't buy them legally anywhere in the US, but they still had them, right? so California wants the Badguys and the Cops to have good guns, but the lowly citizen...scratch that...subject can only have a ten round pea shooter to defend himself against all those "assault" weapons?? that's an all-day-cooked crock of sh*t if you asked me.

HardCase 03-11-2009 03:51 PM

Gunz are bad, they are only for killing and killing is bad. Ban them. They are not healthy for children and other living things.

itsmyturn 03-11-2009 04:11 PM

can't go wrong with the springfield. still one of my favorites in .45, can't speak on the taurus though

El Duderino 480 03-11-2009 04:13 PM

move to AZ!!

kristopherl 03-11-2009 05:39 PM

:rotfl:
Quote:

Originally Posted by HardCase (Post 458988)
Gunz are bad, they are only for killing and killing is bad. Ban them. They are not healthy for children and other living things.

wildjerseyfirefighter 03-11-2009 07:31 PM

jersey is bad too...since rifles arent legal to use in NJ, you cant buy them. Have to be ordered special

edit: apparently, I cant order a bow from Cabelas to be sent to my house either..Hmm.

40204ever 03-11-2009 07:44 PM

Free California. We free people all over the world and ignore local oppression. Iraqis have more gun rights than people in california.

ZonKs 03-13-2009 04:11 PM

I dont believe iraqis can own guns.

NAAC3TACO 03-13-2009 04:19 PM

I wouldn't worry about moving. Now that Obama is in office, the rest of America will soon be just like California if he gets his way.:mad:

Siafu 03-13-2009 06:15 PM

Quote:

omg. guns dont kill people. people kill people. if a killer is going to kill. taking the gun away wont protect anyone.

and if kids are educated right parents wouldnt have to worry about guns being around.

plus you live in MONTANA if thats not a gun totin, cowboy and cattle hurding state i dont know what is. its like texas's retarted cousin. until bad guys dont have guns you can count on my carrying a gun everywhere i go to protect me and my family from all the mental deranged idiots out there.

phew. sorry. just had to put it out there.

Siafu 03-13-2009 06:17 PM

oh yeah and scratch the taurus its not legal either.

kristopherl 03-13-2009 06:23 PM

We should ban Round-up... it isn't good for plants..it kills living things.:D

Siafu 03-13-2009 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kristopherl (Post 463962)
We should ban Round-up... it isn't good for plants..it kills living things.:D

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA.

Nows thats F*ckin funny.

JJ Customs 03-13-2009 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZonKs (Post 463587)
I dont believe iraqis can own guns.

Actually you could not be more wrong! Iraqi's can own one full assault rifle (fully auto) per military age male with two mags per household. It is supposed to be registered with the local Provence however this is seldom the case.

fletch aka 03-13-2009 07:30 PM

Is it the high capacity magazine that bans it in California?

fletch aka 03-13-2009 07:32 PM

Quote:

Guns don't kill people, postal workers do!

JJ Customs 03-13-2009 07:32 PM

Quote:

You are simply an idiot! I hope you have fun after guns are taken from the people who are responsible enough to use them and you are getting robbed every day by the people who are not!! As for children I have one and my weapons have two forms of locks. A key for the trigger and a combo for the case. If you train you child on how to use a weapon and how to use it they are safer than strapping them into a car!!

MyToyTaco 03-13-2009 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RCBS (Post 458441)
is it illegal to "buy" it there, or to "own" it? could always make a road trip.

i don't understand Cali...so called "assault" rifles have been illegal there for some time if i'm not mistaken. did that make any difference in the infamous "North Hollywood Shootout"? those guys had full autos...but they didn't buy them in Cali, in fact, they didn't buy them legally anywhere in the US, but they still had them, right? so California wants the Badguys and the Cops to have good guns, but the lowly citizen...scratch that...subject can only have a ten round pea shooter to defend himself against all those "assault" weapons?? that's an all-day-cooked crock of sh*t if you asked me.

The NoHo shootout is the reason they put the ban in effect, if i'm not mistaken..

-edit..

i'm mistaken

just looked it up, the ban was put in place in 94 and the shootout was in 97..