Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

Where to get rust proofing in Oahu?

Old 10-26-2010, 09:40 PM   #1
Shaq-enzy Falls
supataco has a spectacular aura aboutsupataco has a spectacular aura aboutsupataco has a spectacular aura about

Name: Ichiro
supataco's Tacoma Gallery
Where to get rust proofing in Oahu?

I keep reading posts of taco's suffering from rust problems - all of which seem to be mainland owners only. Anyone in Hawaii have rust problems?

If so, where's the best place to get rust proofing done? I wouldn't mind doing it myself, but I'm just worried about spraying over something I shouldn't.
Old 10-27-2010, 03:22 AM   #3
kumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud of
kumaWRX's Tacoma Gallery
Go to Car Care Hawaii on Hoe St., that is where Servco gets the cars rustproofed. They did our shop's tow truck and some customer's cars and the work is top notch, they know what they're doing. Don't worry, they don't spray anything that shouldn't be sprayed like the driveshaft, etc.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:48 PM   #4
Shaq-enzy Falls
supataco has a spectacular aura aboutsupataco has a spectacular aura aboutsupataco has a spectacular aura about

Name: Ichiro
supataco's Tacoma Gallery
Cool. Thanks guys. I woulda got the rust proofing done at the dealer, but I knew I could have gotten it a lot cheaper outside. Like the tint quote they gave me was like $500 & I know they go through T&T - I got a quote straight from T&T for $158 instead.

Anyone else having any rust problems on the Island? I've only had my truck for a month now, but it's a 2010, so I'm sure it was sitting on the lot for a while. I see some minor rust specks on the frame that I was planning to brush out & cover myself.