Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

license plate covers

Old 03-06-2011, 05:26 PM   #1
lovemytacoma is on a distinguished road
lovemytacoma's Tacoma Gallery
doesn anyone know if you can get pulled over this?
Old 03-06-2011, 06:50 PM   #4
This is my derpawayinator!!!!!
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NelsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Old 03-06-2011, 07:02 PM   #6
He who walk with a Cane
CoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gramps
CoTacoTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Don't get one in Colorado. Trust me I know how much they will cost you when you get pulled over for one.
Old 03-06-2011, 07:05 PM   #7
Subd for later..
TacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luis
TacoRun's Tacoma Gallery
Old 03-06-2011, 07:19 PM   #9
cb0913 is a splendid one to beholdcb0913 is a splendid one to beholdcb0913 is a splendid one to beholdcb0913 is a splendid one to beholdcb0913 is a splendid one to beholdcb0913 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Chris
cb0913's Tacoma Gallery
Old 03-09-2011, 03:40 AM   #10
Senility Rocks!
MurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Murph
MurphMan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemytacoma View Post
You should ask a cop in your area.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:24 AM   #11
MURDERED_TACO
nick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud of

nick's Tacoma Gallery
just passed a new law in nc, tag frame, tag cover, etc. you will get a ticket. i had to retire my tinted tag cover. ive used it for years
Old 03-12-2011, 01:02 AM   #12
Me l've got brains.
island808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jedediah
island808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphMan View Post
You should ask a cop in your area.
There are no cops in the area. You really REALLY have to ask a senior police officer, desk guy. The patrolmen are rarely more knowledgable than you or I beyond what they normally ticket. Speed, paperwork out of date. I know the head dispatcher, they patrolmen are always calling in trying to ask the dispatchers to look stuff up for them.

I have had covers on my wife's car for 4 years. CLEAR ones, tinted are definitely illegal in all 50. Clear may be, but you won't get pulled over for it in hawaii. Though if you get pulled over for being a jackass, they might just find more stuff to write up if they can.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:39 AM   #13
raycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant future

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
clear you are good to go... but even a very dirty clear one can get you a ticket..
Old 03-12-2011, 09:48 AM   #14
kd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rocky
kd8awe's Tacoma Gallery
Cops here give out ticketts for SNOW covering the plate. I know 3 people that have been on the receiving end.
Old 03-12-2011, 07:24 PM   #15
BORN AND RAISED MAUI BOY
numbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kahai
numbah57's Tacoma Gallery
I have no front plate and a tinted cover on the rear one. No problems yet...(fingers crossed).
Old 03-12-2011, 07:53 PM   #16
MURDERED_TACO
nick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud ofnick has much to be proud of

nick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by numbah57 View Post
I have no front plate and a tinted cover on the rear one. No problems yet...(fingers crossed).
yeah ive ran a tinted tag cover ever since ive been driving. every day seeing troopers pullin other cars over for this, i removed mine. i didnt want to give them another reason to pull me. they would have a feild day!!
Old 03-13-2011, 03:01 AM   #17
Me l've got brains.
island808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

They have cops on maui?
They're few and far between on oahu, and mostly just nappin off in some cul-de-sac
Old 03-13-2011, 01:08 PM   #18
BORN AND RAISED MAUI BOY
numbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kahai
numbah57's Tacoma Gallery
Yah, maui has a couple cops. They're pretty ticket happy too.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:15 PM   #19
Me l've got brains.

yea, they'll give out tickets, but only to meet their quota here. Speed traps pretty much the only thing they do. I hear they do a lot of domestic calls too.
I mean who could cop when you're working 40 hours a week flagging traffic around construction sites on your days off.
Old 03-22-2011, 01:38 AM   #20
Lovelyn1 is on a distinguished road
Name: Danalyn
Lovelyn1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemytacoma View Post

ok, well i can't see any picture on what your asking, but assuming your talking about the tinted license plate covers (yes?)....I have always run those on my cars....NEVER got a ticket for it and I've had cops stop me for speeding but not once did they ever say anything about my tinted covers.....didn't even know they gave out tickets for that.....i know that if you don't have a front license they'll question n tell u to put it on......but hell, i say jus run it......