Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

Trail Time!

Old 07-17-2010, 03:51 PM   #1
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Trail Time!

I have only been back for a few weeks but is anybody wanting to make a Peacock Flats or Kaena Point run? DLNR still hasseling people at Kaena Point?
Old 07-20-2010, 11:53 PM   #3
kumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud of
kumaWRX's Tacoma Gallery
Because I have a prerunner, Peacock Flats for me is out. What side of Kaena were you going? I didn't get stuck on the Waialua side and that was with my stock Rugged Fails, but I've never went on the Waianae side. Lmk via pm also, thanks.
Old 07-22-2010, 01:03 AM   #4
supremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of light
supremetaco2's Tacoma Gallery
hey kuma, i ran my prerunner up at peacock flats about 3 times, you shouldnt have a problem if you got the locker and stayed on the main trail, only engaged the locker twice... but i guess it all depends on the weather, all the times i went up there it was pretty dusty and solid ground. on the other hand, i heard its hell even with 4wd when its raining up there...
Old 07-23-2010, 01:50 AM   #5
kumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud of
kumaWRX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by supremetaco2 View Post
hey kuma, i ran my prerunner up at peacock flats about 3 times, you shouldnt have a problem if you got the locker and stayed on the main trail, only engaged the locker twice... but i guess it all depends on the weather, all the times i went up there it was pretty dusty and solid ground. on the other hand, i heard its hell even with 4wd when its raining up there...
Sweet, that's good to hear. I guess all the pics I saw of Peacock flats were off the main trail, looked really hardcore. You need a permit to go there though yeah?
Old 07-23-2010, 04:15 AM   #6
supremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of light
yeah lololol u gotta get a permit, yeah all the pics u see is prolly off the main trail, like the jeep eater, initiator, etc... too hardcore for me only went on one side trail but forget what it was, but good fun
Old 07-23-2010, 03:52 PM   #8
popstaco is on a distinguished road

popstaco's Tacoma Gallery
Trail time

Our group will be making a trip up to Peacock Flats on the 31st. We will probably just stay on the main trail up to the campsite. You need to get a hikers permit from DOFAW or need a hunters license to gain access.
Old 07-24-2010, 02:55 AM   #9
toku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

toku58's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrimm View Post
I have only been back for a few weeks but is anybody wanting to make a Peacock Flats or Kaena Point run? DLNR still hasseling people at Kaena Point?
The last time I went out to Kaena point the gate was open. So I believe that the area is open now.
Old 07-24-2010, 01:57 PM   #10
popstaco is on a distinguished road

popstaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toku58 View Post
The last time I went out to Kaena point the gate was open. So I believe that the area is open now.

They just had an article on KGMB9 news about Kaena point abuse. Check it out on www.hawaiinewsnow.com
Old 07-24-2010, 07:57 PM   #11
http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/Global/...asp?S=12862151 LOL my truck is in the video on the right! im famous hahahah
Old 07-24-2010, 10:34 PM   #12
toku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

toku58's Tacoma Gallery
voice your opinions!
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/kpagsurvey

I wrote that the development of Waikiki has done more to damage the native plants and animals then the people at KP. So go protest there!

It's funny how tree huggers will cry about people mud bogging? But their O.K. if big business wants to pave it over with concrete, and asphalt!
Old 07-24-2010, 11:42 PM   #13
kumaWRX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toku58 View Post
voice your opinions!
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/kpagsurvey

I wrote that the development of Waikiki has done more to damage the native plants and animals then the people at KP. So go protest there!

It's funny how tree huggers will cry about people mud bogging? But their O.K. if big business wants to pave it over with concrete, and asphalt!
I just took the survey, did my part.