Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

Recon ? regarding headlights

Old 10-05-2011, 02:21 PM   #1
Mr. Feeny is on a distinguished road
Mr. Feeny's Tacoma Gallery
Recon ? regarding headlights

Is it illegal to have your turn signal lenses and parking light lenses tinted yellow? Thanks in advance.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:22 PM   #4
Mr. Feeny is on a distinguished road
Mr. Feeny's Tacoma Gallery
I only ask because I've been considering picking these up. I already have recon and I don't want any hassles. I've had too many encounters with 5-0 in the past from the other cars I've had.

Old 10-05-2011, 06:07 PM   #6
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianAnts View Post
I was wondering if those were yours!

They shouldn't be illegal... I don't know how a cop would be able to tell if the reflector is tinted yellow or if it's the amber color reflecting from the bulb. I don't know about HI but I painted mine completely white (including where that set is tinted yellow) and have not had any run ins with 5.0.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:43 AM   #7
2 is 1, 1 is none.
StaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to behold

Army: HIARNG
Name: Mitch
StaticTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Do it, its not that hard to swap out headlights, just that one damn screw... but i think you shouldn't have a problem with HPD. maybe when you go for safety check? but yeah i highly doubt they'll even really check it.
Old 10-07-2011, 01:04 AM   #9
TACOsupremacy is on a distinguished road

Name: Gaven
TACOsupremacy's Tacoma Gallery
Nah pick um up bro...they hardley even bother with tacomas, unless you crazy lifted or something. I drive town everyday and no one bother me..i dont even have amber lenses in my headlights, i get the clear ones. I have blacked out tint and everything, drive with my windows up right next to them..still no bother. JUS GRAB IT haha
Old 10-07-2011, 01:09 AM   #10
TACOsupremacy is on a distinguished road

Name: Gaven
TACOsupremacy's Tacoma Gallery
My friend has been running his headlights with this exact set up for a while now...no police bother him ever...he has a swb X-runner
Old 10-07-2011, 11:05 PM   #11
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
Since you already have that stupid stick(recon) i dont see a problem since cops are looking for other important things, but like someone said above it also depends on the policeman's mood, but really..... i dont see a problem. Clear corners and blue tint/lights/bulbs are the ones that are really noticeable and will guaranty get you BUSTED, it did for me. I had a F150 with the front Ford logo lighted blue and i got pulled over in Waikiki, pulled me over and asked about the light and he just gave me a ticket for the light, never take away my recon or have me scrape it off so you should be safe and wont loose it even IF they pull you over for the lens