Notices

Pecock Flats Camp Out

Old 08-10-2010, 11:48 PM   #1
Jays2010Taco is on a distinguished road

Navy: DCC
Name: Jay
Jays2010Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Pecock Flats Camp Out

just wondering if anyone is down to do a pecock flats run mabye chill bbq drink beer and camp overnight. Never been but heard the camp grounds are good up there and the main trail to the camp grounds is not that bad. Any suggestions or takers?
Old 08-10-2010, 11:50 PM   #2
BORN AND RAISED MAUI BOY
numbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kahai
numbah57's Tacoma Gallery
Do it on Maui and I'm there. Damn now I want that super ferry
Old 08-11-2010, 12:06 AM   #3
raycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant future

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
I would be down, if not for peacock flats, at least another meet and greet, with beer involved.
Possibly if I had a OR prerunner or a 4x4, but not sure if my sport would make it. Plan something out. Gotta get more representation of 4x4 and prerunners.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:09 AM   #4
rvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to all

Name: cameron
rvcahawaii808's Tacoma Gallery
where exactly is peacock flats...ive got my 4runner
Old 08-11-2010, 12:24 AM   #5
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
Location: Wisconsin, Hawaii, California, North Carolina...everywhere
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
I might be in but it depends on when it is. Looks like I will be going to Australia for a month coming up soon.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:44 PM   #6
sliverbullett808 is on a distinguished road

Navy: GSE1
Name: Rodney
sliverbullett808's Tacoma Gallery
Count me in so long i dont have duty day. I need to bless my truck in dirt
Old 08-12-2010, 10:32 PM   #7
raycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant future

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
What is the trail like anyway? Dean.. You have been up.. Did you engage your 4x4 a bunch? Or is it more of a dirt trail to get up to at least the camping area?
Old 08-13-2010, 12:45 AM   #8
Long time lurker, first time poster.
Nirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Snipe
Name: Kris
Nirvana's Tacoma Gallery
I'd be down for a trail ride and hanging out as long as I'm not on duty. You have to fill out the form to gain access right?
Old 08-13-2010, 02:07 PM   #10
supremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of light
supremetaco2's Tacoma Gallery
i ran this trail 3 times with my prerunner with no problems at all, only had to use the diff lock twice if i recall. those were the times when i went off the main path though. as long as its not muddy as hell your prerunner will be just fine, camp grounds are super nice area, just be prepared, that area has its own weather lol. peacock flats all the way down waianae side and yeah you need to get a permit to go up there.
here are some pics from the runs:
beginning:

some fun things to try out if you want this goes right back to the main trail:

campgrounds:

heading back to town, super nice:
Old 08-13-2010, 04:23 PM   #12
supremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of light
supremetaco2's Tacoma Gallery
right on! that is a good question... idk my friend gets the permit for me, should be somewhere on the park n rec webpage
Old 08-14-2010, 12:53 AM   #15
kumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud of
kumaWRX's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice pics supremetaco. Never been but I'm going with my friend when he comes back from the mainland sometime in October, he has a 4x4 Ram w/ M/Ts so just in case I get stuck he can yank me out

As long as it's on a Sunday when you guys go, I'm pretty sure I can make it out.
Old 08-14-2010, 03:49 AM   #16

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
Prenunner sport with ATs, can or no can? Watch some vids on the 2nd gen page of some sport prenunners getting into some of the mainland trail runs, but wondering if theLSD would be sufficient. All else fails, I would have tow straps...
Old 08-15-2010, 05:16 PM   #17
Jays2010Taco is on a distinguished road

Navy: DCC
Name: Jay
Jays2010Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Alright sounds like lots of interest. Everyone give time frames within the next month or two then we will pick the one with the most people. Permits I here are easy to get. We could me in one central location then cruise up. Mabye a over nighter and those who cannot stay the night can just go when they need to. I have youtubed the main trail and it looks pretty easy to get up. We can go off to the side on a few for those who can. Also let me know if people want to bring the families up as well. I am up for anything. So everyone post what would be a good weekend. And for those who cannot make this one if it goes good we can plan another.
Old 08-15-2010, 07:52 PM   #18
sliverbullett808 is on a distinguished road

Navy: GSE1
Name: Rodney
sliverbullett808's Tacoma Gallery
yeah

alright! u know i am down for some offroading
Old 08-15-2010, 10:08 PM   #20
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
Location: Wisconsin, Hawaii, California, North Carolina...everywhere
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
I am down any weekend before mid to late september. My truck is being shipped to California around that time.