Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

Kaena point

Old 07-31-2010, 08:13 PM   #1
oldsman71442 is just really niceoldsman71442 is just really niceoldsman71442 is just really niceoldsman71442 is just really niceoldsman71442 is just really nice
Coast Guard: AMT
Name: Jeff
oldsman71442's Tacoma Gallery
Kaena point

Went 4 wheeling today at kaena point. I was kinda disappointed I did the whole thing in 2wd. In the mids of 4wheeling i saw a jeep bumper and a fender that had gotten riped off. I am wondering how the hell can someone tear up their car that bad out there? I didn't see much in the way of Real Wheelin out there? I went 2 miles down the dirt road, did I not go far enough?

Thanks
Old 08-01-2010, 01:26 AM   #2
BORN AND RAISED MAUI BOY
numbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kahai
numbah57's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe not, I heard theres some crazy trails there.
Old 08-01-2010, 02:16 AM   #3
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
Location: Wisconsin, Hawaii, California, North Carolina...everywhere
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Not a whole lot of wheeling when its dry. When its wet though, there can be some challenging obstacles.
Old 08-01-2010, 02:20 AM   #4
raycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant future

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
You can stay on the dirt and get through in 2. Play in the sand, and in some parts you will definitely need 4. Also depends on when you go. It can get tough in some areas if there was a recent heavy rain. I have been out there with some evidence of some muddy fun in the dips.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:19 PM   #5
kumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud of
kumaWRX's Tacoma Gallery
If you stay on the main trail you will only need 2wd. When I went with my friend when it was dry and he had to engage 4wd pretty much everytime I had to turn on the locker which was only when we went down to the sandy loose rocks part uphill.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:24 PM   #6
supremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of light
supremetaco2's Tacoma Gallery
good to know that the gate is still open!
Old 08-02-2010, 12:00 AM   #7
raycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant future

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kumaWRX View Post
If you stay on the main trail you will only need 2wd. When I went with my friend when it was dry and he had to engage 4wd pretty much everytime I had to turn on the locker which was only when we went down to the sandy loose rocks part uphill.
haha.. just had a flash back to years ago when I went down there and saw a VW bug coming off the main trail.. I was like.. what the hell I need a truck for.. lol...