Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

Old 09-16-2011, 04:13 AM   #1
trdsport808 is a name known to alltrdsport808 is a name known to alltrdsport808 is a name known to alltrdsport808 is a name known to alltrdsport808 is a name known to alltrdsport808 is a name known to all
trdsport808's Tacoma Gallery

Sup guys, I am a relatively new member to tacomaworld. I was on here about a year ago when I had my 2010 tacoma sport, but haven't been on much since I sold it. But just picked up a black 2011 tacoma sport from servco today, so I'm back on here.

I noticed that most guys went to T&T tinting for their trucks. Any other recommendations for tint shops? And rough estimate of how much you paid (if you don't mind). I want to tint my truck 5% all around, but want to make sure I am getting a good price. Thanks guys
Old 09-16-2011, 11:33 AM   #2
happyb has a spectacular aura abouthappyb has a spectacular aura about
Name: Brandon
happyb's Tacoma Gallery
tintwerks, forgot how much i paid cause it was done 5 yrs ago
Old 09-16-2011, 11:52 AM   #3
alinkapo is on a distinguished road
Navy: Retired Submarine Chief
Name: AL
alinkapo's Tacoma Gallery
tintzone in Kalihi was okay and fast

not sure on 5% but to put 35% all around was 150 last month...tint was real good took around 30 minutes for 4 guys to do it.

just check truck over before and after...I never said anything but I think I got a small scratch in the plastic of the front pasenger door from them...but it could have been there when I got the truck new a couple days before and never noticed it. But checking should be done with any shop.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:03 PM   #4
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
Al`s is pretty good, i dont know if hes still in Waimalu anymore but he always gave me deals, nice guy too!
Old 09-16-2011, 07:02 PM   #5
ShaydenandDiezel is on a distinguished road

Army: Mechanic
ShaydenandDiezel's Tacoma Gallery
I went Al's. He is still in Waimalu. Nice guy, great work. I have taken 7 cars and trucks there of my own. Never had any problem, and he give warranty. I just got my 94 silverado extra cab done. I tinted the back 5%, 35% on the doors and the windshield 50%. I paid $280 an its a full size truck. I don't remember how much my taco was. Cheap work isn't good and good work isn't cheap
Old 09-17-2011, 12:10 AM   #6
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaydenandDiezel View Post
I went Al's. He is still in Waimalu. Nice guy, great work. I have taken 7 cars and trucks there of my own. Never had any problem, and he give warranty. I just got my 94 silverado extra cab done. I tinted the back 5%, 35% on the doors and the windshield 50%. I paid $280 an its a full size truck. I don't remember how much my taco was. Cheap work isn't good and good work isn't cheap
X2, he does good shit over there!
Old 09-17-2011, 06:22 AM   #7
808TUNDA is a name known to all808TUNDA is a name known to all808TUNDA is a name known to all808TUNDA is a name known to all808TUNDA is a name known to all808TUNDA is a name known to all
Name: D
808TUNDA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
rahjah dat! He did 4 of my cars/trucks and all came out solid!

The shop's not there anymore. Someone told me he moved near Pearl Kai area.
Old 09-17-2011, 11:44 AM   #8

Yeah he is across Anna Millers in Pearl City, before Pearl Kai shopping center, after HomeWorld furniture.They share a building with Lex Brodies. Perfect, they tint your truck an can sit in Lex Brodies an watch Sport Center.
Old 09-18-2011, 12:27 AM   #9
DMS is a splendid one to beholdDMS is a splendid one to beholdDMS is a splendid one to beholdDMS is a splendid one to beholdDMS is a splendid one to beholdDMS is a splendid one to beholdDMS is a splendid one to behold
DMS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigahshark View Post
X2, he does good shit over there!
X3...yep Al's does great work. I think I paid about $530 for 35% Panorama HiLite tint all the way around. Expensive....supposedly better than Huper Optik...but I think you get what you pay for. They did a perfect job with no imperfections and no damage. Which is more than I can say for the other big name place.
Old 09-18-2011, 12:28 AM   #10
Senior NEWBIE

Quote:
Yeah he is across Anna Millers in Pearl City, before Pearl Kai shopping center, after HomeWorld furniture.They share a building with Lex Brodies. Perfect, they tint your truck an can sit in Lex Brodies an watch Sport Center.
Oh ok, before he was next to Coral fish Hawaii and the old Maui off road!
Old 09-18-2011, 12:30 AM   #11
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
Old 09-18-2011, 12:36 AM   #12
bailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ex-navy, IT Contractor
Name: Cody
bailerc's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome back!
Old 09-18-2011, 03:03 PM   #13

Yea I remember that. I drove past the other day, even Maui Offroad moved. Look like everyone just left it abandoned.