Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

Moving

Old 11-22-2011, 04:29 PM   #1
2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: FC1(SW)
Name: Beau
2kool4school's Tacoma Gallery
Moving

Hey guys,
I am about to get Orders to Pearl Harbor, I wanted to know if anyone could give me some good sound advise as to where is a good place to live. Would rather a house/town house, 3 of us. I would like to not spend more than BAH for E6. Thanks in advance guys.
Old 11-24-2011, 12:50 AM   #2
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kool4school View Post
Hey guys,
I am about to get Orders to Pearl Harbor, I wanted to know if anyone could give me some good sound advise as to where is a good place to live. Would rather a house/town house, 3 of us. I would like to not spend more than BAH for E6. Thanks in advance guys.

um, im confused? lol
Old 11-24-2011, 12:54 AM   #3
Taco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Dependent, pops was a Major
Name: Alex
Taco505's Tacoma Gallery
im assuming what the military allows an E6 rank for housing allowance....wish i could help but i have no clue about the little rock in the ocean but good luck!
Old 11-24-2011, 05:49 AM   #7
2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed
yeah sorry bout that I would like to spend no more than 2385 on rent. House would be awesome but what is a good area?
Old 11-24-2011, 11:20 AM   #8
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
You could probably rent up Aiea Heights for that amount, you might even get a house with a good view up there, plus its a older subdivision so your neighbors would be older and less trouble makers.

Or you could rent in Pearl city, Pearl city get choke places to rent, they got apartments, town homes and houses

Salt Lake is pretty good to, they`re a lot of apartments but in the valley(Moanalua) theres houses also

Theres also Waimalu and Palasades, all the places i just mentioned are all close to Pearl Harbor
Old 11-24-2011, 02:00 PM   #9
right on thanks for the info
Old 11-24-2011, 07:01 PM   #10
Would it be worth it to go to my local Dealer and get the undercoating done before we come to the Island?
Old 12-24-2011, 01:05 PM   #11
Long time lurker, first time poster.
Nirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Snipe
Name: Kris
Nirvana's Tacoma Gallery
Honestly I haven't ever undercoated. I touched up with POR 15 after I had my sliders welded on and everything is pretty good except for some minor rust.
Old 12-24-2011, 01:09 PM   #12
right on, Thanks for the info. Didn't want to go waste my money
Old 12-24-2011, 01:12 PM   #13
Long time lurker, first time poster.
Nirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Snipe
Name: Kris
Nirvana's Tacoma Gallery
I've seen a lot of the Canadian/northern States guys do it religiously but I've also heard a lot of people did it on the 1st gens only to have their rusted out frames bought back by Toyota. Not sure if it even creeps any deeper than what you can paint or spray on yourself anyway. Salt air isn't too bad unless your at the beach with quite a bit of wave action/wind.
Old 12-24-2011, 03:16 PM   #14
right on well hopefully sitting at the pier it won't be to bad. I wouldn't think it could be much worse than here at the Norfolk piers. I hope to do some wheeling while I'm there though. Might need to get some sliders instead of my stainless steps.
Old 12-27-2011, 12:33 AM   #15
Jays2010Taco is on a distinguished road

Navy: DCC
Name: Jay
Jays2010Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kool4school View Post
right on well hopefully sitting at the pier it won't be to bad. I wouldn't think it could be much worse than here at the Norfolk piers. I hope to do some wheeling while I'm there though. Might need to get some sliders instead of my stainless steps.
I would get Salt Lake, been stationed in PH since 02, Pearl City, and anything else going West is cheaper and you can get a house, but traffic going that way after work is horrible. Salt Lake is Central and close to pretty much everything. Also if I were you I would get sliders, bumpers and anything else you would like to up grade before you leave state side, hard to get things shipped out here. Also if you want a house and dont mind the older ones, there are older Military houses in Salt Lake/Aiea area that dont take all of your BAH, so you have a house car port and they dont take all of your BAH.
Old 12-27-2011, 09:58 AM   #16
3boyztaco is on a distinguished road

3boyztaco's Tacoma Gallery
Salt Lake, Moanalua, Aiea have military homes that have been renovated over the last couple of years. Also, those areas have older homes that might be in your renting price range. Be aware of the RECONSTRUCTION law for vehicles. Can be a pain in the butt!
Old 12-27-2011, 05:53 PM   #17
thanks for the info guys. Another question has come about, what is the best way to get between islands? Will it be possible to grab a ferry and take my truck with me?
Old 12-27-2011, 06:10 PM   #18
ShaydenandDiezel is on a distinguished road

Army: Mechanic
ShaydenandDiezel's Tacoma Gallery
Fly or buy a boat. They discontinued the ferry.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:22 PM   #19
gotcha, hope there is some good wheelin on Oahu then
Old 12-27-2011, 08:40 PM   #20
NUB
Tacovette is on a distinguished road

Navy: Retired
Name: Eddie
Tacovette's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Tacovette
From your pics it looks like you truck is pretty much stock you shouldn't have a problem with normal safety inspection. You shouldn't need a recon. I didn't see rear mud flaps, you will need those.
As far as housing you'll need to wait until you get here and see. Traffic is bad but it really depends on your work hours. They have my shop coming in at 0530 just cause parking is bad but we get off at 1400 so traffic isn't bad.