Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

Welding on All-Pro bumper

Old 10-30-2010, 12:22 PM   #1
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Welding on All-Pro bumper

Hey I am looking around for somebody to do a welding job. The job requires bending 1 1/2" tube for headlight guards. The guy I normally use for welding does not have a tube bender. Anybody know someone that can do it? The pictures below show what I want to have done to my All-Pro bumper.

Old 10-30-2010, 01:58 PM   #3
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Just go to an auto exhaust shop, they should have an ironworker... Shouldn't cost you a fortune to have that done
Old 11-02-2010, 12:45 AM   #4
Jays2010Taco is on a distinguished road

Navy: DCC
Name: Jay
Jays2010Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Dean,
There is a guy on craigslist that does a bunch of stuff with the metal tubing. He makes the bumpers, rock sliders ect. I heard he does pretty good work. check it out if not let me know I can see if my welder can do it
Old 11-02-2010, 12:52 AM   #5
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays2010Taco View Post
Dean,
There is a guy on craigslist that does a bunch of stuff with the metal tubing. He makes the bumpers, rock sliders ect. I heard he does pretty good work. check it out if not let me know I can see if my welder can do it
THis is funny. That's the guy that shortened my bumper and chopped my cab mount. He does do good work but he does not have a tube bender. I am thinking of going to get the tube measured and bent and then take it to him to get it welded. He said he would do it for $20 but he is all the way down in Ewa. It would be worth it though. My headlights are scratched up pretty bad from that last Peacock Flats run.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:34 AM   #6
Jays2010Taco is on a distinguished road

Navy: DCC
Name: Jay
Jays2010Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrimm View Post
THis is funny. That's the guy that shortened my bumper and chopped my cab mount. He does do good work but he does not have a tube bender. I am thinking of going to get the tube measured and bent and then take it to him to get it welded. He said he would do it for $20 but he is all the way down in Ewa. It would be worth it though. My headlights are scratched up pretty bad from that last Peacock Flats run.
Bro 20 bucks sounds pretty sweet. I went up to Peacocks a few weeks ago. Broke a tie rod, and did a little bit of body damage. Had to have a friend bring his portable welder up just so I could get down the mountain... It was pretty muddy though. Thinking of getting your bumper.. Plus the travel extension for the front end. I thought you were transfering. I will post the video of me breaking the tie rod soon
Old 11-03-2010, 12:41 AM   #7
Mall Crawler

Marines:
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays2010Taco View Post
Bro 20 bucks sounds pretty sweet. I went up to Peacocks a few weeks ago. Broke a tie rod, and did a little bit of body damage. Had to have a friend bring his portable welder up just so I could get down the mountain... It was pretty muddy though. Thinking of getting your bumper.. Plus the travel extension for the front end. I thought you were transfering. I will post the video of me breaking the tie rod soon
There were some issues with my orders but I am definitely leaving for school in January and off the island in April.If you get the bumper, I can help you get it on since it only takes me about an hour to get it on. That guys name that does the welding is Irvin and he does a great job.
Old 01-01-2011, 03:59 PM   #8
Long time lurker, first time poster.
Nirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Snipe
Name: Kris
Nirvana's Tacoma Gallery
Do you guys have the contact info for the guy on craiglist? I'd rather go with someone other people have gotten good work from that take my chances when it comes to welding on my sliders.
Old 01-01-2011, 04:06 PM   #9
Mall Crawler

Marines:
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Sent you a PM Nirvana
Old 01-01-2011, 10:57 PM   #10
Long time lurker, first time poster.
Nirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Snipe
Name: Kris
Nirvana's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Dean, much appreciated.