THE POINT

Old 01-02-2011, 09:11 PM   #41
Jays2010Taco is on a distinguished road

Navy: DCC
Name: Jay
Jays2010Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrimm View Post
Yea there were some mud holes still there. I dropped down into one and almost didn't get out. Had to put it in 4lo, diff lock and crawl control to get her out. Took me a few minutes but made it out just fine. Bent the stock skid plate pretty good, scrapped the rear bumper and the tow hitch dragged at a few parts.

I got the wife to drive the 4runner around today too with it in crawl control. She made it up a part that a modified Jeep couldn't get up with backing down 3 times. Thought it was pretty funny.

I only saw one other Tacoma up there. A blue lifted one with black wheels. Couldn't tell if they were form the site. When I went up to their truck, they were out walking around somewhere.

Here are some from today. I wanted to get some flex pics that somebody was asking for earlier this week. Front tire was just a hair off the ground here. Rear tires still had contact.

Same shot, different angle.

Crawl control enabled. Two wheeling for a couple seconds but the crawl control kept her chuggin up the hill.

Front tire off the ground.

Here you can see the mud caked up into the stock skid plate. Skid plate is getting trashed once I get to California. So sliders and a skid palte are next on the list.

Crawl control enabled works just as good going downhill.

Last incline of the day before heading home.

Nice, I am suprised that there was still that much mud up there.. Now I wish I would have went whale watching a different day. If you have not done it yet I suggest you do get some killer pics, the ITT MWR office has some huge discounts for the family to. Sick pics though.. That crawl is gettimg more and more tempting might have to invest in another toy when I get back from deployment. How were the waves at North Shore? Heard it was supposed to be 25ft faces...
Old 01-02-2011, 09:14 PM   #42
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
Location: Wisconsin, Hawaii, California, North Carolina...everywhere
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays2010Taco View Post
Nice, I am suprised that there was still that much mud up there.. Now I wish I would have went whale watching a different day. If you have not done it yet I suggest you do get some killer pics, the ITT MWR office has some huge discounts for the family to. Sick pics though.. That crawl is gettimg more and more tempting might have to invest in another toy when I get back from deployment. How were the waves at North Shore? Heard it was supposed to be 25ft faces...
We got to the north shore about 2 hours before high tide so the waves were dying down. At some spots it was still about 10 feet but earlier some guys were saying it was 12-15' at sunset beach. It was rough out there today.

We went whale watching two years ago and we might go after I get back from California in March. We had a great time seeing some whale tail!
Old 01-03-2011, 06:06 PM   #43
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
Was inspecting the truck today and realized I ripped the electrical connector for my trailer hitch off somehow. What a shitty place they put that thing especially as it's all plastic. Looks like K Point is giving me a good excuse to upgrade to an All Pro bumper... I'll post pics soon!
Old 01-03-2011, 06:16 PM   #44
focotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

focotacoma's Tacoma Gallery
sorry to thread jack but just got back from hawaii for three weeks....there are some sick trails out there!!!! :0 totally suprised..... anyway you guys are lucky!!!

I think hawaii has more tacomas than ive ever seen before in one place......

I was on maui mostly and i saw this a lot....i know you guys are from oahu but do people over there put like 20 inch tires on tacomas with like 9 inch lifts???? it looks pretty stupid imho
Old 01-03-2011, 06:32 PM   #45
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Yes the 9inch lift is very popular here lol... I've got three and that's enough if u ask me although my skid plate is destroyed
Old 01-03-2011, 08:19 PM   #46
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
There are alot of lifted tacomas here with really wide wheels and wide tires. It's their money so I dont knock em for it. As far as trails on this island...wish there was more. I saw alot on Kauai when I was there.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:22 PM   #47
Kauai is insane! We rented a jeep last time we were out and then had more fun then I could ever explain. Got stuck a ton of times though and looked like a complete douche... Haha oh well
Old 01-04-2011, 11:08 PM   #48

yup pulled out an F250 that was buried in the big mudhole

un hooking after only a few minutes of yanking on the truck

the 35 in tires were buried and she was high centered flexed out

every vehicle in the group was stuck which is why I got the call

Alright so I got the call on Sunday night bout 1130 all 3 were stuck. They called the Taco that they always talk smack on to come get them out.. Oh what carma. Rack one up for the TACO's.. Really wanted to go out with the rest of you on Sunday but had other obligations. Ended up going anyway just alot later than I wanted. But hey any opportunity to pull out a Ford right??

