Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

Wheeling in Hawaii??

Old 09-15-2011, 01:20 AM   #1
TACOsupremacy is on a distinguished road

Name: Gaven
TACOsupremacy's Tacoma Gallery
Wheeling in Hawaii??

OAHU residence!!! where do you go to play?? My truck is ready and so am I...

PICS would be niiice
Old 09-15-2011, 01:34 AM   #3

Well welcome to oahu brah,

But yeah i was in the street scene and gor bored so here i am, Kaena point looks fun from youtube and i heard theres a gate at peacock flats and locked so yeh idk much haha
Old 09-15-2011, 01:40 AM   #4
tacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomtn's Tacoma Gallery
I wish I were back in HI. You bruddahs are lucky.

Last I heard, the only legal place is Kaena Point. And even then the rangers prefer wheelers to stay on the main road and not wheel near the makai side. As you know, HI's flora and fauna are very fragile.

Peacocks Flats near Kaena Point has off-road trails but I believe only military with special access can get in.

I'm sure other locals will chime in.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:46 AM   #5

Man so limited yeah? My friend told me about cambell industrial area, he said its all sand. He showed me couple of his old vids, low tide can climb on reef

salt water very bad ha!
Old 09-15-2011, 02:01 AM   #6
Taco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant future
Name: j
Taco4Fish's Tacoma Gallery
Its not Legal to "offroad" in kaena you are allowed to drive in and check out the scenery and park and hike in to the light house. And also because of all the abuse kaena point is getting from the mud bogging to mountain climbing to sand dunes damage, there will now be a designated MAIN road with turns to access the ocean. Any one caught "OFF" the main road will face fines and tickets. This happened because of all the troubles and damages caused by "offroading"

Come on guys we need to help Kaena point and respect it so in the future we can still be able to take out keki's "kids" in and show them a natural undeveloped land.

Spots you can go-
Sand box in sand island its a park built for 4x4
Peacock flats you need a permit but anyone can fill it out and get access, there is all kinds of trails some are nuts.

TREAD LIGHTLY!!
Old 09-15-2011, 02:06 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco4Fish View Post
Its not Legal to "offroad" in kaena you are allowed to drive in and check out the scenery and park and hike in to the light house. And also because of all the abuse kaena point is getting from the mud bogging to mountain climbing to sand dunes damage, there will now be a designated MAIN road with turns to access the ocean. Any one caught "OFF" the main road will face fines and tickets. This happened because of all the troubles and damages caused by "offroading"

Come on guys we need to help Kaena point and respect it so in the future we can still be able to take out keki's "kids" in and show them a natural undeveloped land.

Spots you can go-
Sand box in sand island its a park built for 4x4
Peacock flats you need a permit but anyone can fill it out and get access, there is all kinds of trails some are nuts.

TREAD LIGHTLY!!
Damn, its almost like no need lift your truck already, cant even have a free decent day of fun with your truck...

But I herd of bellows?? Is over there okay? Or military will just kick you out?
Old 09-15-2011, 02:08 AM   #8
tacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomtn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

TREAD LIGHTLY!!
It's about time they do this. Its so sad to see Hawaii being torn up li' dat. Think Iz's "Hawaii '78."
Old 09-15-2011, 02:09 AM   #9
Taco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant future
Peacock flats is your best bet so far just sign up for the camping permit then go explore, now days more and more land will be shut down, it just seems like the government is trying to fuck us over with public access. Or sand box which is located in sand island, thats some stuff you'll need tires/lift and everything.

Bellows long time ago could rambo on the sand and stuff, now the militaries will catch you. They stepped up patrol alot due to all the alcohol incidents.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:11 AM   #10

tacomtn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOsupremacy View Post
But I herd of bellows?? Is over there okay? Or military will just kick you out?
Don't know of any offroad trails there. But wherever you go, be 100% it's legal. A friend of mine was caught at Allens, near Makapuu, and was arrested. They no mess around.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:14 AM   #11

tacomtn's Tacoma Gallery
Iz's "Hawaii '78"..

