Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

Repair shops

Old 05-25-2011, 09:53 AM   #1
happyb has a spectacular aura abouthappyb has a spectacular aura about
Name: Brandon
happyb's Tacoma Gallery
Repair shops

just the other day my truck started to squeak really bad. the worse was when i am in reverse but it also squeaks going slow going forward. it seems to me like it's the brakes, but i'm no mechanic. can anyone recommend a good shop to get work done at? mahalos.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:28 PM   #2
My Toys.....
TRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to all

Name: TRDGRL
TRDGRL's Tacoma Gallery
Take it to the dealer if its under warranty......
Old 05-25-2011, 03:10 PM   #3
happyb's Tacoma Gallery
don't got warranty anymore
Old 05-26-2011, 03:32 AM   #4
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
squeaks...like only when you step on the brakes? or all the time? is it noticeably worse over bumps or consistent?

when's the last time you replaced the brakes? fronts should be around every 30k ish (+ or- depending on how you drive), rears around 60K ish

i know the drum brakes in the back tend to squeal at times, especially if they are left wet (if you wash your truck n don't drive it for awhile after)

can you isolate where the noise itself is coming from? like front or rear?
Old 05-26-2011, 04:07 PM   #5
happyb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedlesbrmstkbass View Post
squeaks...like only when you step on the brakes? or all the time? is it noticeably worse over bumps or consistent?

when's the last time you replaced the brakes? fronts should be around every 30k ish (+ or- depending on how you drive), rears around 60K ish

i know the drum brakes in the back tend to squeal at times, especially if they are left wet (if you wash your truck n don't drive it for awhile after)

can you isolate where the noise itself is coming from? like front or rear?

it's not all the time, but usually when i'm at low speeds coming to a stop and reversing. i get the squeaking noise when i turn my truck at low speeds. seems like i gotta check my lower ball joints and steering.

i just hit a little over 60k miles, so i know it's time to do my brakes. i'm surprised my brakes have been pretty good for this long.

the shitty thing is the noise is front and back. i feel pretty embarassed to drive my truck during traffic cause it makes soo much noise. i plan to get it checked out next week since i can use my mom's car while she's away for work.
Old 05-27-2011, 02:45 AM   #6
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyb View Post
it's not all the time, but usually when i'm at low speeds coming to a stop and reversing. i get the squeaking noise when i turn my truck at low speeds. seems like i gotta check my lower ball joints and steering.

i just hit a little over 60k miles, so i know it's time to do my brakes. i'm surprised my brakes have been pretty good for this long.

the shitty thing is the noise is front and back. i feel pretty embarassed to drive my truck during traffic cause it makes soo much noise. i plan to get it checked out next week since i can use my mom's car while she's away for work.
yeah make sure they check the tie rod bushings and the ball joints. sounds like the back might be the leafs. your lifted right? AAL?
Old 05-27-2011, 02:48 AM   #7
Is there a long john silvers on the island?
TurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TurfTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyb View Post

My brakes have 125k on them and my shop told me I have plenty of pad left
Old 05-31-2011, 04:53 AM   #8
ShaydenandDiezel is on a distinguished road

Army: Mechanic
ShaydenandDiezel's Tacoma Gallery
Could just be brake dust or maybe a rock stuck in one of the pads. If it's a rock it is usually pretty loud squeaking. It also gives the effect as if it is more then one rotor squeaking. If your lifted and you have over size tires or just wider tires or rims, check your front wheel bearings. Good luck.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:34 PM   #9
happyb's Tacoma Gallery
wheel i just put on new rims/tires so i have to get an alignment done. i'll just ask wherever i go to check it out.