Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

trd exhaust

Old 03-02-2011, 12:32 PM   #1
lovemytacoma is on a distinguished road
lovemytacoma's Tacoma Gallery
trd exhaust

I was interested in getting exhaust installed. Any opinions about the trd exhaust? Any comments would be helpful.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:51 PM   #2
seksilumpia is a glorious beacon of lightseksilumpia is a glorious beacon of lightseksilumpia is a glorious beacon of lightseksilumpia is a glorious beacon of lightseksilumpia is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Brandon
seksilumpia's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemytacoma View Post
I was interested in getting exhaust installed. Any opinions about the trd exhaust? Any comments would be helpful.
i love my TRD exhaust..it add a deeper tone outside and its really nice inside..you can install them yourself,its really easy. it uses all the hangers and rubber things you already have on the truck.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:53 PM   #3
ARC is on a distinguished road
Army: MGS Gunner, 1-27INF 25th ID
Name: Andrew
ARC's Tacoma Gallery
If you end up getting it I'd be curious how much it costs you from Servco or where ever you end up getting it.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:39 PM   #4
servco pacific quoted me $510 plus installation.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:42 PM   #5
ARC's Tacoma Gallery
I see, have you looked into in other sources plus shipping?
Old 03-02-2011, 01:45 PM   #6
Hi-Tech Rednek
::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
::childstoy::'s Tacoma Gallery
Welcome OP....

I bought mine off craigslist for $150 if I can remember correctly. It looked practically new. Took me 20 minutes to install it. Truck sounds great! Its not too loud but certainly more then stock.

I really notice it when Im crusing at about 30 - 35 mph. Has a very nice deep tone.

Some guys on here do some crazy exhaust setups to where you can get alot more sound but for me the TRD was perfect. I dont want to draw too much attention.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:57 PM   #7
ARC's Tacoma Gallery
You might get more info if you put this up in the performance section or something rather than in the thread for the Islands
Old 03-02-2011, 01:58 PM   #8
RLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
RLDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
I've had mine about 6 months. Paid $470. and installed it myself. Took about an hour to install. It has a nice tone as said above and will not dround out your radio. It is perfect for what I wanted.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:36 PM   #9
Indian Shifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndian Shifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndian Shifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndian Shifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndian Shifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndian Shifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndian Shifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndian Shifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndian Shifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndian Shifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndian Shifter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ashil
Indian Shifter's Tacoma Gallery
there is a vendor on here that has it for cheaper..much cheaper..with a TW promo code...just search the site
Old 03-02-2011, 08:48 PM   #10
Indian Shifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndian Shifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndian Shifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndian Shifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndian Shifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndian Shifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndian Shifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndian Shifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndian Shifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndian Shifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndian Shifter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ashil
Indian Shifter's Tacoma Gallery
http://shoptrd.com

free shiping
Old 03-02-2011, 10:23 PM   #12
Me l've got brains.
island808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jedediah
island808's Tacoma Gallery
It doesn't sound bad... and I'm very critical of them. Hate a v6 with an exhaust.

I'd pick one up, but once its on, its on, no volume knob for when you're coming home late or want to turn down the highway drone.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:24 PM   #13
Me l've got brains.
island808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jedediah
island808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Shifter View Post
http://shoptrd.com

free shiping
So, you know this is the hawaii forum right? No one is shipping an exhaust out here for free.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:27 PM   #14
militaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to behold

militaco's Tacoma Gallery
I went to Exhaust Systems Hawaii.....i wanted it not as loud too, so i went with a Borla.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:21 PM   #15
If i got trd exhaust installed, would i need to get recon? will it pass safety check? any info is appreciated.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:28 PM   #16
Socal Tacoma
boopie is on a distinguished road

Navy:
Name: Ramon
boopie's Tacoma Gallery
I love my trd exhaust. Not to loud on the freeway. Great when stepping on the accelator with pick up speed and noise. Don't have anyone install it, just do it yourself. All you need is a jack and jack stands. Its that simple. Ofcourse your metric tools and a can of WD40 for the rubber hangers
Old 03-04-2011, 05:29 PM   #17
JHTreyIII is just really niceJHTreyIII is just really niceJHTreyIII is just really niceJHTreyIII is just really niceJHTreyIII is just really nice

Name: Trey
JHTreyIII's Tacoma Gallery
Recon? What do you mean? I have the TRD and love it because it doesn't sound like a rice rocket. Good looking tip included too, super easy to install.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:37 PM   #18
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
I like my TRD exhaust. Wouldn't mind if it were a little louder but I like it. Hear it when you get on it and quiet other times. The the exhaust tip looks really good too.

I guess perhaps stuff costs more on the islands, here the price from the dealer includes installation. If they're quoting you 510 plus installation I guess it's different there.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:24 AM   #19
ARC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemytacoma View Post
If i got trd exhaust installed, would i need to get recon? will it pass safety check? any info is appreciated.
recon won't be needed and honestly no one will ever probably notice it during saftey check. but you are good because it is a factory add on item. 50 states legal still considered OEM.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:37 AM   #20
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by island808 View Post
It doesn't sound bad... and I'm very critical of them. Hate a v6 with an exhaust.

I'd pick one up, but once its on, its on, no volume knob for when you're coming home late or want to turn down the highway drone.
The TRD exhaust is one of the quieter ones out. Only makes a mild grumble, unless you get on it, then its still not obtrusive. I dont think its much louder than the factory exhaust on my Dodge..