and of course have to show the pic of him un hooking from my taco after I pulled em out!
Old 01-04-2011, 11:11 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonleblond View Post
Was inspecting the truck today and realized I ripped the electrical connector for my trailer hitch off somehow. What a shitty place they put that thing especially as it's all plastic. Looks like K Point is giving me a good excuse to upgrade to an All Pro bumper... I'll post pics soon!
where did you get the All Pro bumper from? If you ordered it from online how much for the bumper and shipping? I really want to get one. Did you get lights and the winch to?
Old 01-04-2011, 11:19 PM   #50
Thats what I did with my connector, I'm thinking about avoiding the all pro bumper and just meeting up with Elite Off Road when I move back to Portland this June...

Heres some pics from last sunday!

Old 01-04-2011, 11:34 PM   #51

Quote:
Thats what I did with my connector, I'm thinking about avoiding the all pro bumper and just meeting up with Elite Off Road when I move back to Portland this June...

Heres some pics from last sunday!

nice, have to dig up the pics of my broken tie rod from Peacock flats a few months ago.. That was a challange getting it down from there. Got an invite to go up this weekend think I am gonna take a pass.. Break something everytime I go
Old 01-04-2011, 11:37 PM   #52
Damn how did you break a tie rod? Going a little too fast?
Old 01-05-2011, 12:11 AM   #53

Quote:
Damn how did you break a tie rod? Going a little too fast?
Yup to fast and going up a jeep eater trail, had the wrong angle on the hill. An expesive and very time consuming lesson learned. When are you going out to the point again? You know there is a nice mud field out by your base. Go out the back gate and head toward H-3 its on the left on the old dump road. accross from the high school. Drive that road and its right off the road cannot miss it. there is like 2 ways in that are not blocked off. Looks like fun
Old 01-05-2011, 03:35 PM   #54
Mall Crawler

Marines:
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays2010Taco View Post

That mud hole was nasty during the day. I couldnt even imagine going through it at night and then getting stuck. I know the word "faaack" was said more than a new times.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:40 PM   #55
Ahshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ahshiet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My wife was freaking out because of the mud as well. We dropped into that deep one near the beginning and we did get stuck at first. Started using the gadgets the 4Runner has and we finally got out. You have a good looking truck! Made me miss mine when I saw your wheels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by focotacoma View Post
sorry to thread jack but just got back from hawaii for three weeks....there are some sick trails out there!!!! :0 totally suprised..... anyway you guys are lucky!!!

I think hawaii has more tacomas than ive ever seen before in one place......

I was on maui mostly and i saw this a lot....i know you guys are from oahu but do people over there put like 20 inch tires on tacomas with like 9 inch lifts???? it looks pretty stupid imho
Yup here on Maui we have tons of them
Old 01-05-2011, 09:18 PM   #56
Long time lurker, first time poster.
Nirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Snipe
Name: Kris
Nirvana's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That mud hole was nasty during the day. I couldnt even imagine going through it at night and then getting stuck. I know the word "faaack" was said more than a new times.
X2
Old 01-05-2011, 10:07 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana View Post
X2
Yup it was a mess... It took me a little while to figure out were I was gonna come it at to get a good line to pull him out. When I first showed up I didn't even see the jeeps stuck until I put my head lights toward the hole. It was nasty...
Old 01-13-2011, 08:34 PM   #58

ANY ONE WANNA PLAY IN THE MUD THIS WEEKEND

Any one thinking of heading up to the point this weekend? Let me know I am definately up should be fun with the fresh rain...
Old 01-14-2011, 01:18 AM   #59
Monday or tuesday maybe? Seahawks game is gonna take me out of the picture Sunday and Saturday I have to recover from Tool friday night...
Old 01-16-2011, 09:29 PM   #60

THE POINT IS SICK

Alright went to the point yesterday and it was sick, stuck jeeps and big mud holes. Went through a hole with the water deeper than the doors and didn't get any inside thank god.....Fun times though..