Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

Looking To Buy A Tacoma 4X4

Old 12-30-2011, 09:19 PM   #1
STOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to all
STOCKTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Looking To Buy A Tacoma 4X4

Just want to ask if you guys can help me out. Im looking for a Tacoma 4X4 on Oahu ( Yeah, I know its super hard to find a good one). But I figured I would try on here.

1st option. First gen 96-04 Tacoma, 4X4, 5-Speed, 3RZ 4 Cyl, under 100K miles.

2nd option. 00-04 Tacoma, 4X4, 5-Speed, 3.4 V-6, TRD Off Road, with under 75K miles.

3rd option. 05-11 Tacoma, 4X4, 6-Speed, extended cab, TRD Off Road package gotta have low mileage also.

I know its gonna be real hard to find any of these but maybe someone out there know of one for sale and can help me out.

Mahalos
Old 01-01-2012, 03:07 PM   #3
ShaydenandDiezel is on a distinguished road

Army: Mechanic
ShaydenandDiezel's Tacoma Gallery
I sell you my 2010 4x4 6 speed extra cab 6xxx miles already built. TRD sport. Truck is already built. Rims, tires, lift, exhaust, tint, sounds, headers, intake, indash touch screen dvd, URD Y pipe, Urd o2 sensor simulator. Make me a serious offer.
Old 01-01-2012, 04:28 PM   #4
STOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaydenandDiezel View Post
I sell you my 2010 4x4 6 speed extra cab 6xxx miles already built. TRD sport. Truck is already built. Rims, tires, lift, exhaust, tint, sounds, headers, intake, indash touch screen dvd, URD Y pipe, Urd o2 sensor simulator. Make me a serious offer.
I really want a TRD Off Road. Plus, a truck with a 6 inch lift on 20s wont fit in my garage.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:00 PM   #5
dmicgrif is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard: EM2, CG STATION MAUI
Name: mike
dmicgrif's Tacoma Gallery
i have a 2005 trd sport 4x4 double cab long bed 95,xxx miles.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:01 PM   #6
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I go with the 2nd option.
Old 01-07-2012, 08:07 PM   #7
Still looking, I would even consider an 05 and up Reg Cab 4X4
Old 01-10-2012, 12:43 AM   #8
tacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomtn's Tacoma Gallery
IDK. Why 4x4 on Oahu? Kaena is the only legal place left and that might be soon off-limits too. Is it worth it?
Old 01-16-2012, 12:14 PM   #9

Kaena is illegal also bro. My buddy just got his first $250 fine for driving off the path. You can drive in there on the main path with a 2 wheel drive no problem. Once you leave the path is when they cam legally get you. Also depends on the mode they are in. I myself went off the path infront of DLNR an he left me alone. I think it was because he was watching the seal on the beach. Making sure no one messes with it.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:27 PM   #10
TACOsupremacy is on a distinguished road

Name: Gaven
TACOsupremacy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Kaena is illegal also bro. My buddy just got his first $250 fine for driving off the path. You can drive in there on the main path with a 2 wheel drive no problem. Once you leave the path is when they cam legally get you. Also depends on the mode they are in. I myself went off the path infront of DLNR an he left me alone. I think it was because he was watching the seal on the beach. Making sure no one messes with it.
Theres two paths, up on top and the one on the bottom..the one on the bottom is more fun and you can play around. DLNR seen me and my friend playing around OFF the bottom trail trying to climb a hill . I guess it depends whose working??
Old 01-16-2012, 10:32 PM   #11

Yea I know the 2 paths. I live up the road from Kaena. You probably right. It depends who is working an what mood they in.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:21 PM   #12
Jays2010Taco is on a distinguished road

Navy: DCC
Name: Jay
Jays2010Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yea I know the 2 paths. I live up the road from Kaena. You probably right. It depends who is working an what mood they in.
I think peacock flats is the best place, been a while since I have been up there mabye its time to get a Toyota cruz and head up for a BBQ did one about a year or so ago had about 10 trucks turn out it was a pretty good time.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:31 PM   #13
tacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomtn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I thought they would eventually make it off limits, and well they should, as much as I like wheeling too. Kaena is one of the few pristine places left to go with little/no tourists. Especially past the rock wall, just beautiful back there.

With Peacock Flats being THEE only legal place to go wheelin', I wouldn't spend the money modding a Taco or buying a 4wd. Not worth it for me, but that's just me. Maybe put that money into a motocross bike or ATV and hit Kahuku. Is that place still open?
Old 01-18-2012, 05:48 PM   #14
Im stil looking. Let me know what you got. I got the cash ready to go.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:57 PM   #15
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
I'd say 4th option a 84 85 Toyota truck
Old 01-19-2012, 01:41 PM   #16
Long time lurker, first time poster.
Nirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Snipe
Name: Kris
Nirvana's Tacoma Gallery
They have the Sandbox over on Sand Island now behind the water treatment plant. Not sure if it's open to the public yet but a few guys were talking about it in the BS thread. Seen the gate open a few times with some skyhigh trucks over there but that's it.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:45 PM   #17
Taco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant future
Name: j
Taco4Fish's Tacoma Gallery
Expect to pay an arm and a leg for a 1gen with 4x4 and low mileage.... They hardly appear on craigslist too.

Kaena pt is now illegal off trail, and the officers can site you for being off the main roads you can still drive in 2wd is fine. I know this cause I participated in the walk through for the road locations with dlnr
Old 01-21-2012, 12:50 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays2010Taco View Post
I think peacock flats is the best place, been a while since I have been up there mabye its time to get a Toyota cruz and head up for a BBQ did one about a year or so ago had about 10 trucks turn out it was a pretty good time.
That sounds like a good idea bro.
Old 01-21-2012, 12:52 AM   #19
Go home Nubbs, street lights are off!
pancho is a splendid one to beholdpancho is a splendid one to beholdpancho is a splendid one to beholdpancho is a splendid one to beholdpancho is a splendid one to beholdpancho is a splendid one to beholdpancho is a splendid one to behold
Name: Pancho
pancho's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...0k-mi-21k.html
Old 01-21-2012, 12:59 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomtn View Post
I thought they would eventually make it off limits, and well they should, as much as I like wheeling too. Kaena is one of the few pristine places left to go with little/no tourists. Especially past the rock wall, just beautiful back there.

With Peacock Flats being THEE only legal place to go wheelin', I wouldn't spend the money modding a Taco or buying a 4wd. Not worth it for me, but that's just me. Maybe put that money into a motocross bike or ATV and hit Kahuku. Is that place still open?
If you know people you can get into Waikane. Its fun. Peacock flats is another good spot. I saw a video of some guys wheelin up in Mililani mountain ridge. Some wheelin spots are illegal but people still go. The problem with Kaena is that its been abused by so many, that people got tired of it. Sandbox in Sand Island is open to the public. They have different level of wheeling trails. From beginner to expert to fully modified rigs.
Kahuku is open Saturday an Sunday. My 4x4 almost got stuck in the trails up there it was so muddy one day.