1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Welding on All-Pro bumper

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by MrGrimm, Oct 30, 2010.

1. Oct 30, 2010 at 11:22 AM
    MrGrimm

MrGrimm [OP] Mall Crawler

Member:
    First Name:
    Dean
    Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    2006 Toyota Tacoma 4WD w/TRD Sport Package
    See build page
    Hey I am looking around for somebody to do a welding job. The job requires bending 1 1/2" tube for headlight guards. The guy I normally use for welding does not have a tube bender. Anybody know someone that can do it? The pictures below show what I want to have done to my All-Pro bumper.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Oct 30, 2010 at 12:34 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I get it now...I saw those light guard lines and thought they were real tubing and was like "fer serious??" but it makes sense now that I can see those are paint lines.

Good luck finding someone to hook you up!!

3. Oct 30, 2010 at 12:58 PM
    memario1214

memario1214 Hotshot Offroad Moderator Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    Missoula, MT
    Vehicle:
    SOLD - 05 Dub Cab TRD Sport 4x4, CURRENT - '21 Tundra MGM Limited
    Just go to an auto exhaust shop, they should have an ironworker... Shouldn't cost you a fortune to have that done

4. Nov 1, 2010 at 11:45 PM
    Jays2010Taco

Jays2010Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Oahu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    10Toyota Tacoma
    6inch Fab-Tech suspension lift
    Dean,
    There is a guy on craigslist that does a bunch of stuff with the metal tubing. He makes the bumpers, rock sliders ect. I heard he does pretty good work. check it out if not let me know I can see if my welder can do it

5. Nov 1, 2010 at 11:52 PM
    MrGrimm

Member:
    First Name:
    Dean
    Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    See build page
    THis is funny. That's the guy that shortened my bumper and chopped my cab mount. He does do good work but he does not have a tube bender. I am thinking of going to get the tube measured and bent and then take it to him to get it welded. He said he would do it for $20 but he is all the way down in Ewa. It would be worth it though. My headlights are scratched up pretty bad from that last Peacock Flats run.

6. Nov 2, 2010 at 11:34 PM
    Jays2010Taco

Jays2010Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Oahu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    10Toyota Tacoma
    6inch Fab-Tech suspension lift
    Bro 20 bucks sounds pretty sweet. I went up to Peacocks a few weeks ago. Broke a tie rod, and did a little bit of body damage. Had to have a friend bring his portable welder up just so I could get down the mountain... It was pretty muddy though. Thinking of getting your bumper.. Plus the travel extension for the front end. I thought you were transfering. I will post the video of me breaking the tie rod soon

7. Nov 2, 2010 at 11:41 PM
    MrGrimm

Member:
    First Name:
    Dean
    Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    See build page
    There were some issues with my orders but I am definitely leaving for school in January and off the island in April.If you get the bumper, I can help you get it on since it only takes me about an hour to get it on. That guys name that does the welding is Irvin and he does a great job.

8. Jan 1, 2011 at 2:59 PM
    Nirvana

Nirvana Tesla Auto

Member:
    First Name:
    Kris
    Morgan Hill, U.S.A
    Vehicle:
    2006 Off Road 4X4
    Icon ext. travel 2.5RR in front, Icon ext. travel 2.0RR in rear, BuiltRight uniball UCAs, Wheelers Superbumps, Goodridge steel braided brake lines, BruteForce front plate bumper w/ Warn M9000+synth line, American Auto Horns ACDF, Pelfrey Bussman mount+Sandman bussman fuse block (soon), 255/75R16s on painted stockers...because I'm not paying $800 to rock rash new wheels you scrubs. Shok Industries 2/0 big 4 upgrade and sound deadener.
    Do you guys have the contact info for the guy on craiglist? I'd rather go with someone other people have gotten good work from that take my chances when it comes to welding on my sliders.

9. Jan 1, 2011 at 3:06 PM
    MrGrimm

Member:
    First Name:
    Dean
    Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    See build page
    Sent you a PM Nirvana

10. Jan 1, 2011 at 9:57 PM
    Nirvana

Nirvana Tesla Auto

Member:
    First Name:
    Kris
    Morgan Hill, U.S.A
    Vehicle:
    2006 Off Road 4X4
    Icon ext. travel 2.5RR in front, Icon ext. travel 2.0RR in rear, BuiltRight uniball UCAs, Wheelers Superbumps, Goodridge steel braided brake lines, BruteForce front plate bumper w/ Warn M9000+synth line, American Auto Horns ACDF, Pelfrey Bussman mount+Sandman bussman fuse block (soon), 255/75R16s on painted stockers...because I'm not paying $800 to rock rash new wheels you scrubs. Shok Industries 2/0 big 4 upgrade and sound deadener.
    Thanks Dean, much appreciated.

Products Discussed in

To Top