LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

Moved to Oahu

Old 08-19-2011, 12:23 AM   #1
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Moved to Oahu

So I've finally moved to Oahu to go to Manoa...

Being Big Island born, I'm a total Oahu noob. I usually hit this place up around 5 times a year but don't know the local secrets.

What's good for a poor college student to do?

Might be shipping my truck up later, but RECONS SUCH A BITCH!
Old 08-19-2011, 01:15 AM   #2
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
So I've finally moved to Oahu to go to Manoa...

Being Big Island born, I'm a total Oahu noob. I usually hit this place up around 5 times a year but don't know the local secrets.

What's good for a poor college student to do?

Might be shipping my truck up later, but RECONS SUCH A BITCH!
Na Recon is easy. What are you worried about failing on it?

As long as you have your tires covered by something and your alignment is good your going to pass. They don't check tint anymore on trucks.
Old 08-19-2011, 01:25 AM   #3
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalamaKid View Post
Na Recon is easy. What are you worried about failing on it?

As long as you have your tires covered by something and your alignment is good your going to pass. They don't check tint anymore on trucks.

Just gonna have to change out my corners and blinkers... and my alignment isnt exactly to spec.

Parking around campus sucks too. just the little things are killing it
Old 08-19-2011, 01:28 AM   #4
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Yeah the blinker bull shit sucks man. But you could always borrow some from someone for a day and get the sticker. As for alignment its just $80 from Scotty's brake and alignment in Aiea and you'll be good to go. He's a chill dude and will set your truck right!
Old 08-19-2011, 01:32 AM   #6

Quote:
Yeah the blinker bull shit sucks man. But you could always borrow some from someone for a day and get the sticker. As for alignment its just $80 from Scotty's brake and alignment in Aiea and you'll be good to go. He's a chill dude and will set your truck right!
I kept my stock ones, gotta ship em over sometime- but I never changed UCA's so even with an alignment its not exactly to spec....a friend I have here told me they're bitches about that. Are they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedlesbrmstkbass View Post
ahh fuck recon. no need.

so you were one of the kids causing traffic at UH this week? lol
eh. I moved in early and skipped all the traffic.
I thought I saw your truck on campus! A slammed white 2nd gen reg cab...

Edit:
I saw your truck! haha
Old 08-19-2011, 01:37 AM   #7
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
I kept my stock ones, gotta ship em over sometime- but I never changed UCA's so even with an alignment its not exactly to spec....a friend I have here told me they're bitches about that. Are they?

eh. I moved in early and skipped all the traffic.
I thought I saw your truck on campus! A slammed white 2nd gen reg cab... but had too many stickers and stuff. You got one biter! haha
lol where'd u see it? too many stickers? lol my truck has choke stickers on it...like the back window and in the bed?

i know there's another white single cab that comes by once in awhile...ken's truck has 19's tho and no stickers and he's way lower than me haha.
Old 08-19-2011, 01:40 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedlesbrmstkbass View Post
lol where'd u see it? too many stickers? lol my truck has choke stickers on it...like the back window and in the bed?

i know there's another white single cab that comes by once in awhile...ken's truck has 19's tho and no stickers and he's way lower than me haha.
ah, you saw that before the edit haha

I looked at your build thread but only the earlier pics, didnt look at the last pages- You park up by laulima yeah?
Old 08-19-2011, 01:41 AM   #9
as long as you can get your alignment within the limits given from the factory you'll be good. You have a few degrees to play with.
Old 08-19-2011, 01:43 AM   #10

Quote:
as long as you can get your alignment within the limits given from the factory you'll be good. You have a few degrees to play with.
alright....once I get used to parking Ill probably send it up.
Old 08-19-2011, 01:48 AM   #12

my bro was moving in there so I was helping him move. I'm at lehua...

on the BI I never spotted another TW taco. Mission accomplished.
Old 08-19-2011, 01:52 AM   #14

I'll keep my eye out...

HOPEFULLY I'll have mine up here if I can score a permit, and actually go to a damn meet/cruise thing
Old 08-19-2011, 01:59 AM   #15
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
haha for sure. your best bet would be to find an upperclassman that doesn't drive and have them get a pass for you. Otherwise, if you have a job off campus you can apply for zone 22 (hawaiian studies) or usually there are permits available for everyone up at astronomy, but that's hella far.