1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Question about squeaking..

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by Jays2010Taco, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Jan 9, 2012 at 12:51 AM
    Jays2010Taco

Jays2010Taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Oahu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    10Toyota Tacoma
    6inch Fab-Tech suspension lift
    I have had a bad squeaking sound on the left side of my taco. Checked the ball joints all good, just had new A-Arms put on. Any suggestions? It is not consistent, some days its bad, some days you cannot hear it. Only happens on bumps. Plus since I had my adjustable A-arms put on when I back up and cut my wheel hard all the way to the left It feels like my front tire is rubbing, but never did that before, anyone ever have something similar?

2. Jan 9, 2012 at 9:44 AM
    TACOsupremacy

TACOsupremacy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gaven
    Aiea_Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    05taco
    Never satisfied
    So i guess its coming from the front? If you canged out your A-arms, try double check the grease..i did that on my older toy and had that problem. I didnt have enough grease with the ball joints

3. Jan 9, 2012 at 9:45 AM
    ST3VE

ST3VE IG: @fishsohard

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    MD --> SC
    Tint, car seat, baby wipes
    When my wheel bearings went out there was a bit of squeeking coming from the wheel. Have you checked the bearings?

4. Jan 9, 2012 at 2:36 PM
    Jays2010Taco

Jays2010Taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Oahu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    10Toyota Tacoma
    6inch Fab-Tech suspension lift
    will do both thanks

5. Mar 4, 2012 at 10:49 PM

09638 SCRAPER

Member:
    oahu,hawaii
    Vehicle:
    11 trd sport sr5 prerunner
    2% tint, 20% entire windshield tint, led bulbs, hids, debadged, grey plate covers, shaved antenna, alpine in dash, rockford t2 and amps, rockford highs and mids, 35x12.50x20 toyo mt's, 20x12 fuel octane's deep, 1.5 inch wheel spacers, camburg UCA's, 6" lift w/4" blocks & AAL, 3" body lift, open hood scoop, BHLM, painted emblem, K&N filters, weather tech mats. Next Mod: resevoir rear shocks, Vinyl camo wrap when I'm bored of the grey...
    sometimes the ball joints just need to "wear in" for a few thousand miles and they will stop squeaking. lots of oil will help. was there squeaking before your new a arms? if it was there from when you got the truck new and mostly happens on bumps it could be the rear leafs. mine made a lot of squeaking but now there worn in. some guys on here were taking their trucks to the dealer and getting pads installed between the leafs to dampen the sound but in Hawaii that probably wont happen. I got used to mine but now it went away.

6. Mar 4, 2012 at 11:00 PM
    CopyTaco

CopyTaco skeeert

Member:
    First Name:
    Kins
    Florence, OR
    Vehicle:
    2010 V6 4x4 DCLB
    OME, Demello, 4xInnovations, Relentless, Murdered Click Sig Pic for Build Log
    Make sure to check that anything you loosened or took off was torqued properly. Haven't heard any squeaks since and was immediately fixed.

Products Discussed in

To Top