Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

THE POINT

Old 12-27-2010, 02:09 PM   #22
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahshiet View Post
MrGrimm: post some pics of that runner looks like it's got a good amount of flex out front those are teaser pics!!!
I dont have much for flex pics. I will have to snap somemore the next time I am out.

Old 12-27-2010, 06:14 PM   #25
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
17x8 Mojave's 4.5" BS
285/70-17 BFGoodrich KM2
Old 01-01-2011, 01:33 PM   #27
Long time lurker, first time poster.
Nirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Snipe
Name: Kris
Nirvana's Tacoma Gallery
Got a couple pics from a few weeks ago at Kaena.

I still haven't put the carpet back in.
Old 01-01-2011, 04:07 PM   #28
Mall Crawler

Marines:
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Did you get stuck or was it just that deep for your carpets to get soaked?
Old 01-01-2011, 10:56 PM   #29
Nirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Nirvana's Tacoma Gallery
I was fully stuck, the ledges were probably a foot vertical so there was no hope of my duratracs grabbing any traction and I couldn't get her to swing around to the gradual slope that I eventually got pulled out on. You can see where I accidentally slid in behind the left side of my truck.

I couldn't face the verbal abuse that comes with posting pictures of an F250 pulling me out.
Old 01-02-2011, 01:13 AM   #30
Mall Crawler

Marines:
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Ahh. Everybody gets stuck sometime. You learn from them so thats good.
Old 01-02-2011, 01:29 AM   #31

Nirvana's Tacoma Gallery
For sure. You heading to Kaena tomorrow? JasonLeblond commented on my picture but I think he meant it to go in this thread, around 11 is the plan.
Old 01-02-2011, 01:33 AM   #32
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah i don't know what i commented on LOL the Iphone is a pain with TW... I'm going tomorrow for sure!
Old 01-02-2011, 11:22 AM   #33
Mall Crawler

Marines:
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
I am gonna be up that way. Suppose to be some big surf up on the north shore so I will be up there taking photos. I might swing by the point for a little bit. Look for a new 4runner with black wheels (only one I have seen on the island).
Old 01-02-2011, 12:19 PM   #34
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
On my way up there now...
Old 01-02-2011, 12:38 PM   #35
Jays2010Taco is on a distinguished road

Navy: DCC
Name: Jay
Jays2010Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrimm View Post
I am gonna be up that way. Suppose to be some big surf up on the north shore so I will be up there taking photos. I might swing by the point for a little bit. Look for a new 4runner with black wheels (only one I have seen on the island).
Damn you people. Going whale watching today....May head up there but wont be till late in the afternoon. Dean seen your beast in the exchange parking lot yesterday...Yup one of a kind bro..
Old 01-02-2011, 12:40 PM   #36
Mall Crawler

Marines:
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays2010Taco View Post
Damn you people. Going whale watching today....May head up there but wont be till late in the afternoon. Dean seen your beast in the exchange parking lot yesterday...Yup one of a kind bro..
Was your truck down there? I went in to get a haircut and some lunch.

I am headed up to the north shore now.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:56 PM   #37
Jays2010Taco is on a distinguished road

Navy: DCC
Name: Jay
Jays2010Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrimm View Post
Was your truck down there? I went in to get a haircut and some lunch.

I am headed up to the north shore now.

Yup but I was in and out. Wheres the pics from today I want to see. Was there any mud holes still up there?
Old 01-02-2011, 09:48 PM   #38
Mall Crawler

Marines:
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays2010Taco View Post
Yup but I was in and out. Wheres the pics from today I want to see. Was there any mud holes still up there?
Yea there were some mud holes still there. I dropped down into one and almost didn't get out. Had to put it in 4lo, diff lock and crawl control to get her out. Took me a few minutes but made it out just fine. Bent the stock skid plate pretty good, scrapped the rear bumper and the tow hitch dragged at a few parts.

I got the wife to drive the 4runner around today too with it in crawl control. She made it up a part that a modified Jeep couldn't get up with backing down 3 times. Thought it was pretty funny.

I only saw one other Tacoma up there. A blue lifted one with black wheels. Couldn't tell if they were form the site. When I went up to their truck, they were out walking around somewhere.

Here are some from today. I wanted to get some flex pics that somebody was asking for earlier this week. Front tire was just a hair off the ground here. Rear tires still had contact.

Same shot, different angle.

Crawl control enabled. Two wheeling for a couple seconds but the crawl control kept her chuggin up the hill.

Front tire off the ground.

Here you can see the mud caked up into the stock skid plate. Skid plate is getting trashed once I get to California. So sliders and a skid palte are next on the list.

Crawl control enabled works just as good going downhill.

Last incline of the day before heading home.

Old 01-02-2011, 10:01 PM   #39
Yeah I saw you out there Dean. I had a few people with me. Both weren't very comfortable with the mud and stuff so we just snapped a few pics and headed out to Turtle Beach. I need to leave the old lady at home next time. She freaks out really bad
Old 01-02-2011, 10:04 PM   #40
Mall Crawler

Marines:
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonleblond View Post
Yeah I saw you out there Dean. I had a few people with me. Both weren't very comfortable with the mud and stuff so we just snapped a few pics and headed out to Turtle Beach. I need to leave the old lady at home next time. She freaks out really bad
My wife was freaking out because of the mud as well. We dropped into that deep one near the beginning and we did get stuck at first. Started using the gadgets the 4Runner has and we finally got out. You have a good looking truck! Made me miss mine when I saw your wheels.