Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

Safety Inspection

Old 09-20-2010, 03:31 PM   #1
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Safety Inspection

Anybody have a place for "special" vehicle inspections?
Old 09-27-2010, 05:39 PM   #3
happyb has a spectacular aura abouthappyb has a spectacular aura about
Name: Brandon
happyb's Tacoma Gallery
can i get on this. my safety is up this month
Old 10-04-2010, 12:47 AM   #4
Jays2010Taco is on a distinguished road

Navy: DCC
Name: Jay
Jays2010Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Hey bro could have used you yesterday... Went up peacock flats for a camping trip broke my truck. Had to spot weld up there just to be able to steer enough to get down the mountain... I just got home. Good times though this one gonna be expensive.. So you ship your truck yet?
Old 10-04-2010, 11:06 AM   #5
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays2010Taco View Post
Hey bro could have used you yesterday... Went up peacock flats for a camping trip broke my truck. Had to spot weld up there just to be able to steer enough to get down the mountain... I just got home. Good times though this one gonna be expensive.. So you ship your truck yet?
Had family in town yesterday. The truck is still here. My orders got pushed back to early next year so I will be around for a while longer. I may be taking the new 4runner up to peacock flats once I get the sliders and suspension on.

What did you end up breaking?
Old 12-05-2010, 02:49 PM   #6
nhab is on a distinguished road
nhab's Tacoma Gallery
Any body still know of a place? My buddy can't do anymore... I'm running a 6" fabtech.
Old 12-18-2010, 02:25 AM   #7
nhab is on a distinguished road
nhab's Tacoma Gallery
no one?
Old 12-20-2010, 10:53 PM   #9
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
where you gonna go now kelson????
Old 03-05-2011, 03:09 PM   #10
raycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant future

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
Safety is up at th end of the month. Technically I need recon because the current 1.75" lift. OME 884s should be here next week, so would be an even more obvious lift at 2.25"

Went out to get safety this morning. Was going to chance Goodyear even though they would have more of the "eye" for any sort of lift. Wait was over an hour, so went to a service/gas station. The lady did look at the front shocks, but luckily wrote me up anyway. Thinking I definitely wouldn't have passed if I had a spacer lift in there and no recon. Maybe since the 5100s are giving the lift, it was a little less obvious.

At least I bought some time to get close to a 3" lift, decide what to do with the rear, and get recon scheduled. Rather pay the man $15 and get recon, then hope it will pass every year.
Old 03-06-2011, 05:29 PM   #11
Me l've got brains.
island808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jedediah
island808's Tacoma Gallery
Its not hard to get recon, just a pain in the ass to go downtown. If your suspension deflects and your tires are under the car, you're pretty much done.

THe bro-cholos with the balloon tires can't pass, but they just run down there on factory tires to get the sticker.

There are no cops in hawaii, so once you have the sticker, you're good with the local garage inspection right? Long as the paper matches what's on there.

Even then, Every time, I MEAN EVERY time I go to buy a car or moto, it's on the road and 3-10 years out of date on the registration. There are no cops, don't worry about it. Don't speed and you'll be fine. Even then, they only set up speed traps at certain areas.