If just for a day our king and queen
would visit all these islands and saw everything
How would they 'bout the changing of our land
Could you just imagine if they were around
and saw highways on their sacred grounds
How would they feel if they 'bout this modern city life

Tears would come from each others eyes as
they would stop to realize
that our people are in great, great danger now

How would they feel
would their smiles be content
rather then cry
cry for the gods, cry for the people
cry for the lands that were taken away
and in it you'll find Hawaii

Could you just imagine if they came back
and saw traffic lights and railroad tracks
How would they feel about this modern city life
Tears would come from each others eyes as
they would stop to realize
that our land is in great, great danger now

All of the fighting that the king had done
to conquer all these islands
now there's condominiums
How would he feel if saw Hawaii now

How would he feel
would his smiles be content
rather then cry
cry for the gods, cry for the people
cry for the lands that were taken away
and in it you'll find Hawaii

UA MAU KE EA O KA ‘AINA I KA PONO O HAWAI’I
Old 09-15-2011, 02:16 AM   #12

Quote:
Peacock flats is your best bet so far just sign up for the camping permit then go explore, now days more and more land will be shut down, it just seems like the government is trying to fuck us over with public access. Or sand box which is located in sand island, thats some stuff you'll need tires/lift and everything.

Bellows long time ago could rambo on the sand and stuff, now the militaries will catch you. They stepped up patrol alot due to all the alcohol incidents.
Nah lift, tires is no worriez. Ill go check out this sandbox place, is there like a gate or gotta check in??

So what about this cambells place?? Herd of that, get like one light house and stuff too, popular fishing spot...i think??
Old 09-15-2011, 02:19 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomtn View Post
Don't know of any offroad trails there. But wherever you go, be 100% it's legal. A friend of mine was caught at Allens, near Makapuu, and was arrested. They no mess around.
SAAAYYY WHAAAT?? damn man i no like go already jus sell my truck..sked for go anywhere already hahaha
Old 09-15-2011, 02:21 AM   #14
I think your talking about driving in cambell then cutting through this opening the fishing spot is feed lot which is way more down. There is a law that prohibits driving on the sand I don't know it exactly but I know of a few guys who drove in to cambell and DLNR made them move there vehicles out of there.

I think they just open for event and stuff, here's the facebook page check out the pics- https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sandb...21949244521272
Old 09-15-2011, 02:23 AM   #15

Sad, get choke trucks too, lifted for looks only

No wonder
Old 09-15-2011, 02:25 AM   #16

Quote:
I think your talking about driving in cambell then cutting through this opening the fishing spot is feed lot which is way more down. There is a law that prohibits driving on the sand I don't know it exactly but I know of a few guys who drove in to cambell and DLNR made them move there vehicles out of there.

I think they just open for event and stuff, here's the facebook page check out the pics- https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sandb...21949244521272
Shootz, ill look around...thanks for answers man
Old 09-15-2011, 03:26 PM   #17
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
TREAD LIGHTLY!!
I hadnt known about all the damage going on.

sandbox....Now I need to ship my truck forshua
Old 09-15-2011, 08:43 PM   #18

tacomtn's Tacoma Gallery
Lifted trucks looks unreal for shuz, but yeah only for looks, not function. Sad yeah, but no where fo drive 'em offroad.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:05 PM   #19
U no kea but AINOFEA!
kauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 66H now w/ PHS
kauaibuilt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOsupremacy View Post
Man so limited yeah? My friend told me about cambell industrial area, he said its all sand. He showed me couple of his old vids, low tide can climb on reef

salt water very bad ha!
4x'ing on reef? WTF?

Like a couple other guys said gotta respect the land and when people dont thats why this shit gets locked down. Same here in SOCAL w/ shooting and offroad areas. No respect...

Sad everytime I go back home and see everything torn up.

Tread lightly